UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Work-In-Progress => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Zombie Maps => Topic started by: Soy-Yo on September 16, 2015, 07:16:59 pm

Title: [RELEASED] CUBE
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 16, 2015, 07:16:59 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gstatic.com%2Ftv%2Fthumb%2Fmovieposters%2F20005%2Fp20005_p_v7_aa.jpg&hash=a19fbdbd5faab108243fbe564e9dff564cbab334)

100%

Some pictures:
Spoiler: click to open...
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FoV3mIgZ.jpg&hash=fe3d9df27b12e32ad2aa665902591929d0ffb123)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FaAQIFHV.jpg&hash=c5ead2d9ed3b3c47dbc12b52d42b46fee839af30)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fhfvkr18.jpg&hash=56732676678c04f300993ec358ca2c5f9cfd5300)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo80SWd6.jpg&hash=e16f2c142cef3ec708ba240f4118bc6609a3a5cb)

Here's my new map. I've just started it about a week ago so it isn't very advanced.

The map is based on a movie I like, called "Cube".

Spoiler
A bit of the argument:
In this movie, the characters appear inside a room. The room is a cube and they have six doors, one on every face of the cube. Every door takes them to another cube, maybe with another color or maybe not. Some cubes have traps in them and they have to survive and try to escape from this labyrinth. But it isn't that easy, because the cubes move.

Here you have the link to Filmaffinity if you want to know more about it: http://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film741341.html (http://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film741341.html)

So I'm trying to mix the movie with WaW zombies. I made the cubes similar to the film ones and I made a script (I haven't tested it yet) to move them.

Features:
  - Moving rooms
  - Ending (not a buyable one)
  - Some easter eggs
  - BO and BO2 perks
  - Auto Quick Revive in solo and co-op
  - Weapons from other games
  - Gamemodes.
  - Other things I'll be adding when I think of them

I'm not sure if I'll be able to release the map because I'm having a lot of problems with engine limits, so maybe I'll have to stop working on this in the future. :-\ Hope not

Beta Info:

Beta Testers
Beta Testers
HitmanVere
killingerk
JiffyNoodles
animallover
Rorke
Undeadmetal
MajorPwnege01
MakeCents
greeniezk5
Hass777
xWunderfuLx

Weapons:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2:
    RPG-7

Call of Duty World at War:
    Ray-gun

Call of Duty Black Ops:
    STG-44       M14             Olympia        Commando        Ak-74u          PSG-1        Python
    L96A1        Stoner63        MP5            Stakeout        M60             CZ75         MPL
    Spectre      Famas           M16A1          HK21            RPK             FN FAL       MP40
    PPSh         Thundergun

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3:
    Barrett      ACR 6.8         USP45 Tact.    MP7             Striker

Call of Duty Black Ops 2:
    M1911        Galil

And one or two special weapons

Perks:

If it isn't specified, they have the original effect and cost
 - Quick Revive:
   · Solo: cost 500 (infinite uses, but with a raise on its cost); auto-revive.
   · Co-op: cost 1500 (infinite uses, but with a raise on its cost); revive other players faster and auto-revive (not tested yet); you'll lose all the perks when revived with QR and only two if another player revives you.
 - Juggernog
 - Speed Cola
 - Double Tap 2.0
 - Deadshot Daiquiri: with Harry's laser effect and extra points on headshot kills.
 - Stamin-Up
 - PHD Flopper (don't try to cheat ::))
 - Mule Kick
 - Electric Cherry
 - Vulture Aid: cost 5000 (too over-powered in this map (and I still think it's too cheap)); ammo packs give more ammo.

News:

- [09/30] Finished making all the perk shaders. I'm not using all of them but I wanted to create all. I'll let you download them when the map is released (or cancelled). Hope you like them. ::)

Shaders
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMaYsgEZ.jpg%3F1&hash=58a2a2aecb28c17705cebe0e9c8851479900e814)

- [10/17] Doors are working now. Still need some final touches and little fixes. Here's a video of how they work:

- [10/24] Cube moves are mostly completed scripted. Here's a video:

- [11/20] Made the final cube random and added numbers for the doors. Also learned how to upload 720p videos. :P

- [1/1] Created some traps. Here's the electric one:

- [1/29] Finished everything of the "Classic" gamemode. Still need to create gamemodes if I can and test the map in coop and fix bugs.

- [4/5] Finished Infection gamemode.

Infection
- Players start with 300 points of health and 3 lives (lives can be changed, health no (for the moment at least, don't know if it's necessary)).
- Suddenly, players will become infected and will start losing health throughout the time the infection lasts, but they will never get it back except with cures. All the doors will open then and they will be able to move through the map.
- Cures will spawn randomly throughout the map and players have to find them. They will be given some health back.
- Timed gameplay only.
- Random weapons will be given to the player as in Sharpshooter.
- Max Ammo has been replaced with a powerup that upgrades the player's weapon.
- Players will get some perks with score streaks.
- No perk machines, box or side quest stuff. Only electric trap.
- The objective in solo is to survive as much as the player can. In co-op they have to compete for the limited cures and the last player alive wins.

Credits:

- BluntStuffy (door anims)
 - MakeCents (some parts of the door script, thunder scripts, menu screens)
 - HarryBo21 (perks, tomahawk anims)
 - PROxFTW (solo scoreboard)
 - DidUknowiPwn (Tranzit HUD)
 - shippuden1592 (Ascension zombie models)
 - rdv (BO knifing)
 - CFGFactory people
   · Rorke (weapons)
   · MrDunlop4 (Nuketown characters)
   · Sanya (viewhands)
 - Turbosquid (some models)

- BluntStuffy (making the door anims)
 - MakeCents (helping me with a lot of script stuff)
 - HarryBo21 (helping me with some problems I had)
 - Scobalula (helping with the anims)
 - Bwc66930 (helping with the anims)
 - codmoddd1234 (helping with the anims)
 - Rorke (helping me reduce the file size and Infection gamemode idea)

Top escapists:

- Soy-yo: 20 rounds
Title: Re: CUBE
Post by: Koan on September 16, 2015, 07:48:09 pm
Features:
  - Moving rooms

How do you plan on doing this? It sounds really interesting but also incredibly difficult to pull off.
Post by: Alerion on September 16, 2015, 09:32:47 pm
I like the movies too, the second one was a bit over the top though..

This project seems promising I'm more concerned on how you'll get up to the doors on the sides or even the one on top though.

Now I see why you need so many brushes though :D I hope you'll find a good solution for that.
Post by: DeletedUser on September 16, 2015, 09:42:32 pm

This project seems promising I'm more concerned on how you'll get up to the doors on the sides or even the one on top though.

Now I see why you need so many brushes though :D I hope you'll find a good solution for that.

maybe invisible ladders or a teleport script
Post by: tomikaze on September 16, 2015, 09:42:44 pm
Hey Soy-yo,
                 I had an idea like this years ago where the all the rooms on the map would rearrange every minute or two so that you never knew exactly what room you were about to go into. It would make planing strategies much more difficult and I think that would be exciting to experience. Is that kinda what you were going for?
Post by: Alerion on September 16, 2015, 09:44:53 pm
Hey Soy-yo,
                 I had an idea like this years ago where the all the rooms on the map would rearrange every minute or two so that you never knew exactly what room you were about to go into. It would make planing strategies much more difficult and I think that would be exciting to experience. Is that kinda what you were going for?

With the exception that there would be an exit somewhere.
And wasn't there a map like that years ago? where you had four differently colored portals on each room?
A real cube version would be awesome to see though.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 16, 2015, 10:33:28 pm
How do you plan on doing this? It sounds really interesting but also incredibly difficult to pull off.
I made a script that finds an empty position and its adjacent cubes, selects one of them and moves it. I tested just the move with two cubes and it work perfectly, but I haven't tested the whole code because I need to finish mapping before.
Anyway I've had a few problems that testers may help me with them.

Thanks. :)
I didn't like the second one. It was really weird. :D
There's a platform at the top so you can get there with ladders. I found impossible to have something like a ladder on the ceiling.
And yeah, I reduced the details of the cube and everything should be okay. I have an excel file just to count my script_brushmodels. :D

Hey Soy-yo,
Yes. But it's a bit harder because every cube will look exactly the same but the color (and I think there were only five colors in the movie, I have to count them).
Post by: johndoe on September 16, 2015, 11:32:41 pm
i was about to go batshit thinking this was a box map because of the title. well played kiddo... well played. i hope it turns out great since i had a similar map idea with moving rooms and all. i'm gonna be waiting for this.
Post by: InFInIX on September 17, 2015, 10:19:47 am
With the exception that there would be an exit somewhere.
And wasn't there a map like that years ago? where you had four differently colored portals on each room?
A real cube version would be awesome to see though.
think this was mr. hankeys box, but this map had diors and no portals :p

also i dont know any movie called cube :p
Post by: MakeCents on September 17, 2015, 03:05:35 pm
I was planning on making a map that moved the rooms either each time you played the map or after you found something or after each round and teleported the players to the beginning again.

My other idea was a cube, and on each side of the cube was four rooms, and they rotated in between rounds, changing the map. Bars would come down over doors and a siren would go off, and the rooms would rotate. The tricky part was zombie pathing and spawning outside the rooms.  So I have been thinking of how to do it for a while, lol. If I can help at all, let me know.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 17, 2015, 03:58:34 pm
I think I won't have many problems with zombies. I don't know yet.
And maybe I'll need to spam you with lots of bugs when I test the code. :D Hope not lol. ::)
Post by: Ramiabdh on September 17, 2015, 04:28:41 pm
Would love to see your idea becoming reality. Keep up the good work :D
Post by: RadimaX on September 17, 2015, 07:49:46 pm
Amazing picture, its simply never gonna be enough boxmaps out there, or i mean cube maps! :)
But if you REALLY want to set yourself apart there is a movie called SPHERE that i would recommend for your next map.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 20, 2015, 03:58:10 pm
I added the doors to all the cubes and I'm hitting the non dynamic brush models limit. :-\
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Error: Too many non dyn entity brush models.  Max is [1023]
I'll be trying to fix it, but it seems difficult because the limit is too low. I've tried to move dynamic brush models by script but I couldn't even get the entity. So I don't know what I'm going to do.
Post by: MakeCents on September 20, 2015, 06:17:22 pm
I added the doors to all the cubes and I'm hitting the non dynamic brush models limit. :-\
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Error: Too many non dyn entity brush models.  Max is [1023]
I'll be trying to fix it, but it seems difficult because the limit is too low. I've tried to move dynamic brush models by script but I couldn't even get the entity. So I don't know what I'm going to do.

How are you hitting that? What specifically is causing it? Is it saying you have too many scriptable brushes?
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 20, 2015, 07:10:21 pm
How are you hitting that? What specifically is causing it? Is it saying you have too many scriptable brushes?
I hit that when I added the doors, because every door is made by 4 entities and there are 6 per cube.
I think it's because the number of script_brushmodel entities, because I had hit before the 19600 limit of script_brushmodels, but I had like 300 hundred entities. And now I can have 1500 easily.
I will try making the doors just by one brush so I'll reduce the number of entities by four but I would like to try other things before because I like the way the doors open.
Post by: MakeCents on September 20, 2015, 07:16:30 pm
I hit that when I added the doors, because every door is made by 4 entities and there are 6 per cube.
I think it's because the number of script_brushmodel entities, because I had hit before the 19600 limit of script_brushmodels, but I had like 300 hundred entities. And now I can have 1500 easily.
I will try making the doors just by one brush so I'll reduce the number of entities by four but I would like to try other things before because I like the way the doors open.

If the error is scriptable entries, there are a couple ways to get around it. The best one will require help from a animator. Animating the doors will make it one ent for the model and one for the clip. Other things such as a custom door script that doesn't use triggers, or that uses only one trigger for both sides can help too. Custom zombie entry points, and using script structs instead of script origins as much as possible helps.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 20, 2015, 07:32:43 pm
If the error is scriptable entries, there are a couple ways to get around it. The best one will require help from a animator. Animating the doors will make it one ent for the model and one for the clip. Other things such as a custom door script that doesn't use triggers, or that uses only one trigger for both sides can help too. Custom zombie entry points, and using script structs instead of script origins as much as possible helps.
The point is that I am already using a custom door script and I don't have any script structs or origin.
I need a script because every single of the 4 parts of the door moves to a different corner at 45 degrees. The trigger will open the door of the cube you are and the door of the next cube. And then, when you get out of the "bridge" that connects the two cubes, the doors close.
So if there's any possibility to do something similar but only with one model it'll be great.
Post by: MakeCents on September 20, 2015, 08:14:04 pm
The point is that I am already using a custom door script and I don't have any script structs or origin.
I need a script because every single of the 4 parts of the door moves to a different corner at 45 degrees. The trigger will open the door of the cube you are and the door of the next cube. And then, when you get out of the "bridge" that connects the two cubes, the doors close.
So if there's any possibility to do something similar but only with one model it'll be great.

Yup, that would be with an animated model. I use a similar door opening method as you with only three pieces, but I use structs to be the destination of the door pieces so I can use the same prefab over and over, with the same script. If I get into trouble with ents, I will ask someone to make two or three models with animations for open and close. I'm not the expert on that so I will design my script however they can animate things, setting model and playing anims as needed. I'll send you a script I tweaked from codmodd that counts things then, so you can keep an eye on things. Not at pc now.

count stuff script, works when ads (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ficc4cars8cgm3/_mc_debug.rar)
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 21, 2015, 01:38:52 pm
Yup, that would be with an animated model. I use a similar door opening method as you with only three pieces, but I use structs to be the destination of the door pieces so I can use the same prefab over and over, with the same script. If I get into trouble with ents, I will ask someone to make two or three models with animations for open and close. I'm not the expert on that so I will design my script however they can animate things, setting model and playing anims as needed. I'll send you a script I tweaked from codmodd that counts things then, so you can keep an eye on things. Not at pc now.

count stuff script, works when ads (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ficc4cars8cgm3/_mc_debug.rar)
Thanks for the script. :)
I get this, but it's the previous version (without doors) because I couldn't compile the new one.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
allents 825
active_script_model 380
active_easyfx 0
active_scriptorigins 2
active_scriptbrushmodels 355
active_vehicle 0
active triggers 7
allnodes 567
newzombies 4
And I didn't think in structs when I made the doors. It would have made my work much easier and the script would be more simple. :D
Anyway, I'm not sure and maybe I'm wrong but I can't do door prefabs because I need to get the next door to open it as well.
I believe I only have two options now: make the doors with only one piece and pray to not to hit the limit again or find an animator.
Post by: MakeCents on September 21, 2015, 02:01:14 pm
Thanks for the script. :)
I get this, but it's the previous version (without doors) because I couldn't compile the new one.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
allents 825
active_script_model 380
active_easyfx 0
active_scriptorigins 2
active_scriptbrushmodels 355
active_vehicle 0
active triggers 7
allnodes 567
newzombies 4
And I didn't think in structs when I made the doors. It would have made my work much easier and the script would be more simple. :D
Anyway, I'm not sure and maybe I'm wrong but I can't do door prefabs because I need to get the next door to open it as well.
I believe I only have two options now: make the doors with only one piece and pray to not to hit the limit again or find an animator.

No prob, codmod told me to share with people. I just haven't gotten around to tweaking how I want yet to actually add it to the dl's.

Yeah..., if you are almost done, you might be okay, but if you have much more to do, your ents are pretty high. Usually if I get above 920, I get gspawn in hi rounds. Anything over 1000 usually does it, and zombies can spawn quite a few ents as they explode. 24 zombies * 1 or 3 ents, adds possible 70+ at any given time. I don't know if it means something or if it just usually happens that way, lol.

I do doors differently since I use prefabs. I have another script and it uses a struct in the center of the door. The script gets all the structs for all the doors and associates the closest structs to those doors. When those doors are opened it uses the info I put in that struct to handle everything, like script_flags, sounds, fx, or whatever I want.

I don't know the details of your map or how it works, so I can't direct you very well, but I can try to offer alternate solutions if your running into trouble with something. One other possibility, and this could be a difficult one, is to make the door opening an fx, and one for closing too. Then you can just have one door ent, hide it, and bring it back after it closes. I've never done that one before, but I have added models to fx before. You are prob talking a complete door redesign that way. But animating a model would be the best way prob, and the easiest to incorporate other than just making them one ent brush.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 21, 2015, 04:03:19 pm
But animating a model would be the best way prob, and the easiest to incorporate other than just making them one ent brush.
Ok. I've just tried to do the animation by my own, but then I remembered I have no idea of using Maya. :P
So if there is any animator here, please, help. :-[ I'll be very grateful.
Post by: Scobalula on September 21, 2015, 04:27:23 pm
Ok. I've just tried to do the animation by my own, but then I remembered I have no idea of using Maya. :P
So if there is any animator here, please, help. :-[ I'll be very grateful.

If you have an idea of what you want (in terms of an animation) and have a model I can do the anims for you.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 21, 2015, 04:45:32 pm
If you have an idea of what you want (in terms of an animation) and have a model I can do the anims for you.
Thank you so much! :)
I don't have the models, but they are just simple squares. And yes, I have the idea of the animation because I've made the script. It's really simple (I think; for me it is almost impossible :D). I'll PM you the details.
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 28, 2015, 05:32:00 pm
Scobalula told me he can't finish the doors. So I need someone that wants to make the doors animation for me. ::)
EDIT: Never mind this, I found tutorials and saw it was easier than what I thought. :D
Post by: TOXICRICHTOFEN on September 29, 2015, 04:42:29 pm
i kinda like the idea of moving rooms since it'll give it a unique twist to the map when playing
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 30, 2015, 05:21:56 pm
i kinda like the idea of moving rooms since it'll give it a unique twist to the map when playing
Glad you like it. 8)

NEWS: I've just created custom shaders for every perk. I changed the icon of almost all of them, so hope they make sense to you and you like them. :)
Shaders
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMaYsgEZ.jpg%3F1&hash=58a2a2aecb28c17705cebe0e9c8851479900e814)

And if you think some of them could be better designed, just tell me the design you would use. :)
Post by: Ramiabdh on September 30, 2015, 08:10:53 pm
All look ok and nice, except for Jug, a star seems a bit weird. Why not add the pharmacy sign, the one with a cup and a snake as a suggestion?
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 30, 2015, 09:30:45 pm
Does it look better?

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FUK1fjkf.png%3F2&hash=d29b954455346905fa6734443671f727bf6933ee)

The snake is really thin, I don't know how it'll look in-game, but I'll try to make the shaders bigger so the details will be more visible.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 30, 2015, 09:33:11 pm
Does it look better?

(http://i.imgur.com/UK1fjkf.png?2)

The snake is really thin, I don't know how it'll look in-game, but I'll try to make the shaders bigger so the details will be more visible.
some book i read ages ago on making art "stand out" in places, suggested using shadowing

like this

around points of interest, obviously whatever colour suits rather than red lol. Maybe that could help?
Post by: Soy-Yo on September 30, 2015, 10:09:23 pm
some book i read ages ago on making art "stand out" in places, suggested using shadowing

like this

around points of interest, obviously whatever colour suits rather than red lol. Maybe that could help?
I did just the opposite then, making the "points of interest" lighter. :D
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 10:43:05 am
Some news:
I have now the door models with the animation and I'm not hitting now the limit I was hitting (can't remember which lol). :D
What's the bad part? G-Spawn. Yeeeeaaaah! I can't compile the map now because of G-Spawn. :kidding:
I'll be trying to count all the entities and reduce them as much as possible.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2015, 11:20:50 am
Some news:
I have now the door models with the animation and I'm not hitting now the limit I was hitting (can't remember which lol). :D
What's the bad part? G-Spawn. Yeeeeaaaah! I can't compile the map now because of G-Spawn. :kidding:
I'll be trying to count all the entities and reduce them as much as possible.
ah, my favourite

what was up in the end with the anim?
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 11:32:58 am
ah, my favourite

what was up in the end with the anim?
BluntStuffy fixed it and sent me the model and anims exported. I hadn't bended the joints or something. :derp:
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2015, 11:43:18 am
BluntStuffy fixed it and sent me the model and anims exported. I hadn't bended the joints or something. :derp:
ah binded

we said that lol

oh well, its fixed now :)
Post by: steviewonder87 on October 12, 2015, 11:45:34 am
G-Spawn shouldn't affect compiling at all?
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 11:50:55 am
G-Spawn shouldn't affect compiling at all?
Uhm, now you say that, the linker (I think it was that app) didn't stop when I got the G-Spawn. Nothing appeared in the console so I closed it, but maybe it works anyway.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2015, 12:28:15 pm
Uhm, now you say that, the linker (I think it was that app) didn't stop when I got the G-Spawn. Nothing appeared in the console so I closed it, but maybe it works anyway.
eh?

Gspawn is usually a in game crash, you getting it during compile?
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 12:31:20 pm
Yeah, while it's connecting paths the error appears. But as steviewonder said, it compiles with no problem. Then, when I try to play the map I get the G-Spawn again.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2015, 01:26:02 pm
Yeah, while it's connecting paths the error appears. But as steviewonder said, it compiles with no problem. Then, when I try to play the map I get the G-Spawn again.
that is very strange, ive never seen that. Hope you sort it ;)
Post by: steviewonder87 on October 12, 2015, 02:16:32 pm
Yeah, while it's connecting paths the error appears.
What error? Can you post it?
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 02:20:05 pm
What error? Can you post it?
Nah, I removed many things and I don't get it now. Wait a bit I add more things to the map and I'll get it again. :please:
But it was the same G-Spawn error you get when playing.
Post by: steviewonder87 on October 12, 2015, 05:37:47 pm
Nah, I removed many things and I don't get it now. Wait a bit I add more things to the map and I'll get it again. :please:
But it was the same G-Spawn error you get when playing.
It gave a G-Spawn error in Launcher during compile? Eh? ???
Post by: Scobalula on October 12, 2015, 05:54:07 pm
It gave a G-Spawn error in Launcher during compile? Eh? ???

I don't believe I have ever heard of G-Spawn being thrown at someone while compiling their map. lol
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 06:07:21 pm
Ok, you made me force gspawn. :please:
Here it is. I added 8 script_brushmodels per cube and  tried to compile:

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F7LN9SEK.png&hash=f7390f42881473f780c87f71c10a8886130ef9e5)

When I close that console window, the compiler continues working. But then I can't even play the map because I get gspawn, obviously.
Post by: MakeCents on October 12, 2015, 06:14:40 pm
OH SNAP!

I'm pretty sure I have done it before too, I just couldn't remember, I think it comes from working in prefabs a lot. It becomes exponential.

8 per cube, how many cubes? Or how many ents added total since the 400+ you showed me? Were you over 1000 then? I'm just curious cause it hasn't been an exact science for me, but it seemed consistent around 1000 to do it.
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 06:30:37 pm
OH SNAP!

I'm pretty sure I have done it before too, I just couldn't remember, I think it comes from working in prefabs a lot. It becomes exponential.

8 per cube, how many cubes? Or how many ents added total since the 400+ you showed me? Were you over 1000 then? I'm just curious cause it hasn't been an exact science for me, but it seemed consistent around 1000 to do it.
The number of cubes is secret. :-X But I can tell you that with 4 I didn't get gspawn and with 8 yes. ::)
And I didn't add anything after showing you the 400+ ents.
Post by: steviewonder87 on October 12, 2015, 06:54:20 pm
Ok, you made me force gspawn. :please:
Here it is. I added 8 script_brushmodels per cube and  tried to compile:

(http://i.imgur.com/7LN9SEK.png)

When I close that console window, the compiler continues working. But then I can't even play the map because I get gspawn, obviously.
Weird, I've never seen that before, you must have an insane number of script entities. Have you tried making whatever it is you're doing into models instead of brushes?
Post by: MakeCents on October 12, 2015, 07:04:15 pm
Weird, I've never seen that before, you must have an insane number of script entities. Have you tried making whatever it is you're doing into models instead of brushes?

I'm pretty sure he is stuck doing it that way, even if he made it a model because he would still need brushes for collision. But if he could make a model that had collision he might be okay to make them models. I know nothing about that though, and the models and stuff. JBird632 does though I think. I assume each cube is made up of at least 6 ents or does it count as one when you make a cube/box an ent and then cut it? So that would eliminate 5 there per cube. But he can also reduce ents with scripting, not using triggers as often, or at all, and modifying perk prefabs and such.
Post by: johndoe on October 12, 2015, 07:17:18 pm
why don't you just convert each room to models and add colmaps to them so that you can make the spawned entites much less than they are now? can't be too hard i think.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 12, 2015, 07:24:56 pm
OH SNAP!

its 1022 ;)
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 12, 2015, 07:31:50 pm
I tried before to convert the cube to a model, but it... Well... I had to sacrifice it.
But anyway, each cube is only one entity. And, for example, I converted some brushmodels I was using to make some lights into models and today I had to convert the models into textures to save ents.
And for the perks, for example, I won't use any model. They will be just some brushmodels added to a cube entity.
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 17, 2015, 11:14:19 pm
News:

I finished the doors (more or less). :D
I have to test them in multiplayer and maybe change some script stuff but here's a test of how they work (it may sound easy but it's been harder than you think) :D :

https://youtu.be/KdLoT26uDIE (https://youtu.be/KdLoT26uDIE) (I don't know how to embed videos).

There are some little "bugs" known: since the text isn't a hintstring, "&&1" didn't work and had to be replaced to "USE"; I think that sometimes the sound when opening or closing doesn't play (or it's played too low); and as you can see in the video, if the player opens the door, moves away and returns before it has been totally open, the door has just been blocked to avoid that the player gets stuck. I'll try to work on the script to fix it but that's what happens for the moment.

I'll update the Original Post tomorrow (it's too late for me now).

Credits:
    BluntStuffy (anim)
   MakeCents (part of the script)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on October 17, 2015, 11:29:22 pm
News:

I finished the doors (more or less). :D
I have to test them in multiplayer and maybe change some script stuff but here's a test of how they work (it may sound easy but it's been harder than you think) :D :

https://youtu.be/KdLoT26uDIE (https://youtu.be/KdLoT26uDIE) (I don't know how to embed videos).

There are some little "bugs" known: since the text isn't a hintstring, "&&1" didn't work and had to be replaced to "USE"; I think that sometimes the sound when opening or closing doesn't play (or it's played too low); and as you can see in the video, if the player opens the door, moves away and returns before it has been totally open, the door has just been blocked to avoid that the player gets stuck. I'll try to work on the script to fix it but that's what happens for the moment.

I'll update the Original Post tomorrow (it's too late for me now).

Credits:
    BluntStuffy (anim)
   MakeCents (part of the script)

if your hint is a hud elem you need [{+activate}] instead of &&1
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 20, 2015, 06:49:35 pm
if your hint is a hud elem you need [{+activate}] instead of &&1
Good thing to know. :D

I've taken some snapshots of the map at the moment (textures and that kind of stuff might change and also I want to change zombie models and add some weapons).

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FluTIr8g.jpg&hash=a39508cc3f2f2c396ebe8c874dc60c5ba3cd3d17)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPlnnq3L.jpg&hash=e21a41efcab49c2a514b1a8afb87e9ae73ba0b10)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FcT6DDrM.jpg&hash=c67b5ad1f2bcba4308ec804e97bf493ca5c945ae)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo6d1MVP.jpg&hash=8ac116936a82704cd5ccb7e820a45c40f8adcae8)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F20Fuj37.jpg&hash=fb7f838ca9344701f717a444fcfd5edc8e4f71f0)

Also, I'll try to fix the door's lightning issue.

Now I'm going to fix some scripting bugs and start testing the cube movements. When I finish this I'll post a video of how it works and then I'll add perks, box and stuff and release first beta.
Title: Re: [WIP] CUBE
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 24, 2015, 10:14:06 pm
News:

Cube moving system seems to work perfectly. I'll need to test some stuff to make sure everything is ok, but for now everything looks fine. They move randomly so every game will be different and makes the map even harder. :D
Here's a video of how it works:

(http://youtu.be/92ImWsiTl6c)
Post by: MakeCents on October 24, 2015, 10:31:41 pm
Looks good man. Coming together.
Post by: DeletedUser on October 26, 2015, 09:13:31 am
so now the boxes move, you can easily access all doors, and zombies can spawn. but how are you planning too do weapons. are they going too randomly spawn, or are you going to have wall buys? or something else entirely?
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 26, 2015, 03:31:28 pm
Looks good man. Coming together.

Thank you. :)

so now the boxes move, you can easily access all doors, and zombies can spawn. but how are you planning too do weapons. are they going too randomly spawn, or are you going to have wall buys? or something else entirely?
Actually, I didn't think really much of it. I planned to have like two or three non-moving boxes and some wall weapons in some cubes. But I don't know at the moment. Any ideas are welcome, but keep in mind that I have some limitations with entities.
Post by: Exofile on October 26, 2015, 04:05:22 pm
Looking great, hyped for release :)+
Post by: MakeCents on October 26, 2015, 06:54:14 pm
Actually, I didn't think really much of it. I planned to have like two or three non-moving boxes and some wall weapons in some cubes. But I don't know at the moment. Any ideas are welcome, but keep in mind that I have some limitations with entities.
Well wall weapons are ents so it won't matter there what you decide unless you rewrite the script not to need triggers, that would help. Otherwise your looking and linking and unlinking, or just moving it the same as the cube.

You could also spawn weapons in the cubes after it moves, or make it like a game mode... where you get better guns as you kill or get head shots or something.

You could make a wall weapon that randomly went through a list of guns, slowly. Maybe a couple of those around so you only needed one ent for each weapon station there, but could buy many guns from it... Maybe change every round or rotation?

You could only have the box...?

Maybe place weapons on the ground randomly in cubes?

Edit: Maybe have wall weapon stations, and if that cube moves, then the weapon changes, but don't have weapons in every cube? So a cube as to be in a certain position for that weapon to appear.
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 26, 2015, 07:13:06 pm
Looking great, hyped for release :)+
Thanks. Glad you like it. ;)
As soon as I finish fixing some stupid scripting bugs, I'll start adding perks, guns and stuff to the cubes and I'll open the beta access, so you will be able to play a bit of the map if you want. But I will "formally" announce it when I open it. :)

Well wall weapons are ents so it won't matter there what you decide unless you rewrite the script not to need triggers, that would help. Otherwise your looking and linking and unlinking, or just moving it the same as the cube.

You could also spawn weapons in the cubes after it moves, or make it like a game mode... where you get better guns as you kill or get head shots or something.

You could make a wall weapon that randomly went through a list of guns, slowly. Maybe a couple of those around so you only needed one ent for each weapon station there, but could buy many guns from it... Maybe change every round or rotation?

You could only have the box...?

Maybe place weapons on the ground randomly in cubes?

Uhm... I really like the idea of spawning weapons. ::) But instead of when the cube moves, after each round spawn a few of weapons randomly, so players will need to move through the map or they'll run out of ammo. And I'll place some custom boxes too, or I'll try at least lol.
Title: Re: [BETA 11/7/15] CUBE
Post by: Soy-Yo on October 30, 2015, 11:39:32 pm
Just open beta access! All the necessary info in the Original Post (not too much, lol).
Beta access closed (it's the 5th now in Spain).

Just realised I wrote 6 instead of 5 in the Original Post. I'm really sorry. :-[
Title: Re: [BETA 11/7/15] CUBE
Post by: Undeadmetal on November 04, 2015, 06:40:57 pm
Looks Great Glad to see it worked out, this will be an interesting map to play!
Post by: Soy-Yo on November 20, 2015, 07:06:10 pm
News:

I'm back. I've been with exams during the last days and have just finished them.
I had time to script something: made a script to make the final cube random (before I set it manually and created a circuit for it; now it's made randomly) and another to print the numbers for the doors like in the movie (they don't have the same meaning).
http://youtu.be/3yqyoRM3mKM (http://youtu.be/3yqyoRM3mKM)
I'll fix the bugs the testers tell me and I'll change the door system, as MakeCents suggested me some time ago, so they won't use triggers anymore and there won't be more problems with g-spawn (I hope).

Double Post Merge: November 20, 2015, 07:08:14 pm
Also I want to make something that guides you a little bit through the map. It would be a better idea to make it like an Easter Egg or just a perk?
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 04, 2015, 10:02:38 pm
I've already added harry's perks and some weapons; you can see them in the Original Post.
And I changed all the textures of the map; now it looks a bit better. I'll add some pictures when I finish other things.

Well, I want to ask if it's possible to create a custom "weapon" like this:
In the movie, they threw a boot to check if the cube they were about to get in had a trap. So I'd like to make a "mini easter egg" with the boot: a player finds it and then can use it like the bettys (pressing UP, don't know the key in PC). The question is: is it possible to create a boot weapon with its throwing and getting back anims (and all the stuff needed for a weapon)?

Also I wanted to say I'm having many lightning issues. The main issue is that the doors aren't affected by the lights. But the strange thing is that in another map, with the same prefab, the lights work perfectly. :-\ Also, one day I tried to add a fog at the bottom of the map, and I don't know if it happened because of this, but after that, every time I open a door a color (depending on something in the worldspawn) appears until the door is completely opened. I removed the fog but it continues appearing. It's weird. :P And some light spots that shouldn't be there as well (I think it's because they're going through a brushmodel or something).

I'll keep trying to fix those issues but if you have any idea, PM me or reply here.

I think I'll release another beta when I finish weapon stuff (basically add upgraded weapons and script a new box), because, if I don't forget anything I only have to add some little easter eggs, change some things like menu, music, etc. and script (try it at least) one or two alternative gamemodes.

Post by: Harry Bo21 on December 04, 2015, 10:13:37 pm
Sounds pretty much like a retriever to me, should be able to do that ( although COD usually skips the "catch" anim )
Post by: MrMcKonz on December 05, 2015, 02:10:23 am
This looks...really weird actually. I like it!
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 05, 2015, 12:02:59 pm
Sounds pretty much like a retriever to me, should be able to do that ( although COD usually skips the "catch" anim )
Well, just with the throwing anim is enough. Then the player can take it back from the floor if the catching anim doesn't work. I'll try to create the weapon (at least the model, maybe then I'll need someone's help for the anims).

This looks...really weird actually. I like it!
That's exactly what I was trying to do. :D
Post by: Harry Bo21 on December 05, 2015, 08:54:53 pm
Well, just with the throwing anim is enough. Then the player can take it back from the floor if the catching anim doesn't work. I'll try to create the weapon (at least the model, maybe then I'll need someone's help for the anims).
That's exactly what I was trying to do. :D
well, you could still have it fling back to the player and vanish like the retriever did, it actually looks ok like that

If you need the throwing anim btw, took me a while to find, as its under "hatchet" but all others are under "tomahawk"
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 09, 2015, 02:43:32 pm
well, you could still have it fling back to the player and vanish like the retriever did, it actually looks ok like that

If you need the throwing anim btw, took me a while to find, as its under "hatchet" but all others are under "tomahawk"
Well, I don't have BO2 in my PC, actually, so it'll be difficult for me to get the retriever's anims unless it's possible to get them from the PS3. :D
I'll try to create it anyway, maybe with a grenade anim or something.

I've just reopen beta access. I don't have a release date, but I'll let you know when I finish doing everything I want to do before it.
This time I'm going to select more people (maybe max of 16-20, depending on the number of applicants) and I'll ask one or two people to test specific things with me. And I inform you that I'm going to select only people with more than 20 posts because they can send PM's basically.
Everyone who applied last time and weren't selected will have preference. Current beta testers don't have to apply again, but if you don't want to play this new beta, please PM me and I'll remove you.
And again, everyone in the "Credits" section of the map that apply will be automatically accepted.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on December 09, 2015, 10:46:01 pm
Well, I don't have BO2 in my PC, actually, so it'll be difficult for me to get the retriever's anims unless it's possible to get them from the PS3. :D
I'll try to create it anyway, maybe with a grenade anim or something.

I've just reopen beta access. I don't have a release date, but I'll let you know when I finish doing everything I want to do before it.
This time I'm going to select more people (maybe max of 16-20, depending on the number of applicants) and I'll ask one or two people to test specific things with me. And I inform you that I'm going to select only people with more than 20 posts because they can send PM's basically.
Everyone who applied last time and weren't selected will have preference. Current beta testers don't have to apply again, but if you don't want to play this new beta, please PM me and I'll remove you.
And again, everyone in the "Credits" section of the map that apply will be automatically accepted.

You can take mine if you want, it only uses a couple anyway, any other generic tomahawk anims are in the BO1 mod tools ( like the third person ones, or anims to fill in where neccesary to have this as a primary )
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 11, 2015, 11:09:38 pm
Replaced old pictures. I'll be posting more images when I have some time.

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FoV3mIgZ.jpg&hash=fe3d9df27b12e32ad2aa665902591929d0ffb123)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FaAQIFHV.jpg&hash=c5ead2d9ed3b3c47dbc12b52d42b46fee839af30)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fhfvkr18.jpg&hash=56732676678c04f300993ec358ca2c5f9cfd5300)

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo80SWd6.jpg&hash=e16f2c142cef3ec708ba240f4118bc6609a3a5cb)
Post by: Exofile on December 11, 2015, 11:11:59 pm
Looking real good, quite unlike any other map we've seen, I'm excited to play this.  :D
Post by: LegendHugo on December 11, 2015, 11:13:30 pm
looks good man,keep up :)
Post by: Undeadmetal on December 13, 2015, 07:13:11 am
Really like those perk shaders   :rainbow: Map's still looking really great, wait it's not looking great,.... it is great!   :gusta:
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 13, 2015, 09:16:58 pm
Looking real good, quite unlike any other map we've seen, I'm excited to play this.  :D
looks good man,keep up :)
Really like those perk shaders   :rainbow: Map's still looking really great, wait it's not looking great,.... it is great!   :gusta:
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpre14.deviantart.net%2Fb900%2Fth%2Fpre%2Ff%2F2011%2F288%2F7%2F7%2Foh__stop_it__you__by_rober_raik-d4cwd9f.png&hash=e688c4a279817365fea3d0dc34410956eb66cace)

The map is "almost" finished. I'm now editing the menus for the beta and then I'll only have to fix the bugs that testers find, add some easter eggs and quests and I'll try to create one or two game modes as well. Maybe it takes me two weeks or two months lol.

Well, glad you like the map and thank you for your support. :) Feel free to tell me any suggestion you have.
Post by: Twicore on December 13, 2015, 09:18:29 pm
Looking pretty good so far. Can't wait for a release.
Post by: Cold_banana on December 13, 2015, 11:02:59 pm
Maybe instead of so many ladders, you can give players exo suits or double jump and wall run abilities like bo3. Or have a button that when pressed triggers low gravity so you can move from one cube to another more fluidly.
Just to make the map fun and fast paced and less annoying
Post by: Harry Bo21 on December 14, 2015, 11:40:33 am
Maybe instead of so many ladders, you can give players exo suits or double jump and wall run abilities like bo3. Or have a button that when pressed triggers low gravity so you can move from one cube to another more fluidly.
or something they press that "moves" them to the next area. So maybe a button, then the player lifts up and is moved into the next area? something like that
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 14, 2015, 01:28:49 pm
Looking pretty good so far. Can't wait for a release.
Thanks. :)
or something they press that "moves" them to the next area. So maybe a button, then the player lifts up and is moved into the next area? something like that
I haven't thought before about having double jump or moving them (well, actually I tried to move the players to reach the top door from the top of the lateral ladders and didn't work very well lol). I like the idea because it would be easier for players to go to cubes in the same height, but I will also need ladders to get to the top ones and to reach some important things. Also I wanted it to fit more or less to the movie, and in the movie they were normal people that had to climb ladders. :D
By the way, thanks for the ideas. :)
Post by: shibbygrex on December 19, 2015, 05:52:25 pm
love the movie "The Cube" :D

nice cubes, amazing doors

CANT wait 4 release !!!!
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 21, 2015, 11:14:22 pm
love the movie "The Cube" :D

nice cubes, amazing doors

CANT wait 4 release !!!!
Thanks. I suffered very much with doors, so glad you like them. :D

I'll send the Beta to testers tomorrow if I don't find any important bug before. It's still open the access for everyone who want to test it (test, not play it earlier).
Post by: Soy-Yo on December 25, 2015, 10:33:38 pm
I know it's irrelevant and you won't give a f... but I'm happy and just wanted to post this. :D

You might say I cheated but I promise I didn't.
I escaped in the beta version. If some of the testers escape, please send me a screenshot and I'll make a leaderboard or something. Please don't cheat. :(

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FCoEBued.jpg&hash=426eceede6992f738a445507a77f9f7eb09906bf)

I have to admit I know how to escape, though. ::)

Also I found an important bug myself at the ending. :P
Post by: wilsonowen21 on December 26, 2015, 05:07:11 am
Wow it looks great! Looks really accurate to the movie
Post by: Soy-Yo on January 01, 2016, 04:27:40 pm
Wow it looks great! Looks really accurate to the movie
Thanks, that's what I'm trying. :)

A little update.
Added two little easter eggs I won't tell you related to the movie and planning a little side quest to earn a weapon.
Also created two traps, one electric and the other secret (it isn't finished yet).
Here's the video for the electric one, hope you like it:

http://youtu.be/xPqTdp8YOJs (http://youtu.be/xPqTdp8YOJs)

P.S.: it's very likely I'll change the model of the trap because I don't like it. :P
Post by: Soy-Yo on January 29, 2016, 10:31:16 pm
New update.

I've been busy the whole month with studies but I had time to create the side quest. If you guess what the hell it is for you win a cookie. :P
No.

(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVe0c4Q3.jpg&hash=1b06835d5a1ea06a501aaf1939f64c9a813dc6d5)

It has nothing to do with the movie, but I wanted to add it.

With this the map is mainly finished except for some little changes I still have to make (move stuff in the map, edit some scripts, add a few sounds and effects and edit some images).
I also have to add gamemodes and a tutorial at the beginning (I'm not sure about how to do it yet) and test coop to fix some bugs we've found. This things are what will take me more time I guess.

I'll still be busy for about two weeks but hope I can get everything finished in a month (after the two weeks). I hope only.
Post by: Xperience on February 11, 2016, 11:38:38 pm
Love seeing so many unique ideas continue to emerge in the community. Can't wait for this release :) Well done, keep it up!
Post by: JonasGibson on February 11, 2016, 11:55:00 pm
I like whats going on here
Say i looked and it seems no ones doing audio...I could help you with audio :D  :cute:
Post by: arceus on February 12, 2016, 12:06:24 am
please don't keep black kit view hands ;-;. contrary to what weapon tuts say you don't need them ;-;
Post by: Soy-Yo on February 12, 2016, 01:40:46 pm
I like whats going on here
Say i looked and it seems no ones doing audio...I could help you with audio :D  :cute:
Thank you for the offer, but I've already done everything related with audio. :)
please don't keep black kit view hands ;-;. contrary to what weapon tuts say you don't need them ;-;
Reaally???!!! :o
Thank you very much for the info. ;) I'll try to create custom ones then.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 12, 2016, 03:30:53 pm
they dont say that anyway, rollon just included the model_export in the tutorial so you had one to use "if you didnt have one already"

infact he explicitly says this himself "in" the video....
Post by: Soy-Yo on February 12, 2016, 07:48:01 pm
By the way, I'd like to ask you your opinion.

1) I'm already using one special weapon that you have to complete something first to get it. I also have a Thunder in the box. Is it too much or is it ok? May I change the Thunder for a Mark II, keep the Thunder or just remove it? What do you think? Might I create a poll about it?

2) I think next week I'll start scripting game modes. I've already though in two but there's one of them I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it:
 - Infection. Players are killing zombies like normal. Suddenly they're told they've been infected and that they have to find the cure in the cube. So there's only one cure for every two players, for example, and they have to avoid zombies moving through the cubes to find the cure. They start with extra health (200-250 probably) and they'll be losing it while they're infected. After two minutes they've lost 75-100 of life and stop losing it. When players get the cure they recover part of their life and stop losing it until next infection. The objective in multiplayer is to "kill" the rest of the players and in solo just survive as much as they can. Thanks Rorke for the idea. :)

- Domination. This is the one I don't know if I can do it. The game starts with all the cubes (or most of them) with the color red and the rest with green. Players have to kill enough zombies in the red cubes to make them green. After they've made a cube green they have 30 seconds to find another red cube and kill zombies there. If they end up in a green cube and don't kill enough zombies in a period of time, they'll lose the cube and it'll turn red again. Not sure in this one if I'll be able to change the color of moving cubes with non moving lights. Have to test.

Well, what I'm asking now is your opinion of these gamemodes and if you have any other idea, because I'd like to have at least two or three of them.
Post by: Exofile on February 12, 2016, 07:52:20 pm
By the way, I'd like to ask you your opinion.

1) I'm already using one special weapon that you have to complete something first to get it. I also have a Thunder in the box. Is it too much or is it ok? May I change the Thunder for a Mark II, keep the Thunder or just remove it? What do you think? Might I create a poll about it?

2) I think next week I'll start scripting game modes. I've already though in two but there's one of them I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it:
 - Infection. Players are killing zombies like normal. Suddenly they're told they've been infected and that they have to find the cure in the cube. So there's only one cure for every two players, for example, and they have to avoid zombies moving through the cubes to find the cure. They start with extra health (200-250 probably) and they'll be losing it while they're infected. After two minutes they've lost 75-100 of life and stop losing it. When players get the cure they recover part of their life and stop losing it until next infection. The objective in multiplayer is to "kill" the rest of the players and in solo just survive as much as they can. Thanks Rorke for the idea. :)

- Domination. This is the one I don't know if I can do it. The game starts with all the cubes (or most of them) with the color red and the rest with green. Players have to kill enough zombies in the red cubes to make them green. After they've made a cube green they have 30 seconds to find another red cube and kill zombies there. If they end up in a green cube and don't kill enough zombies in a period of time, they'll lose the cube and it'll turn red again. Not sure in this one if I'll be able to change the color of moving cubes with non moving lights. Have to test.

Well, what I'm asking now is your opinion of these gamemodes and if you have any other idea, because I'd like to have at least two or three of them.

The Special weapon? How OP is it? I'd say, if it's like a thundergun in strength, keep it.

Domination? Sounds really damn cool, would definetly give more replayability. With gamemodes like this and Infection, if it's randomized where they go etc, it won't get too repetitive. ;)
Post by: Soy-Yo on February 12, 2016, 08:52:28 pm
The Special weapon? How OP is it? I'd say, if it's like a thundergun in strength, keep it.

Domination? Sounds really damn cool, would definetly give more replayability. With gamemodes like this and Infection, if it's randomized where they go etc, it won't get too repetitive. ;)
The special weapon is a bit worse than the thunder, but in this map it becomes much better than it (in my opinion).

Cool that you like the gamemodes. Hope they look finally like they look in my mind. :D
Post by: TTheenderr on March 31, 2016, 02:13:20 pm
Can't wait to try this map out! Looks really cool!
Post by: DeathBringerZen on March 31, 2016, 03:28:43 pm
Really loved the movie Cube and from what I have seen you are doing a grand job replicating it so I am looking forward to seeing more of this. Good luck!
Post by: Dust on March 31, 2016, 05:17:59 pm
The infection game mode sounds pretty fun. Like Exofile said, try to make it so the cure spawns random throughout the map, so its not too predictable where to go to become "uninfected".
Post by: Soy-Yo on April 01, 2016, 11:08:09 pm
Can't wait to try this map out! Looks really cool!
Really loved the movie Cube and from what I have seen you are doing a grand job replicating it so I am looking forward to seeing more of this. Good luck!
Thank you. :) :)
The infection game mode sounds pretty fun. Like Exofile said, try to make it so the cure spawns random throughout the map, so its not too predictable where to go to become "uninfected".
I haven't been working on this for some mainly because the gamemode script wasn't working as it should, I didn't know how to fix it and got bored. Finally fixed it and Infection is almost done, I think (if I'm not forgetting anything). I might upload a little video soon, when I finish it completely.
But I don't know what to do, because it takes zombies millenniums to spawn, what makes it too easy to move from one cube to another.
And, of course, the cures spawn randomly. Otherwise it wouldn't be fun. :D
Post by: Soy-Yo on April 05, 2016, 04:51:27 pm
Ok, still need to test co-op, maybe adjust some timers and fix some bugs but here it is:

Infection
- Players start with 300 points of health and 3 lives (lives can be changed, health no (for the moment at least, don't know if it's necessary)).
- Suddenly, players will become infected and will start losing health throughout the time the infection lasts, but they will never get it back except with cures. All the doors will open then and they will be able to move through the map.
- Cures will spawn randomly throughout the map and players have to find them. They will be given some health back.
- Timed gameplay only.
- Random weapons will be given to the player as in Sharpshooter.
- Max Ammo has been replaced with a powerup that upgrades the player's weapon.
- Players will get some perks with score streaks.
- No perk machines, box or side quest stuff. Only electric trap.
- The objective in solo is to survive as much as the player can. In co-op they have to compete for the limited cures and the last player alive wins.

Known bugs:
- First time a player win points, they will be shown as negative ("-100" for example).
- Players go to laststand on the last death, even though the game is over.
- Timer still running after game over for a few seconds.
- Players won't get red screen after losing some max health. If anybody knows how this can happen... Because I have no idea lol.
- Not sure but I think that when players are teleported to a cube (they are between two doors when they're about to close, for example), they're always teleported to the starting cube.
Post by: Soy-Yo on May 03, 2016, 07:42:56 pm
Ok, I think I've already finished everything I wanted to do. The map is almost ready for release, but still needs some testing to make sure everything works and I'm with exams right now, so I don't have a release date at the moment.
By the way, I tried to create the Domination gamemode but ran into max var error, and I got bored so it won't be in the release. Maybe if I make an update, I'll try to fix it.
Post by: AKScorpion75 on May 04, 2016, 12:20:19 am
I really wish i saw this map sooner, i wish i could get a beta, but i was too late, anyways good looking cube!
Get it? Cube' good looking cube
Post by: Soy-Yo on May 25, 2016, 12:01:55 pm
So, finally, the map is ready to be released!!

I'm going to send the map first to people who have helped me with something in the map and on Friday I'm going to release it publicly.

Hope you guys enjoy it. :)

And thank you all for all your support during these months. I really appreciate it. ;)
Title: Re: [RELEASE ON 5/27] CUBE
Post by: MakeCents on May 25, 2016, 12:20:55 pm
Congrats, I look forward to others being as tormented as I was, lol. Definitely a very unique map!
Post by: Ramiabdh on May 25, 2016, 11:01:41 pm
First box maps, and now cube maps. What's next, sphere maps?

Congrats for finishing the map, can't wait for release dude!  :D
Post by: Soy-Yo on May 26, 2016, 08:56:46 am
Congrats, I look forward to others being as tormented as I was, lol. Definitely a very unique map!
Thanks, man. :) Let's see what the community thinks.
First box maps, and now cube maps. What's next, sphere maps?

Congrats for finishing the map, can't wait for release dude!  :D
Haha, thanks. You know, we're always trying to do new things. :D Box maps are old-fashioned, people now want cube maps.