Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Celtic Ruins [WIP]

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by Fracture Studios

Poll

Question: (Poll by HeX Reapers - since I have access to this account) Should we make Fracture Studios an active Youtube Channel? More info on the channel if the majority votes "Yes"  

Yes
75 (89.3%)
No
9 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: October 31, 2014, 03:08:32 am

Poll

Question: What kind of feautres do you want to see in this map, or any of that matter?

A Large Easter Egg
32 (11.5%)
A breath taking ending
18 (6.5%)
Many Custom weapons (Weapons never seen before in any COD or other game)
62 (22.2%)
Many Perks ( never seen before in any COD or other game)
31 (11.1%)
A very well made boss zombie
22 (7.9%)
All of the Above
114 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 188

Date Registered: 19 May 2014
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
How on gods earth did you manage to get your map over 6g? :O

The reason why our map was gigantic was because there actually was 5000 images in our image folder. Also we ported just about everything from Black Ops 2 and lastly the map is gigantic and highly detailed. I was just as surprised to hear from the mapper that it was over 6 gigs and these are the reasons why. To solve, we have managed to mainly get rid of some huge textures/images that we were not using and got rid of some usless files to drastically reduce file size. I hope this makes more sense now.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Well if you had 5000 images and 'everything ported from BO2' how on Earth did you get the map to load??
You would be WAAAY over both the WAW image and model limit....
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Well if you had 5000 images and 'everything ported from BO2' how on Earth did you get the map to load??

That was my thoughts exactly. I don't want to make assumptions here, but the mapper(s) may have bitten off more than they can chew. I am really starting to wonder how this will be able to transfer over, especially if there is more to be added!?
Date Registered: 26 November 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I own the hat!
DuaLVII's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
DuaLVII's Contact & Social Linksthomas.gascoigne.7DuaLVIIDuaLVIITheProlonger
Spoiler: click to open...

Comes to mind
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
hahaha
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Spoiler: click to open...

Comes to mind

That your bedroom Dual??  :o
Date Registered: 26 November 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I own the hat!
DuaLVII's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
DuaLVII's Contact & Social Linksthomas.gascoigne.7DuaLVIIDuaLVIITheProlonger
That your bedroom Dual??  :o

haha cheeky cheeky.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
This is why we were having an error for about 2 weeks. We were over the model limit. This really should not be something to focus on. Most Black ops 2 images have been removed, we only needed some textures such as the lava and some mob of the dead models. I would rather you not comment on the gigantic map size and rather comment on what we could add to make the map better or things we should improve on. Thanks!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I would rather you not comment on the gigantic map size and rather comment on what we could add to make the map better or things we should improve on. Thanks!

Sorry, but that is not something that can be avoided. The size of the map would obviously bring focus. No other map has ever breached the 1 gigabyte mark before, with JBirds maybe being the closest with 600+mb I believe.

Something coming in at 6 gig is going to get discussed whether it is wanted or not. The size is ridiculous!! Still, I am sure the map is still the main focal point.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Sorry, but that is not something that can be avoided. The size of the map would obviously bring focus. No other map has ever breached the 1 gigabyte mark before, with JBirds maybe being the closest with 600+mb I believe.

Something coming in at 6 gig is going to get discussed whether it is wanted or not. The size is ridiculous!! Still, I am sure the map is still the main focal point.
Like i said yet before compressed it is 500 mb but it can definitely be lowered more, dont worry about it, we got it all under control.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
Not much to go on as far as images but from what I see there it looks like some excellent mapping. I'll be looking forward to seeing progress in the future.
y do you always steal my words saje :(
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Like i said yet before compressed it is 500 mb but it can definitely be lowered more, dont worry about it, we got it all under control.

Ah... then my apologies. I thought the 6 gig WAS the compressed size. lol. (oops  :P)
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
FS, if you guys need an extra voice/writer - ill gladly help out with the project. Im very good with ideas and story-line, as well as voice overs. If i could get some more info on the map backstory and character info, i can wip up 2 pages of story-line right off the bat! Anyway, this map looks extremely superb with the amount of detail and theme! Im definitely going to keep my eye on this one. ;D ;)   
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
FS, if you guys need an extra voice/writer - ill gladly help out with the project. Im very good with ideas and story-line, as well as voice overs. If i could get some more info on the map backstory and character info, i can wip up 2 pages of story-line right off the bat! Anyway, this map looks extremely superb with the amount of detail and theme! Im definitely going to keep my eye on this one. ;D ;)
Thank you Hex i am glad you are interested. Email us or contact us on Skype with a Story line or list of characters you would like to add, ect. We would be glad to have a writer be working on the project coming up with a great story line. So like i said Email us and we will be sure to get back to you!
Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:01:42 pm by Fracture Studios
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Thank you Hex i am glad you are interested. Email us or contact us on Skype with a Story line or list of characters you would like to add, ect. We would be glad to have a writer be working on the project coming up with a great story line. So like i said Email us and we will be sure to get back to you!
I will start now, might be done next week (gotta think about the location you gave us and all that stuff) a detailed map deserves a detailed story-line! As for characters, i could come up with some ideas but if you already have certain ones planned (i would need some info) i could add back-story and personality. if you want, i could also do some research on guns from the time period and come up with a rough gun-list. As you said, once i have it typed and finalized ill email it to you. Btw, im loving the bo2 models your adding! (motd corpse bag, origins "corpse on a stake", other textures and what not...)  ::) ;D

Loading ...