Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I am trying to add some custom weapon sounds to my map to spruce things up a bit. This is like my third attempt at doing this and yet I have failed again! Here is my procedure:

1. Put .wav sound in root/mpas/MAPNAME/sound folder.
2. Put .wav sound in sound_asset/raw/sound folder
3. Created a new sound-alias for my weapon by copying the line from the colt sound-alias and renaming the sound name to the name of my sound.
4. Put sound,SOUNDNAME,,all_sp in mod builder
5. Checked off my sound in the mod builder.
6. Added the name of my fire-sound in the weapon file.
7. Checked off only Build mod .ff Fastfile and Build Sounds in mod builder.
8. Clicked on Build Mod

After doing this i get this in the consile:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
---------------------------
Errors

FILES: 18323
UPDATED: 4
ERRORS: 20575
----------------------------
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\mod.csv
     to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\zone_source\mod.csv

Then I remembered what ZK said in one of his tutorials "If its higher than 8 you should be ok" but i only got 4 updates and also my sound did not get placed in raw/sounds!

WHAT DID I SCREW UP THIS TIME!

Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:35:21 pm by MZslayer11
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Then I remembered what ZK said

WHAT DID I SCREW UP THIS TIME!
Enough said?

My suggestion is too look up a tutorial on custom main menu music. That's how I started figuring out sounds. And I don't mean a zk tutorial.
Then keep this stuff in mind as well that sajeone told me via pm because I was having sound issues due to every sound tutorial I've read being incomplete.
Well, this isn't really a big issue but first I'll let you know I've found out a while ago that it isn't required to use unsigned 8-bit PCM as your format and actually just degrades the quality of the sound. I set my sounds to signed 16-bit PCM which gives them better quality while still having compatibility with COD5.

Here's a list of things to check:

1. Did you set the project rate to 44100hz?
2. Did you set the track rate to 44100hz?
3. Did you set the sample format to 32bit float?
4. Did you clear tags?

You have already done most of those but the sample rate and track rate are still important.

Here's an image of my export settings if needed:
Spoiler: click to open...
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Enough said?

My suggestion is too look up a tutorial on custom main menu music. That's how I started figuring out sounds. And I don't mean a zk tutorial.
Then keep this stuff in mind as well that sajeone told me via pm because I was having sound issues due to every sound tutorial I've read being incomplete.

Ok so i followed your tut on Zombie Modding for main menu music exactly and its doing the same thing as the firesound! I made sure that all the settings were correct and everything was in the right place but till it didn't work!
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Are you making your own soundalias? If you are I suggest just backing up weapons.csv and then adding your gun sound into it. It will already include every sound in there so you won't have to do any of the sound,sp blah blah blah.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Are you making your own soundalias? If you are I suggest just backing up weapons.csv and then adding your gun sound into it. It will already include every sound in there so you won't have to do any of the sound,sp blah blah blah.

I tried doing that too. Still isn't working. FRUSTRATION!!!

Double Post Merge: August 22, 2014, 12:20:12 am
is there another way to convert sounds for WaW?
Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:20:12 am by MZslayer11
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I tried doing that too. Still isn't working. FRUSTRATION!!!

Double Post Merge: August 22, 2014, 12:20:12 am
is there another way to convert sounds for WaW?
You don't have to convert weapon sounds for them to work. I never convert them and they work just fine for me.

Lukkie1998
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
You don't have to convert weapon sounds for them to work. I never convert them and they work just fine for me.

Lukkie1998

so would i just put my firesound in my mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\sounds folder?
[UGX] Developer
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
so would i just put my firesound in my mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\sounds folder?
I just put it in COD5ROOT\raw\sound\weapons\WEAPON_NAME\. Then create a soundalias and add the soundalias to your mod.csv, matching this template: sound,"SOUNDALIASNAME",,all_sp
I don't copy the sounds into my mods folder, takes up too much space :D (not needed too).

Lukkie1998
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
I just put it in COD5ROOT\raw\sound\weapons\WEAPON_NAME\. Then create a soundalias and add the soundalias to your mod.csv, matching this template: sound,"SOUNDALIASNAME",,all_sp
I don't copy the sounds into my mods folder, takes up too much space :D (not needed too).

Lukkie1998
are you sure that you don't need to include the sound, 'cause it might play for you since you have the files in your mod tools, but someone else who tries to play your map won't. I don't believe that the compiler puts the sounds into the fast files.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups

Lukkie1998

Ok thanks i will try that. Would i just copy any line from weapons.csv soundalias and change the sound name and the file location to match my sound or is there some other way that works better?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
are you sure that you don't need to include the sound, 'cause it might play for you since you have the files in your mod tools, but someone else who tries to play your map won't. I don't believe that the compiler puts the sounds into the fast files.

It does.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Well... 3 days of my time wasted trying to do this and still no success. Either im an idiot or something is wrong with my launcher.
[UGX] Developer
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
As long as you put the soundalias line (see below) in your mod.csv, it will be loaded in your mod.ff.
Put this in the mod.csv:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,SOUNDALIASNAME,,all_sp

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Dont feel bad, I spent 12 hours tryong to get the reload sound for my raygun mk2 o play with no success (even set the note track in my anims...)

Marked as best answer by MZslayer11 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
I finally got my sounds to work! After much frustration, i simply commented out a ton of unused sounds in weapons.csv and all my sounds started working! Thanks to all of you that gave me halp and advice ;)

Loading ...