My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Actually, I didn't think really much of it. I planned to have like two or three non-moving boxes and some wall weapons in some cubes. But I don't know at the moment. Any ideas are welcome, but keep in mind that I have some limitations with entities.
Well wall weapons are ents so it won't matter there what you decide unless you rewrite the script not to need triggers, that would help. Otherwise your looking and linking and unlinking, or just moving it the same as the cube.

You could also spawn weapons in the cubes after it moves, or make it like a game mode... where you get better guns as you kill or get head shots or something.

You could make a wall weapon that randomly went through a list of guns, slowly. Maybe a couple of those around so you only needed one ent for each weapon station there, but could buy many guns from it... Maybe change every round or rotation?

You could only have the box...?

Maybe place weapons on the ground randomly in cubes?

Edit: Maybe have wall weapon stations, and if that cube moves, then the weapon changes, but don't have weapons in every cube? So a cube as to be in a certain position for that weapon to appear.
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:28:11 pm by MakeCents
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
Looking great, hyped for release :)+
Thanks. Glad you like it. ;)
As soon as I finish fixing some stupid scripting bugs, I'll start adding perks, guns and stuff to the cubes and I'll open the beta access, so you will be able to play a bit of the map if you want. But I will "formally" announce it when I open it. :)

Well wall weapons are ents so it won't matter there what you decide unless you rewrite the script not to need triggers, that would help. Otherwise your looking and linking and unlinking, or just moving it the same as the cube.

You could also spawn weapons in the cubes after it moves, or make it like a game mode... where you get better guns as you kill or get head shots or something.

You could make a wall weapon that randomly went through a list of guns, slowly. Maybe a couple of those around so you only needed one ent for each weapon station there, but could buy many guns from it... Maybe change every round or rotation?

You could only have the box...?

Maybe place weapons on the ground randomly in cubes?

Uhm... I really like the idea of spawning weapons. ::) But instead of when the cube moves, after each round spawn a few of weapons randomly, so players will need to move through the map or they'll run out of ammo. And I'll place some custom boxes too, or I'll try at least lol.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Just open beta access! All the necessary info in the Original Post (not too much, lol).
Beta access closed (it's the 5th now in Spain).

Spoiler: click to open...
Just realised I wrote 6 instead of 5 in the Original Post. I'm really sorry. :-[
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:06:29 pm by Soy-Yo
Date Registered: 20 August 2014
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Coding Hobbyist, Application & Web Development
Signature
Undeadmetal's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Undeadmetal's Contact & Social LinksOnlyAGamer
Looks Great Glad to see it worked out, this will be an interesting map to play!
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
News:

I'm back. I've been with exams during the last days and have just finished them.
I had time to script something: made a script to make the final cube random (before I set it manually and created a circuit for it; now it's made randomly) and another to print the numbers for the doors like in the movie (they don't have the same meaning).
http://youtu.be/3yqyoRM3mKM
I'll fix the bugs the testers tell me and I'll change the door system, as MakeCents suggested me some time ago, so they won't use triggers anymore and there won't be more problems with g-spawn (I hope).

Double Post Merge: November 20, 2015, 07:08:14 pm
Also I want to make something that guides you a little bit through the map. It would be a better idea to make it like an Easter Egg or just a perk?
Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:08:14 pm by Soy-Yo
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
I've already added harry's perks and some weapons; you can see them in the Original Post.
And I changed all the textures of the map; now it looks a bit better. I'll add some pictures when I finish other things.

Well, I want to ask if it's possible to create a custom "weapon" like this:
Spoiler: click to open...
In the movie, they threw a boot to check if the cube they were about to get in had a trap. So I'd like to make a "mini easter egg" with the boot: a player finds it and then can use it like the bettys (pressing UP, don't know the key in PC). The question is: is it possible to create a boot weapon with its throwing and getting back anims (and all the stuff needed for a weapon)?

Also I wanted to say I'm having many lightning issues. The main issue is that the doors aren't affected by the lights. But the strange thing is that in another map, with the same prefab, the lights work perfectly. :-\ Also, one day I tried to add a fog at the bottom of the map, and I don't know if it happened because of this, but after that, every time I open a door a color (depending on something in the worldspawn) appears until the door is completely opened. I removed the fog but it continues appearing. It's weird. :P And some light spots that shouldn't be there as well (I think it's because they're going through a brushmodel or something).

I'll keep trying to fix those issues but if you have any idea, PM me or reply here.

I think I'll release another beta when I finish weapon stuff (basically add upgraded weapons and script a new box), because, if I don't forget anything I only have to add some little easter eggs, change some things like menu, music, etc. and script (try it at least) one or two alternative gamemodes.

Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:13:31 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Sounds pretty much like a retriever to me, should be able to do that ( although COD usually skips the "catch" anim )
Date Registered: 27 December 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
MrMcKonz's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
MrMcKonz's Contact & Social Links
This looks...really weird actually. I like it!
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Sounds pretty much like a retriever to me, should be able to do that ( although COD usually skips the "catch" anim )
Well, just with the throwing anim is enough. Then the player can take it back from the floor if the catching anim doesn't work. I'll try to create the weapon (at least the model, maybe then I'll need someone's help for the anims).

This looks...really weird actually. I like it!
That's exactly what I was trying to do. :D
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Well, just with the throwing anim is enough. Then the player can take it back from the floor if the catching anim doesn't work. I'll try to create the weapon (at least the model, maybe then I'll need someone's help for the anims).
That's exactly what I was trying to do. :D
well, you could still have it fling back to the player and vanish like the retriever did, it actually looks ok like that

If you need the throwing anim btw, took me a while to find, as its under "hatchet" but all others are under "tomahawk"
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
well, you could still have it fling back to the player and vanish like the retriever did, it actually looks ok like that

If you need the throwing anim btw, took me a while to find, as its under "hatchet" but all others are under "tomahawk"
Well, I don't have BO2 in my PC, actually, so it'll be difficult for me to get the retriever's anims unless it's possible to get them from the PS3. :D
I'll try to create it anyway, maybe with a grenade anim or something.

I've just reopen beta access. I don't have a release date, but I'll let you know when I finish doing everything I want to do before it.
This time I'm going to select more people (maybe max of 16-20, depending on the number of applicants) and I'll ask one or two people to test specific things with me. And I inform you that I'm going to select only people with more than 20 posts because they can send PM's basically.
Everyone who applied last time and weren't selected will have preference. Current beta testers don't have to apply again, but if you don't want to play this new beta, please PM me and I'll remove you.
And again, everyone in the "Credits" section of the map that apply will be automatically accepted.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Well, I don't have BO2 in my PC, actually, so it'll be difficult for me to get the retriever's anims unless it's possible to get them from the PS3. :D
I'll try to create it anyway, maybe with a grenade anim or something.

I've just reopen beta access. I don't have a release date, but I'll let you know when I finish doing everything I want to do before it.
This time I'm going to select more people (maybe max of 16-20, depending on the number of applicants) and I'll ask one or two people to test specific things with me. And I inform you that I'm going to select only people with more than 20 posts because they can send PM's basically.
Everyone who applied last time and weren't selected will have preference. Current beta testers don't have to apply again, but if you don't want to play this new beta, please PM me and I'll remove you.
And again, everyone in the "Credits" section of the map that apply will be automatically accepted.

You can take mine if you want, it only uses a couple anyway, any other generic tomahawk anims are in the BO1 mod tools ( like the third person ones, or anims to fill in where neccesary to have this as a primary )
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Replaced old pictures. I'll be posting more images when I have some time.

Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:34:51 am by Soy-Yo
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Looking real good, quite unlike any other map we've seen, I'm excited to play this.  :D
Date Registered: 21 June 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Keep Scrolling...
Signature
I Am New Into Mapping And All Of That Kind Of Stuff.I Appreciate Every Help Provided!
LegendHugo's Groups
LegendHugo's Contact & Social LinksHdinis09Hdinis09@hdinis09DonHugo
looks good man,keep up :)
Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:13:48 pm by LegendHugo

Loading ...