Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
I'm using the Origins Version of Richtofen, Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo. As these characters you'll explore Alcatraz the year it closed down to the public. You may even learn what exactly was going on in the prison and what the warden was up to.  8)
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
imreigning's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
imreigning's Contact & Social Linksimreigningimreigningimreigningimreigning
Hey when is the map comming out? If you need any textures made let me know!
Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:05:02 am by imreigning
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Hey guys! Quick update. I have done so much work on the map and have been testing it lately. Solo works perfect. Coop had some issues but I got all of them but one fixed. To be honest I'm feeling really burnt out on the map. I want it to be amazing but at the same time I'm ready to be finished. I've been working on this map on and off for years. That's right I said "YEARS" lol. So no matter what this map will be released before Christmas.  :nyan:

Also I'm going to add some new polls above so check them out and give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Whippy
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
imreigning's Contact & Social Linksimreigningimreigningimreigningimreigning
:") Im so happy :')
Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:22:37 am by imreigning
Date Registered: 9 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Darkpoto45's Groups
Darkpoto45's Contact & Social LinksCTMFTK
I voted :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
I voted :)

Thanks man! I'm getting good results with the voting. You guys seem to like the same things I do.

Quick Update:
After a lot of testing I have everything working great. So basically now I'm just adding some more little things to do. I want to give players more than just the main objectives to do. This is the fun part for me because there is no real pressure and its mainly fun/cool things I'm making.

Just hold on a little longer guys. You'll be slaying the undead on Alcatraz once more in no time.  ;)
Date Registered: 9 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Darkpoto45's Groups
Darkpoto45's Contact & Social LinksCTMFTK
Thanks man! I'm getting good results with the voting. You guys seem to like the same things I do.

Quick Update:
After a lot of testing I have everything working great. So basically now I'm just adding some more little things to do. I want to give players more than just the main objectives to do. This is the fun part for me because there is no real pressure and its mainly fun/cool things I'm making.

Just hold on a little longer guys. You'll be slaying the undead on Alcatraz once more in no time.  ;)
We look forward :)
And if one day you have the strength and the courage to make us "Jigsaw 2", you will make happy: D

In any case, thank you for this future map "Alcatraz", without people like you we would not know what to play :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
We look forward :)
And if one day you have the strength and the courage to make us "Jigsaw 2", you will make happy: D

In any case, thank you for this future map "Alcatraz", without people like you we would not know what to play :)

Thanks man! That means a lot. I'm glad you like my work.

Update:
So after lots of testing I received some good feedback. Most all was positive but I did notice people wanting more, which is fine. So I've been working overtime on creating some crazy new side quests and fun Easter egg stuff. That being said I just can't see a "before Christmas release" happening. I know that's what I said but now I'm looking at a release before New Years Eve. I hope I can meet this deadline. Again I'm sorry but I hope you can all understand the craziness of Christmas time.

And since I didn't meet my initial deadline I'll leave a little sneak peak into whats going to be in my Alcatraz map for fun:
Spoiler: click to open...
David Hasselhoff
Date Registered: 31 March 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
sryanbruen's Groups
sryanbruen's Contact & Social Links

Update:
So after lots of testing I received some good feedback. Most all was positive but I did notice people wanting more, which is fine. So I've been working overtime on creating some crazy new side quests and fun Easter egg stuff. That being said I just can't see a "before Christmas release" happening. I know that's what I said but now I'm looking at a release before New Years Eve. I hope I can meet this deadline. Again I'm sorry but I hope you can all understand the craziness of Christmas time.

And since I didn't meet my initial deadline I'll leave a little sneak peak into whats going to be in my Alcatraz map for fun:
Spoiler: click to open...
David Hasselhoff

Oh I understand very well though you're killing me at this stage with the hype  ;D.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Another little peek:

Date Registered: 30 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Leonkrog's Groups
Leonkrog's Contact & Social Linkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Hi i have a request just if you do want to though :D it would be awesome if this had some intro cinematic sound like something explaining a bit of the storyline like in Kino der toten with richtofen ;D just here its with one of your new characters :D just something i hope you would consider and also if you do want to but think it will make the map take longer time i just mean as a later update or something not from the beginning :D where you can make us think for our selves what the storyline could be and we have our theory and then at some point have your update featuring a cinematic sound in the loading screen :D  :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Hi i have a request just if you do want to though :D it would be awesome if this had some intro cinematic sound like something explaining a bit of the storyline like in Kino der toten with richtofen ;D just here its with one of your new characters :D just something i hope you would consider and also if you do want to but think it will make the map take longer time i just mean as a later update or something not from the beginning :D where you can make us think for our selves what the storyline could be and we have our theory and then at some point have your update featuring a cinematic sound in the loading screen :D  :)

That's a good idea! I can add something like that real quick. I do need to have a little explanation at the beginning for the majority of people who don't read the story part on the original post lol (i do it too hahahaha)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
sryanbruen's Groups
Hey guys! Quick update. I have done so much work on the map and have been testing it lately. Solo works perfect. Coop had some issues but I got all of them but one fixed. To be honest I'm feeling really burnt out on the map. I want it to be amazing but at the same time I'm ready to be finished. I've been working on this map on and off for years. That's right I said "YEARS" lol. So no matter what this map will be released before Christmas:nyan:

Also I'm going to add some new polls above so check them out and give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Whippy

;)
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
;)

Update:

;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
sryanbruen's Groups

Loading ...