My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
So I finally broke down and ended up buying an Xbox One. Im actually surprised at what a nice machine it is. The graphics are beautiful. I hate to say it but they are better looking than the ones on my alienware x51. I am just wondering if anyone else has purchased one and what your thoughts are on the machine. Dont get me wrong, Im still a PC guy. It almost feels like im cheating on my PC with a console :o
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
The Xbox One is a joke in my opinion. There is no way in hell its going to last another 10 years before they release a new console. Even now some games are running at 720p with below 60FPS which is absolutely pothetic considering the Xbox360 did all of that without any real issue.

Honestly i think you should have used the money on the Xbox one to upgrade your computer. Its just more worthwhile in the end.
Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:47:10 pm by daedra descent
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Absolutely agree, but I prefer a controller over a keyboard a million to 1. The Xbox One is not great, neither the Kinect 2.Bullshit. People use it for being with their friends, but PC is still the best option because you can make it how you want and can afford. The price of the Xbox One and PS4 combined would make a rather nice PC setup. Also, if you work around it, you can actually use that POS Kinect as a camera. The accessories for the Xbox One are better than the device itself. Xbox One can do everything else great besides its main purpose: game. The design is ugly as hell, too, but I wouldn't say most PCs are much better unless custom made.
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
Well considering that I have the x51 top tier pc with i7 and my card is nvidea 680 so I can run most new games on max settings with good fps. Also I have looked into upgrading it to the new nvidea titan 770 I think it is and because of the x51 being so compact, there really isnt enough room for upgrades. Im not saying that its impossible but finding the right person to do it is slim considering where I live. The system is not really a pos like u might think. I can remember everyone saying the same thing about the ps3 and xbox 360. Its all about experiance with the hardware and pushing it to its limits and I think there might be some good things in the future for it. Look at GTA V for example, im sure game devs probably thought a game of that stature could ever be done on a console. Anyway I didnt post this thread to get into which is better console or pc because pc is obviously better because of modding pc will always be superior in my book. I just posted  to see if there was anyone else that maybe bought one and what they thought. Plus there was a few games I wanted to play like Dead Rising 3, Ryse son of rome and Forza 5
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I have a hard time calling the Xbox One and PS4 "gaming consoles" to begin with. Every other console that i can think of had sometype of exotic hardware & design that made the console stand out. But the PS4 and Xbox One just look like VCR boxes(more so the Xbox One than PS4), and their hardware are something that you could buy at Ebay or Amazon.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I have a hard time calling the Xbox One and PS4 "gaming consoles" to begin with. Every other console that i can think of had sometype of exotic hardware & design that made the console stand out. But the PS4 and Xbox One just look like VCR boxes(more so the Xbox One than PS4), and their hardware are something that you could buy at Ebay or Amazon.
eh, the PS4 looks like a DVD player... :lol:
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
I'm not buying the Xbox One right now because imo there really aren't that many good games for it.

The Halo Collection looks really nice, but buying an Xbox One just for that game seems pointless if you ask me.

Same thing goes for the PS4.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I'm not buying the Xbox One right now because imo there really aren't that many good games for it.

The Halo Collection looks really nice, but buying an Xbox One just for that game seems pointless if you ask me.

Same thing goes for the PS4.
Games worth getting IMO, Titanfall, Destiny, MC Collection, GTA 5 (One Edition), Next Trayarch game (If its good, and has promising new zombies!)... ;)
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
I went ahead and bought it for Ryse Son of Rome, Forza and Dead Rising 3. I also bought Titanfall. Now I am kicking my self in the arse for doing this because Ryse was a very nice game showing what the one could do graphically but it never felt like I was doing anything other than trying to get done with the story so I could trade it in so I would not be out 60 bones. Now Dead Rising is coming to pc and another reason I wish I had waited was because I really expected Titanfall to be the game that was going to turn it around for me but  after playing the pc version the graphics were not all that great. I have a computer that will run most games on ultra with great fps so I dont think that anything for the console is going to impress me graphically. Looking back I should have took the money and bought another gpu to add to my setup because I really dont think I can ever go back to console gaming. Just something about playing with mouse and keyboard versus controller. Oh and Forza is an amazing game btw
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
below 60FPS
that is set by the developers not the console. there is going to be 60 fps games comming out soon
Date Registered: 13 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
Treyarch u got nothin on UGX.
MistaC4's Groups
MistaC4's Contact & Social Linksmistac4mistac4MistaC4CrazzyGuitarPlayer
that is set by the developers not the console. there is going to be 60 fps games comming out soon
We blame Bungie for this....

Loading ...