Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Let's all just light up a blunt, and make stuff.
AlecKeaneDUB's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
AlecKeaneDUB's Contact & Social LinksaleckeanedubAlecKeaneDUBAlecKeaneDUB
If I have multiple zones with the same name, all adjacent to each other, will they act as ONE zone? Will selecting all of them and pressing 'W' connect them as one zone? How might I go about that being that my map doesn't have zones that can just be covered with a single volume? I apologize if this is a stupid question but I haven't really grasped the whole zone concept yet. I am getting better though but just need and answer to this.

Thanks! :D
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 21 September 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Let's all just light up a blunt, and make stuff.
AlecKeaneDUB's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
AlecKeaneDUB's Contact & Social LinksaleckeanedubAlecKeaneDUBAlecKeaneDUB
Multiple zones with the same kvps will act as one zone. Your first statement is correct.
Thanks! Just watched one of your zoning tuts on Youtube like an hour ago aswell, really helped me understand them better. Thanks again man! +1 ;)
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Just a heads up, I was told that only the starting zone works with multiple entities, so if you must break up a zone into pieces, then use the cut function on that zone, and retexture it after, to create more pieces of that entity, to be safe if that is true. If this is false, let me know, I've just always used cut.
Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:39:23 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Just a heads up, I was told that only the starting zone works with multiple entities, so if you must break up a zone into pieces, then use the cut function on that zone, and retexture it after, to create more pieces of that entity, to be safe if that is true. If this is false, let me know, I've just always used cut.

False, I have always copied the zone volume and pasted it around. If you use cut on the volume, then when one piece has KVP changed, it affects the rest
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
False, I have always copied the zone volume and pasted it around. If you use cut on the volume, then when one piece has KVP changed, it affects the rest

break up a zone into pieces

Lol, yeah. I think you missunderstood or missread what I was saying. I meant for one zone, you don't want to copy and fix kvps to the same thing. For multiple zones copy, yes, but for the same zone, cut. But you bring up a good point, it is better to cut anyway, even if it doesn't cause issues, because it will change all kvps when you change one.

Let me try to further explain:
What I was saying is that you may get issues if you try to copy a zone, other than the start zone, and give it the same kvps. Say if you decide to change an existing zone to another, combining zones basically. This could cause issues/errors... Is what I was told once, that the scripts don't support it on any other zone than the start zone. I didn't look myself, just was told that is all.
Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:26:05 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Lol, yeah. I think you missunderstood or missread what I was saying. I meant for one zone, you don't want to copy and fix kvps to the same thing. For multiple zones copy, yes, but for the same zone, cut. But you bring up a good point, it is better to cut anyway, even if it doesn't cause issues, because it will change all kvps when you change one.

Let me try to further explain:
What I was saying is that you may get issues if you try to copy a zone, other than the start zone, and give it the same kvps. Say if you decide to change an existing zone to another, combining zones basically. This could cause issues/errors... Is what I was told once, that the scripts don't support it on any other zone than the start zone. I didn't look myself, just was told that is all.

Hmmm, alright. Never heard anyone say getting errors like this :P
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hmmm, alright. Never heard anyone say getting errors like this :P

I'm not sure you will, I've never done it, I've always cut. But if it does, it could contribute to the 2 second pause people get when they state all their kvps are correct, but they still have broken zones. It will do that two second pause when getent is used instead of getentarray, when multiple ents of the same kvps exist, which is how "they" said zones are setup after the start zone.

https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10018.msg110566.html#msg110566
Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:46:23 pm by MakeCents

Loading ...