Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've updated you all on my progress so I thought I'd let you know where I stand. I am 95% done with the map. The mapping is 99% done with only minor fixes and stuff left. The story is written but still being implemented/scripted so it's at about 85%. Good thing is that it's almost fully playable so I will be testing it out with some close friends soon to work out any game-breaking bugs and glitches.  :D

I do also need the communities feedback and help on buildables though. I'm making the origins style buildables but I don't know a good way to inform all players what parts have been collected. I know nothing about menu files so all I can think of it making a section on every players hud for the parts to appear as they are collected but I may run into engine limits then. Please give me suggestions and if any scripter who knows about this stuff reads this, please send me a personal message.

Thanks,

WhippyTrout

May be basic, but sometimes a nice simple message on screen saying <player name> has collected the <part name> part for <buildable> just to inform everyone in game that the part has been collected would work fine. Looking forward to this map though!

edit: fixed a grammatical error lol
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Hey I didn't think about that. I'll keep that in mind if the fancy way doesn't work out.  :)  Thanks
Date Registered: 4 January 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
rivadog's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Will yoi be having the MOTD round changing sounds in it and also the samantha voice from origins when you pick up powwrups would be nice also....just suggestions  ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Will yoi be having the MOTD round changing sounds in it and also the samantha voice from origins when you pick up powwrups would be nice also....just suggestions  ;)

I already have the MOTD round changing sounds added in so no worries there.  ;)  I'll probably leave the powerup sounds the same because I'm ready to be finished with the map. So guys just hold on a little longer. I still have testing that needs to be done but It's pretty much done.  ;D
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
rivadog's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I already have the MOTD round changing sounds added in so no worries there.  ;)  I'll probably leave the powerup sounds the same because I'm ready to be finished with the map. So guys just hold on a little longer. I still have testing that needs to be done but It's pretty much done.  ;D

Thats awesome cant wait to play it!! :o
Date Registered: 10 October 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'U 'Avin a Giggle der' M8?'
Signature
Loading Fucks to give....50%
GdayitsVishnu's Groups
GdayitsVishnu's Contact & Social Linksgunitmaynejezzayhayza
this looks dope, i put Alcatraz in my top 3 wonders of the world because of its spooky and dark history, that was perfectly recreated by treyarch in MOTD, if you could steer clear of the futuristic weapons from like BO3 and AW that'd be great, i hate seeing so many good maps like yours that get ruined by all this futuristic weaponry that doesn't fit the scene of the map, you do need the Tommy gun because that's just awesome, the hells retriever and redeemer should be in this map, i think you should lay off on the "plane and any other means of escaping the island" ideas, it would make the map more like we are really trapped there, I'd like to see the golden spork if you somehow manage to find a way to put that in, maybe take what treyarch did and make this map more scary, i really like maps that have a scary feel to them and what better place to go than Alcatraz!  ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
rivadog's Groups
Is this using the ugx 1.1 mod or are you using custom weapons from bo2?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Is this using the ugx 1.1 mod or are you using custom weapons from bo2?

I just updated the topic with more features. No ugx will not be used even though some of the pics may have it in there. I was going to use it but I decided not to. All your questions should hopefully be answered on the main topic.  :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
rivadog's Groups
I just updated the topic with more features. No ugx will not be used even though some of the pics may have it in there. I was going to use it but I decided not to. All your questions should hopefully be answered on the main topic.  :)

Is afterlife mode not in it anymore?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Is afterlife mode not in it anymore?

At the moment no.  :-\  I had sooooo many problems in coop. Like game breaking issues. lol Crazy things were happening.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
rivadog's Groups
At the moment no.  :-\  I had sooooo many problems in coop. Like game breaking issues. lol Crazy things were happening.
Awe man really looking forward to that  :'(
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Sorry man but it was doing crazy stuff. Like zombies running off to random spots instead of chasing players. A random wall would spawn and fly at players and kill them. It was insane the kind of bugs that were happening. Hilarious to test but I think people would rage if I left it in hahahaha. I'll try to see if I can fix it but no guarantee lol
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
rivadog's Groups
Sorry man but it was doing crazy stuff. Like zombies running off to random spots instead of chasing players. A random wall would spawn and fly at players and kill them. It was insane the kind of bugs that were happening. Hilarious to test but I think people would rage if I left it in hahahaha. I'll try to see if I can fix it but no guarantee lol
Hey man no worries.....R.I.P afterlife
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
A random wall would spawn and fly at players and kill them.
i would love to see that lol.
Date Registered: 10 October 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'U 'Avin a Giggle der' M8?'
GdayitsVishnu's Groups
GdayitsVishnu's Contact & Social Linksgunitmaynejezzayhayza
A random wall would spawn and fly at players and kill them.
new zombie boss confirmed??

Loading ...