Hi guys , I'm wondering if any of you might be able to help on this.1. It's an old game, maybe you can try running it with compatibility mode of windows XP?
World at War zombies (fresh install from CD + manually patched to 1.7 & using the latest LanFixed.exe) crashes on several occassions which can be replicated nearly 100% of the time.
Here are the areas in which it crashes:
1) When a game finishes and the party returns to lobby, launching a new match causes a full crash for the host (no matter who is hosting) & disconnects for the others. To get around this we have found that leaving the lobby and making a new one will avoid the crash but this is certainly not something that should be happening. This occurs on both the standard maps and the modded ones, there is no map for which this does not happen. Does anyone have a fix / solution?
2) When a match ends, sometimes the game crashes for the host before returning to lobby, this does not happen all of the time.
3) Some of the modded maps work on single player but hosting a lan lobby shows no custom menu, instead showing Semper Fi. Launching most of these games results in a crash for everyone, though there are exceptions.
Does anyone have a solution to avoid these crashes? My friends and I are enjoying playing Zombies during the lockdown but there are a lot of hoops we've had to jump through to get things working.
The lan service we are using is RadminVPN. I do not believe it is related to the LanService but at the same time I don't remember these issues when Tunngle was around.
2. I had that problem too and it's hard to say what is causing that crash. You can try answer 1?
3. You need to change the map to the mod map, Semper Fi is not supported and will crash the game because it can't handle the mod.