or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - nabaro

How do I make it that if the player has downed since the loop started, then the loop breaks?
10 years ago
These are the lines that I use to turn it off:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
jug_trig = getEnt("specialty_armorvest", "script_noteworthy");
jug_trig disable_trigger();
jug_machine = getEnt("vending_jug", "targetname");
jug_machine setmodel("zombie_vending_jugg");

The trigger correctly disables, but the machine does not change its model back to its "off" state. Why is that so? Thanks in advance!
10 years ago
I just realized that my player will have to be touching a pad, meaning that he won't be able to reach any other guns anyways. Thanks for trying to help though!
10 years ago
How do I make it so that a player can't pick up any "new weapons" (wall, box, etc.)?

EDIT: Also, in the
Code Snippet
Plaintext
waittill()
function, which statement corresponds to which in-game event: "fake_death", "death", and "player_downed" to downing, bleeding out, and being revived?
10 years ago
add this function to the script:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
lose_cherry()
{
self waittill_any( "fake_death", "death", "player_downed" );

self UnsetPerk( "specialty_fireproof" );
}

be sure to thread it somewhere in your script where appropriate!

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 08:05:56 pm
Oh, one more thing: you also need to delete the shader, so add this line to the function:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
self cherry_shader destroy();

Replace cherry_shader with the name of your shader.
10 years ago
Yep, was planning to  :P
10 years ago
Hey thanks bro! And yeah, I did start out trying to make the Origins style generators, but I eventually shifted into this. When I reveal my map I'll most definitely give you credit for this!
10 years ago
Yes, the wait works and the script works perfectly with the colt! However, the game still does not recognize the turret as a weapon (when holding the turret the game froze for a second and then printed that I was holding a zombie_colt. Are there any possible workarounds? Regardless, I want to take this opportunity to thank you fine gentlemen for your spectacular help and support!
10 years ago
Well, with players[0] it still says "player has none". Yeah, I will make this work for all players or perhaps make it work for a player who does something special, but as of now I am only testing it for solo play.
10 years ago
It prints "player has none", leading me to believe that there is something wrong with the variable player. I will try replacing player with players[0].
10 years ago
It prints "0", so I guess that it is false (1 being true).
10 years ago
The flag wait has eliminated jug turning on within 10 seconds of spawning in, but now jug will not turn on even if the conditions are met! For example, jug never turns on while firing in this script:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_zone_manager;
#include maps\_music;

main()
{
flag_wait( "all_players_connected" );
players = get_players();
player = players[0];
activator = 0;
while(activator < 200)
{
if(player IsFiring() == true)
{
wait(0.05);
activator = activator + 1;
}
}
level notify("juggernog_on");
}

and jug never turns on while having the colt (the starting weapon) in this script:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_zone_manager;
#include maps\_music;

main()
{
flag_wait( "all_players_connected" );
players = get_players();
player = players[0];
activator = 0;
while(activator < 200)
{
if(player HasWeapon("zombie_colt"))
{
wait(0.05);
activator = activator + 1;
}
}
level notify("juggernog_on");
}
10 years ago
Er... I don't think that if statement check out of the loop is necessary because obviously the condition would be fulfilled for the loop to break in the first place. Also, the flag_wait is helping, I will do a little bit more testing and then come back to y'all with my results.
10 years ago
Well, I believe you are right. I tried the if statement with only the weapon check and jug turned on without me doing anything. However, when I made the if statement with only the isfiring check, jug still turned on with me doing anything, leading me to believe that there is a problem with both statements.
10 years ago
Loading ...