My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

This is my version of it, there's a random bug that happens where it'll not take your weapon and you'll have an empty hand and the model will keep calling physicslaunch. I just added check for weapon != "none" and haven't tested as I have to go to sleep. Give it a try, I also modified it for GSC calling (for testing) which is why you see self stuff for setmodel, you can remodify that if it doesn't work right (showGun). Probably should modify the cost/weapon start to a KVP thingy, no idea how to do that right now can't check either, night.

Thanks for taking the time to modify my script and show me your thoughts. I like some of the things you have done here, like the checking if the player is down and checking the weapon class for grenade instead of what I did. I might incorporate the weaponclass one. Although I think it would be cool if the player could reach the table when they were down, and then grab the weapon to try to survive, I might add that too. You may be running into the same glitch I did, which is why you will see a bit more giveweapon/takeweapon in my code, to fix that glitch. Or maybe you have introduced a new one. I'll check it out tonight if I get some time.
The kvp could be added in radiant and then perhaps an isdefined(trigs[t].zombie_cost) add to the script, but I feel that is more "map specific" stuff, and I try to stay plain when I release these things so people can take them and make them slightly different for their map, or take them and put them right in their basic map without any/many issues, and follow/understand it. A more advanced mapper can tweak all they want and knows how to edit prefabs and everything.

Edit: There's a lot of problems your code, wrong functions used for sound and players can glitch the amount of ammo you could get.

Back to this... Thanks for the tip on the playsound vs playlocalsound, personally I prefer to play the sound from the player, not to the player, so everyone can hear it. Of course anyone can change that if they want to customize the code, like you did. To each their own.
I'm more concerned about "players can glitch the amount of ammo" part. Did you actually get the ammo to glitch? Is this addressed in your code modification? I have not been able to "glitch the amount of ammo" myself.
Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:22:06 pm by MakeCents
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I didn't notice but you did do the ammo stuff correctly, my bad.
Don't know what I did that caused it but hopefully the weapon != "none" check will fix it.
The sound thing if you want to play from a player, use it on a 3d sound function. PlaySound acts weird with 2D sounds (It plays on everyone).
Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:51:31 pm by DidUknowiPwn
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I didn't notice but you did do the ammo stuff correctly, my bad.
Don't know what I did that caused it but hopefully the weapon != "none" check will fix it.
The sound thing if you want to play from a player, use it on a 3d sound function. PlaySound acts weird with 2D sounds (It plays on everyone).

Cool.
Okay.
Oh, I thought "cha_ching" and "no_cha_ching" were 3D sounds?
Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:25:19 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Cool.
Okay.
Oh, I thought "cha_ching" and "no_cha_ching" were 3D sounds?

3D and 2D sounds are defined in soundalias mostly, check there for the sounds
Date Registered: 9 May 2014
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
GTTClan's Groups
Thanks dude! It's going to be a great addition to my map! :D
You will be credited! :)
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Thanks dude! It's going to be a great addition to my map! :D
You will be credited! :)

Sweet. I just updated to v1.2. Nothing noticeable changed really. I left v1.1 there in case there are any bugs with the new version. Be sure to let me know if you use it so I can check it out in a map.

Double Post Merge: September 30, 2014, 02:45:32 am
3D and 2D sounds are defined in soundalias mostly, check there for the sounds

The following, found in dlc_share, dlc2_share, nazi_zombie_asylum, and nazi_zombie_prototype csv files, means that they are 3D sounds then right?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
cha_ching,SFX\Levels\zombie\buy_generic\buy_generic.wav,,,1,1,250,2500,1,oldest,,,full_vol,,,,4000,,curve2,1,1,,3d,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0.5,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
no_cha_ching,SFX\Levels\zombie\buy_generic\no_cha_ching.wav,,,1,1,250,2500,1,oldest,,,full_vol,,,,4000,,curve2,1,1,,3d,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0.5,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:45:32 am by MakeCents
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
I like this and am thinking about using this. Thanks for tut

Loading ...