My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
Is there a way I can switch to a weapon without playing the current weapon's putaway animation and then not playing the pullout animation of the weapon being switched too? So basically it just looks like the weapons just change immediately, from one idle animation right to the next?
broken avatar :(
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Signature
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
Is there a way I can switch to a weapon without playing the current weapon's putaway animation and then not playing the pullout animation of the weapon being switched too? So basically it just looks like the weapons just change immediately, from one idle animation right to the next?
yeah using "alt weapon" this was done in bo2 for "select fire" you just need alt weapon anims and have it set up correctly in the weapon files (yes this method takes up 2 weapon file slots)
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
but wouldn't this compromise weapons that actually have an alt weapon?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Take weapon, give new weapon, switch to new weapon, switch to other weapon, switch to new weapon.
Code:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player TakeWeapon( "old_weapon");
player GiveWeapon( "new_weapon");
player SwitchToWeapon( "new_weapon" );
wait_network_frame();
player SwitchToWeapon( "other_weapon_in_inventory" );
wait_network_frame();
Not sure if that will work, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
Simply remove the pullout and putaway animations from the weapon file and then set the raisetime/droptime to 0, same thing with the quick/first/empty if used. Pretty much how I replicated CS:GO style of weapons with the weapons always using first raise and no putaway animation.
Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:49:42 pm by Rollonmath42
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
Simply remove the pullout and putaway animations from the weapon file and then set the raisetime/droptime to 0, same thing with the quick/first/empty if used. Pretty much how I replicated CS:GO style of weapons with the weapons always using first raise and no putaway animation.
this would only work if he wanted them to never play the animations, i don't know but i doubt he wants them to never play
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Take weapon, give new weapon, switch to new weapon, switch to other weapon, switch to new weapon.
Code:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player TakeWeapon( "old_weapon");
player GiveWeapon( "new_weapon");
wait_network_frame();
player SwitchToWeapon( "other_weapon_in_inventory" );
wait_network_frame();
Not sure if that will work, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.

hmmmm....

No I mean, I want to be able to do this to any weapon at any time. What I am doing is dive to prone, and basically I have other weapon files setup for the dive animations ( Pullout - d2p in, Idle - d2p loop, Putaway - d2p out ). But when I switch back to the old weapon at the end of the dive, it will play the d2p end animation but then play the pullout animation of the weapon I am switching back to, which destroys the purpose of playing the d2p out animation. I want this animation to be skipped. I know it is possible because I am pretty sure offthewall did it. But does anyone know how or any other ideas for it?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
hmmmm....

No I mean, I want to be able to do this to any weapon at any time. What I am doing is dive to prone, and basically I have other weapon files setup for the dive animations ( Pullout - d2p in, Idle - d2p loop, Putaway - d2p out ). But when I switch back to the old weapon at the end of the dive, it will play the d2p end animation but then play the pullout animation of the weapon I am switching back to, which destroys the purpose of playing the d2p out animation. I want this animation to be skipped. I know it is possible because I am pretty sure offthewall did it. But does anyone know how or any other ideas for it?
only work around i found was by removing the anims from the "empty" pullout putaway slots

then take the ammo away - switch weapon, and then return the ammo - to force it to use the empty anims instead - which are not defined and thus skipped

however this will mess up your guns when they are "normally" out of ammo, unless you use some scripting genius to keep giving a bullet back when appropriate

Beyond that all i can guess is using a nother set of viewhands and gun model and some csc magic

Basically what your thinking of, weve all already been through and come up with various work arounds - but there is no definitive work around

rays idea is interesting and might work, only issue would be if the player only has one gun at the time i guess
Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:33:55 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
only work around i found was by removing the anims from the "empty" pullout putaway slots

then take the ammo away - switch weapon, and then return the ammo - to force it to use the empty anims instead - which are not defined and thus skipped

however this will mess up your guns when they are "normally" out of ammo, unless you use some scripting genius to keep giving a bullet back when appropriate

Beyond that all i can guess is using a nother set of viewhands and gun model and some csc magic

Basically what your thinking of, weve all already been through and come up with various work arounds - but there is no definitive work around

csc magic? what could I do in csc?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
csc magic? what could I do in csc?
i dunno, im guessing. Your the csc guy

Ask redspace, he said he found out some interesting things he could do with viewmodels and forcing animations
Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:34:35 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
i dunno, im guessing. Your the csc guy

Ask redspace, he said he found out some interesting things he could do with viewmodels and forcing animations

yea I know a lot about csc and I am pretty sure there isn't anything you can do in csc with viewmodel animations, which is why I was asking. But yeah I guess I can ask.
Date Registered: 21 June 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Keep Scrolling...
Signature
I Am New Into Mapping And All Of That Kind Of Stuff.I Appreciate Every Help Provided!
LegendHugo's Groups
LegendHugo's Contact & Social LinksHdinis09Hdinis09@hdinis09DonHugo
is this like instant weapon swap?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
is this like instant weapon swap?

Yes that is exactly what I want.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
yea I know a lot about csc and I am pretty sure there isn't anything you can do in csc with viewmodel animations, which is why I was asking. But yeah I guess I can ask.

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8045.0.html

It's good to hear your thoughts on this, I've just been using the GetLocalPlayers() function for localclientnum checks and variables. I've tried to get entities in CSC from GSC and I'm pretty sure it will never work, it seems you can only get an entity in CSC if it's spawned there. A lot can be done with viewmodels in CSC without depending on GSC at all though, maybe just one notify at the start of the game...the notetrack waittill is amazing.
Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:14:00 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
You might be able to forceviewmodelanimation Maybe make another weapon file, just one, and make a reload or fire that is nothing or something like that and force that weapons fire or reload animation on the gun as you switch and see if it cancels the raise out. I've done it before for dual wields but ultimately went with alt weapons per dual wield instead. This is also how I do my random special reload.

Loading ...