UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

What would it take to port Electric Cherry?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 11 years ago
by BioAftermath
Date Registered: 8 July 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
I know that you have answered the "Will you be porting Electric Cherry?" before and I understand your reason. But, just curious, what would it take for UGX to port EC? I know that the community response isn't nearly high enough for you to spend your time adding in EC, but a decent number of people have asked for it and I would like to say that I am one of them. Maybe you could add the ability to not take damage to electric traps as well. I would like it in my map (and so would lots of other people would to) and I feel as though UGX is the only cable able team that can port the perk and when you use it it doesn't feel like some bootleg version of it. If you could add EC to UGX 1.1 it would be a very small part of the icing of a GLORIOUS cake filled with creativity, talent, and hard work. I know that you're probably tired of small annoying questions like these and I know that you are probably going to say no, but at least it was worth a try. Thank you for ALL of the hard work and I can't wait for UGX 1.1!
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:24:22 am by BioAftermath
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
It really isn't a hard thing to add - it's merely the principle that we don't want to see that perk (or Vulture Aid) in our mod. I've been watching MOTD gameplay videos on YouTube for the last few months for research on porting things like the Hell's Retriever and I can say with certainty that having Electric Cherry fill the screen with an electric effect every time it's activated is annoying as hell. I also believe that the effect of the perk is cheap. Timing your reload is a key aspect of survival in zombiemode - automatic killing/delaying of every close-by zombie while you reload completely eliminates that aspect and basically allows you to reload whenever you want without caring about being gang-raped in the process.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Ok, now I really see your point. I'm hoping that the new perk and wonder weapon for Origins will be good enough to port and maybe even power ups or the new starting pistol can replace the M9 in UGX. And do you still plan to add the Amm-O-atic perk into 1.1?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Ok, now I really see your point.
Good, I'm glad you agree :)

I'm hoping that the new perk and wonder weapon for Origins will be good enough to port and maybe even power ups or the new starting pistol can replace the M9 in UGX.
We may replace our starting pistol but probably with something more era-appropriate for our mod. If they add any new perks/powerups that aren't OP or useless we will definitely consider adding them if we have time.

And do you still plan to add the Amm-O-atic perk into 1.1?
Yes - and it would be a a vending machine, not a perk.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Thanks for the info and smiles :) I look forward to every Saturday even more now for your videos. I hope we se the Blundergat or the amm-O-matic, and I hope that we see an update video soon that touches up on the RGM2 and the Hells Retriever and show all of the elemental effects! P.S. I (Personally and professionally) think that you should still add Electric Cherry for those who are begging you to put it on their maps. Make 'em :)!
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:10:44 am by BioAftermath
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
i personally never liked electric cherry
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
i personally never liked electric cherry
But a lot of other people do, so you have to take their opinions into consideration.

Post Merge: August 12, 2013, 09:28:42 am
It really isn't a hard thing to add - it's merely the principle that we don't want to see that perk (or Vulture Aid) in our mod.
So, I really see you point, but, I know that a lot of people do want to see this perk in their maps and I want to ask you again, are you going to add this perk into your mod for the people who do want it, no matter who gay it is?
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:29:47 am by BioAftermath
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
I haven't seen many people asking for it, personally i also find the perk boring and pointless if there was a huge number of people wanting it then sure would consider it as we always do, But you seem to be the only one who really cares about it.
Date Registered: 26 May 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Ty123h's Groups
Ty123h's Contact & Social Links
Personally, I love the perk, one of my favorites!
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
personally i love electric cherry. its my favorite new perk in black ops 2. but if you guys dont decide to port it then i totally understand
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
AFAIK the electric cherry usage is limited to few times a round. And for replacing starting pistol. I just replaced in my map WaW M1911 with BO one with silencer, night sights and extended mags and I must say it really fit the modern era.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
I haven't seen many people asking for it, personally i also find the perk boring and pointless if there was a huge number of people wanting it then sure would consider it as we always do, But you seem to be the only one who really cares about it.
There is a good amount of people out there who want it in their map and I do too (although I see it as one of those perks that you buy when you have money and you're trying to get COMPLETELY set), but it's still a perk with SOME use, unlike Vulture Aid.
Date Registered: 2 May 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Hi.
90Dboy's Groups
90Dboy's Contact & Social Links
but it's still a perk with SOME use, unlike Vulture Aid.
Vulture Aid has it's good uses, unlike EC. Also, the UGX team really shouldn't delay the launch by adding more perks.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:54:43 pm by 90Dboy
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Vulture Aid has it's good uses, unlike EC.
What good uses does Vulture Aid have that doesn't involve not being seen by zombies or seeing all of the things the you could buy, or even barely replenish ammo? EC helped avoid some pretty gay deaths on MOTD because of how close quarters it is, or when I get trapped between zombies.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:50:58 pm by BioAftermath
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
EC helped aviod some pretty gay deaths on MOTD because of how close quarters it is, or when I get trapped between zombies.
I am sorry BioAftermath, but I am going to have to issue you a citation for your use of a derogatory and offensive slang term. Not every death is homosexual in nature nor does every gay person's life choice result in their death as it appeared you were implying. Five citations, and you're looking at a violation. Four of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that will land you in a world of hurt, in the form of a disciplinary review, written up by me, and placed on the desk of my immediate superior.

Loading ...