## A mod by John_Banana
This mod, only for Der Riese, is the first part in a 'remastered patch' for all four WaW zombie maps. The other maps will eventually come later if this version releases smoothly & there are no issues! The aim of this mod is to fix bugs, consistency errors, and add some new quality-of-life features inspired by Black Ops 1, without overhauling the maps, making them feel foreign, or ruining their intended gameplay.
I hope you all can enjoy this mod and hopefully use it the next time you feel like playing the WaW zombies! Read below for the full list of changes.
Note: Due to the nature of WaW modding, it was easier to make each map have their own mod file. When they are all finished, you will be able install whichever ones you want, simply launch the desired map in your mods list, and then press play on the menu. This works in co-op as well, just make sure all players have the same version of the mod launched!
-> nazi_zombie_remastered_dlc3 (for Der Riese)
& possibly to come:
-> nazi_zombie_remastered_dlc2 (for Shi No Numa)
-> nazi_zombie_remastered_dlc1 (for Verruckt)
-> nazi_zombie_remastered (for Nacht Der Untoten)
* cristian_m - Additional scripts & helping me learn some modding tricks
* psulions45 - Additional scripts
* ege115 - Walking animation script
* Clippy95 - HD perk & powerup icons
* Thank you to the UGX WaW Discord members for helping me along the way
* Inspired by JBleezy's Black Ops 1 Reimagined mod
## Change Notes for Der Riese ONLY
## General Changes & Improvements
* Wunderwaffe-Jugg glitch fixed
* Player spawns as a random character on solo, with accurate playerhands for the 4 heroes:
-Dempsey: Marine hands with rolled up sleeves (Unedited, from campaign)
-Nikolai: Russian jacket sleeves with yellowish-tan colorization and added blood splatters
-Takeo: Japanese jacket sleeves edited to be bluish-grey
-Richtofen: German sleeves & gloves, American Black Cats pilot hands edited to be black gloves/tan sleeves
* FOV is set to 80 by default (Going full 90 makes a lot of the reloading animations look weird, so I chose 80 as a good middle ground)
* Buffed bleedout time from 30 seconds to 45 seconds
* Buffed electric traps from 25 seconds to a nice & round 30 seconds
* Holding weapon while moving animation: Removed the weapon just lowering, they now sway, which makes it look better
* All 3 Easter Egg song jars play the SFX properly when pressed
* Updated 'mission intro' in bottom left corner to also include the date, I will also make sure to have all 4 maps completely uniform in this info (Showing both the location & date according to the zombie storyline)
* Slightly increased Easter Egg song volume
## Loadout & Weapons Changes
* Scrapped weapon: Scoped Mosin Nagant added to the Mystery Box. Upgraded variant with my own custom name & stats based on a mixture of the upgraded Kar98k & PTRS.
* Scrapped weapon: Sawed-Off Double-Barrel added to the Mystery Box. Upgraded variant was already created by Treyarch.
* Removed "w/ Grip" from the Sawed-Off Shotgun name because it doesn't look like it has a grip, plus in MP you can only choose one or the other of these attachments, not both.
* Wunderwaffe now kills 12 zombies in one chain (Not 10), and when upgraded, it kills 24 (with a faster spread)
* Knife lunging is less common (but still happens if you are far away from a zombie)
* Molotov Cocktails recieved a substantial buff so they can actually damage zombies more.
* Flamethrower ADS works now when your controls are set to toggle ADS, like in Campaign & Multiplayer
* When holding the Kar98k, the Bowie Knife is no longer silent.
## HUD Improvements
* American Mk2 grenade icon replaced with the actual Steilhandgranate icon
* Monkey bomb icon tweaked to fit other WaW HUD art better
* HD perk & powerup icons
* Scoreboard added to solo (T4M feature)
## Perks & Powerups
* Double Tap now increases bullet damage by 1.5x (Similar to Double Tap 2.0, but not quite as OP)
* Quick Revive works on solo: you get 3 lives with it & can use the upgraded Colt while down
* Carpenters/Nukes are now effected by an active Double Points
* For ease of access, solo play button added to the main menu for whichever map is loaded. This also makes it so you don't start the wrong map on accident, which would not work.
* Entirely new 'Game Options' in settings menu, including: FOV settings, FPS settings, controller support settings, and special settings like the ability to disable knife lunging, etc.
Main Current Issues:
- Bouncing Betties do not deal any damage.
- When going into my new game options/graphics settings ingame, the pause menu will have a completely transparent background. Everything still works, but for some reason it just looks like that.
- Co-op only dogs issue (Universal WaW bug that people still haven't fixed I've checked UGX): Dogs running animation not working for non-host players.
Needs co-op testing:
-Bleed out time buffed from 30 seconds to 45 seconds
-Game options if do they work or not enough dev privileges, if not its okay
In summary, this all I have left:
-Fix bouncing betties not doing damage
-Fix game options missing background
-Fix dogs missing anim
-Because of solo-random character, Dempsey can sometimes be heard even when he's not in game, responding to other player actions (getting headshots)
-Richtofen gloves could still be better, but not the end of the world.
-Max ammo does not effect Flamethrower
And a few more planned features:
-Add Radio #5 which was only found on the mobile version of Der Riese
-Make max ammos reset the flamethrower cooldown
Playerhand Preview (It has since been updated for Nikolai to be more accurate)