UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Modding => Topic started by: MZslayer11 on August 21, 2014, 08:34:04 pm

Title: Custom Weapon Sounds
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 21, 2014, 08:34:04 pm
I am trying to add some custom weapon sounds to my map to spruce things up a bit. This is like my third attempt at doing this and yet I have failed again! Here is my procedure:

1. Put .wav sound in root/mpas/MAPNAME/sound folder.
2. Put .wav sound in sound_asset/raw/sound folder
3. Created a new sound-alias for my weapon by copying the line from the colt sound-alias and renaming the sound name to the name of my sound.
4. Put sound,SOUNDNAME,,all_sp in mod builder
5. Checked off my sound in the mod builder.
6. Added the name of my fire-sound in the weapon file.
7. Checked off only Build mod .ff Fastfile and Build Sounds in mod builder.
8. Clicked on Build Mod

After doing this i get this in the consile:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
---------------------------
Errors

FILES: 18323
UPDATED: 4
ERRORS: 20575
----------------------------
Copying  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\mod.csv
     to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\zone_source\mod.csv

Then I remembered what ZK said in one of his tutorials "If its higher than 8 you should be ok" but i only got 4 updates and also my sound did not get placed in raw/sounds!

WHAT DID I SCREW UP THIS TIME!

Title: Re: Custom Weapon Sounds
Post by: ConvictioNDR on August 21, 2014, 09:39:27 pm
Then I remembered what ZK said

WHAT DID I SCREW UP THIS TIME!
Enough said?

My suggestion is too look up a tutorial on custom main menu music. That's how I started figuring out sounds. And I don't mean a zk tutorial.
Then keep this stuff in mind as well that sajeone told me via pm because I was having sound issues due to every sound tutorial I've read being incomplete.
Well, this isn't really a big issue but first I'll let you know I've found out a while ago that it isn't required to use unsigned 8-bit PCM as your format and actually just degrades the quality of the sound. I set my sounds to signed 16-bit PCM which gives them better quality while still having compatibility with COD5.

Here's a list of things to check:

1. Did you set the project rate to 44100hz?
2. Did you set the track rate to 44100hz?
3. Did you set the sample format to 32bit float?
4. Did you clear tags?

You have already done most of those but the sample rate and track rate are still important.

Here's an image of my export settings if needed:
Spoiler: click to open...
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F7GOdktJ.png&hash=e50f1b4b760d00d5ad2775f9bf2f4d097290e541)
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 21, 2014, 10:59:36 pm
Enough said?

My suggestion is too look up a tutorial on custom main menu music. That's how I started figuring out sounds. And I don't mean a zk tutorial.
Then keep this stuff in mind as well that sajeone told me via pm because I was having sound issues due to every sound tutorial I've read being incomplete.

Ok so i followed your tut on Zombie Modding for main menu music exactly and its doing the same thing as the firesound! I made sure that all the settings were correct and everything was in the right place but till it didn't work!
Post by: ConvictioNDR on August 21, 2014, 11:17:13 pm
Are you making your own soundalias? If you are I suggest just backing up weapons.csv and then adding your gun sound into it. It will already include every sound in there so you won't have to do any of the sound,sp blah blah blah.
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 22, 2014, 12:18:51 am
Are you making your own soundalias? If you are I suggest just backing up weapons.csv and then adding your gun sound into it. It will already include every sound in there so you won't have to do any of the sound,sp blah blah blah.

I tried doing that too. Still isn't working. FRUSTRATION!!!

Double Post Merge: August 22, 2014, 12:20:12 am
is there another way to convert sounds for WaW?
Post by: Lukkie1998 on August 22, 2014, 04:45:33 pm
I tried doing that too. Still isn't working. FRUSTRATION!!!

Double Post Merge: August 22, 2014, 12:20:12 am
is there another way to convert sounds for WaW?
You don't have to convert weapon sounds for them to work. I never convert them and they work just fine for me.

Lukkie1998
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 22, 2014, 05:06:53 pm
You don't have to convert weapon sounds for them to work. I never convert them and they work just fine for me.

Lukkie1998

so would i just put my firesound in my mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\sounds folder?
Post by: Lukkie1998 on August 22, 2014, 06:58:17 pm
so would i just put my firesound in my mods\nazi_zombie_MAPNAME\sounds folder?
I just put it in COD5ROOT\raw\sound\weapons\WEAPON_NAME\. Then create a soundalias and add the soundalias to your mod.csv, matching this template: sound,"SOUNDALIASNAME",,all_sp
I don't copy the sounds into my mods folder, takes up too much space :D (not needed too).

Lukkie1998
Post by: JBird632 on August 22, 2014, 08:13:14 pm
I just put it in COD5ROOT\raw\sound\weapons\WEAPON_NAME\. Then create a soundalias and add the soundalias to your mod.csv, matching this template: sound,"SOUNDALIASNAME",,all_sp
I don't copy the sounds into my mods folder, takes up too much space :D (not needed too).

Lukkie1998
are you sure that you don't need to include the sound, 'cause it might play for you since you have the files in your mod tools, but someone else who tries to play your map won't. I don't believe that the compiler puts the sounds into the fast files.
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 22, 2014, 08:16:18 pm

Lukkie1998

Ok thanks i will try that. Would i just copy any line from weapons.csv soundalias and change the sound name and the file location to match my sound or is there some other way that works better?
Post by: steviewonder87 on August 22, 2014, 08:54:23 pm
are you sure that you don't need to include the sound, 'cause it might play for you since you have the files in your mod tools, but someone else who tries to play your map won't. I don't believe that the compiler puts the sounds into the fast files.

It does.
Post by: MZslayer11 on August 23, 2014, 03:25:12 pm
Well... 3 days of my time wasted trying to do this and still no success. Either im an idiot or something is wrong with my launcher.
Post by: Lukkie1998 on August 26, 2014, 09:22:30 am
As long as you put the soundalias line (see below) in your mod.csv, it will be loaded in your mod.ff.
Put this in the mod.csv:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,SOUNDALIASNAME,,all_sp

Lukkie1998
Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 15, 2014, 08:54:40 pm
Dont feel bad, I spent 12 hours tryong to get the reload sound for my raygun mk2 o play with no success (even set the note track in my anims...)

Post by: MZslayer11 on September 15, 2014, 09:09:30 pm
I finally got my sounds to work! After much frustration, i simply commented out a ton of unused sounds in weapons.csv and all my sounds started working! Thanks to all of you that gave me halp and advice ;)
Post by: Harry Bo21 on September 16, 2014, 04:03:24 am
hmm... Ima try that when I get home, cheers for posting your solution (mark yourself as the best answer)