Created 9 years ago
by WhiskyLima
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Thanks, I'm thinking about changing the name slightly however to "The Graveyard Shift", Thoughts?

At the moment I am working on the layout of the map, how the different zones will be accessed and what weapons / perks etc. are laid out in the map and which perks come first and which come later (suggestions welcome on perk order). There is also likely to be an additional room or possibly a small group of rooms which are on the ground floor but still not worked out where or what yet.

At the moment my biggest issue is that this is a small map and it needs to be kept interesting by adding buy-able areas which lead to better weapons and perk machines. The problem I'm facing is that all the areas I can think of to make buy-able come from the main room and therefore can all be accessed from the very start, does anyone have any suggestions about how to get round this? Is it possible to make some doors inaccessible until the power has been activated for example?

Cheers for reading guys
I'd add an underground catacomb like area with dark tunnels and such, if the pictures represent the entire map it will be opened up by round 3. :P

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2480.msg23728.html#msg23728

40 keks
Is that map still a thing?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Date Registered: 14 August 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
| Graphic designer for hire|
Signature
NewYorksFinest's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Can't wait to play it! Whenever it's finished that is.
Date Registered: 9 August 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
Signature
"Just because we have the biggest hammer, doesn't mean every problem is a nail!"
WhiskyLima's Groups
WhiskyLima's Contact & Social Links
Hey all, a quick vid of my map in play. please bear in mind this is my first map so it may be crap now, but thats where you guys come in. any suggestions will be taken onboard.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/kcknBuFu8Hc

p.s. Not sure how to add the video inline.. sorry
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
Hey all, a quick vid of my map in play. please bear in mind this is my first map so it may be crap now, but thats where you guys come in. any suggestions will be taken onboard.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/kcknBuFu8Hc

p.s. Not sure how to add the video inline.. sorry

this actually looks like a fun little map so far, and looks decent too for a first map, just make sure to take your time and detail, I really like that flickering candle light, definatly add more of those down in the catacombs when you expand that area
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 12 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
if you want help with that wall where the round window is sopposed to be changed i could build some good replacement if you need any help, few attempt to do more then just a box and pap room for their first map so i really encourage you to build more onto this.
Date Registered: 11 September 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
There's a Hero in all of us.
SPi's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Its okay but ww2 means no custom guns? right? well at least use Bo2 STG44 and MP40
if so.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
Its okay but ww2 means no custom guns? right? well at least use Bo2 STG44 and MP40
if so.

If i'm being honest, I have no idea what weapons should and should not be in there but what I do know is that there will probably be upgraded weapons weather they are period accurate or not. The current set of wall weapons are a temporary arrangement and will likely change a number of times before i settle on anything.

Double Post Merge: October 01, 2015, 06:23:36 pm
if you want help with that wall where the round window is sopposed to be changed i could build some good replacement if you need any help, few attempt to do more then just a box and pap room for their first map so i really encourage you to build more onto this.

That is very kind of you! I assume you mean the big round window from the images? I have actually removed that now and i'm not sure if it's going to go back in or not hence I haven't made anything fancy in the first place but I will definitely let you know if I need it - that kind of help is highly appreciated. I'm thinking that area might now be a continued path from one side of the upper floor to the other with perhaps a zombie windows and maybe even a door into a small attic like room?

We will see :)

Double Post Merge: October 02, 2015, 04:33:35 pm
Hey all, I have started work on the upper level to make it a little more challenging. There is now an additional room at the back and the walkway is connected to allow the player and zombies to move from one side to the other. There is also a zombie spawner so zombies climb into the additional room meaning that the player can't just camp at the top, they will have to work for that position.

I am happy with the upper level layout for now, but who knows what may be added.

Next is the underground section, one extra tunnel has been added, but there will be many more changes to the layout here before i'm happy with it

Thanks for reading!
Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:33:35 pm by WhiskyLima
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Nice to see from vid, that its not just one church, lol. One thing you could add is cemetery on back of the church and you need to drop from upper floor to get there. Then one grave could drop you down to the underground section. Would be neat to see that :P
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
the circular window was just there for the time being but i was thinking since your new to all this maby i would do a wall that had something of more complex shaped windows similair to this and you would just put it in where the existing wall is :) that way it would look a bit better

• steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Agreed, great to see a first time mapper actually putting in the effort. If you need help with guns or anything gimme a shout mate.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
the circular window was just there for the time being but i was thinking since your new to all this maby i would do a wall that had something of more complex shaped windows similair to this and you would just put it in where the existing wall is :) that way it would look a bit better

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes i see what you mean, let me have a think about the layout, I would love to include something like that.

Do you think the windows could be better in the sides of the church?

Double Post Merge: October 03, 2015, 12:42:36 pm
I thought i should share a pic of the current windows in the sides of the church, im not happy with them at the moment, dont look gothic enough for my liking, what do you think?

Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:42:36 pm by WhiskyLima
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Hey guys, Little update: I have been working on a basement for this map which will be accessible via a buyable door behind the alter. I also have two staircases which lead to the upper balcony level but I wonder if there should be buyable debris there too, it seems like too small a map if there are not at least 3 or 4 buyable areas right? The problem is that both stair cases lead to the same place as you might be able to tell from picture one. I was thinking of having debris on both sides so if you wanted to run a train, you'd have to buy them both.. any suggestions?

Double Post Merge: September 19, 2015, 04:59:35 pm
Thought I would share some textured images, Not much has changed other than that but this gives you a better idea of the feel of the map. I will more than likely end up replacing some or all of these textures with either other stock textures or maybe some custom textures. Who knows.

I should probably mention that crazy looking window too hu? Well its not staying. Im going to make either a model or a prefab to go in the wall which will be a stained glass window (to keep with the theme). I was going to make it round like this but this is too big and reall was just placed so I can position my moonlight to cast onto the floor of the church
Don't forget to add those Holy Water fonts from Origins :D
Looks great though!
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
dude thats so nice, that shape on the top was exaclt what i kinda was reffering to, it has those cylindrical framing inside no matter what shape tha window frame is still makes it look so good nice job on this:

Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
dude thats so nice, that shape on the top was exaclt what i kinda was reffering to, it has those cylindrical framing inside no matter what shape tha window frame is still makes it look so good nice job on this:

Why thank you! I will need to play with it though cos i'm not happy with the texture and I think in game, the glass texture is not transparent enough, but it's a start.

Loading ...