My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
(Image removed from quote.)

Sorry Death, What were you saying about ungrateful selfish children?

What has that got to do with anything? This is a map that has taken well over a year to make, has a spawn area mapped by an actual Treyarch dev and will be released free to all who do not wish to gain access to the beta. So what if Stevie prefers money to the respect of complete strangers he probably does not care about in the slightest. How does that make him a selfish child exactly?

Again, and I cannot stress this enough, no one is forcing anyone to donate. If you don't want to give out a measly $4 to get access to it then wait for it to be released officially and stop complaining.
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 9 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
A New low for UGX seriously is this forum turning into zombie modding?  :please:

You compare pears with apples. Excellent.
Idk how this would turn us into zombie modding - and why do we have to bring zm up anyways?

It's a simple rule - if you don't like it, don't buy / use it.
I'm sure you did this for DLC's / micro transaction bullshit as well.

I understand why people are somehow upset, but it's really selfish to think only about yourself (although thats classic human being)
I think many underestimate the time / work which was put into this by steviewonder87 and UGX ( treminaor and myself )

There are many reasons to go with this approach.
  • A more worthy "thank you" to the creators
  • Feedback from a small audience (fans, etc. who appreciate the work)
  • Testing of our UGX system and UGX Launcher (new features and bugs were fixed through this already!)
  • See how the community reacts, try to explain things and push an open discussion

No one is forced to buy it to play it. It's only for the beta. Soon or later everyone can enjoy this map.
Just stop this useless drama. If you have some valid arguments, go and let us know but simply complaining because you don't want to loose $4 USD is not really a good start.

Oh and btw. it's not just that you get access to the map.
You get also access to the UGX Launcher / UGX Installer which have a development time of over 1 year + you download it from our server which also cost money.
(and you use 99% of UGX contributed work for free, keep that in mind)

Date Registered: 19 March 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
Signature
Bloodsport :- RELEASED -:
-WIP- Cabin Unique :- 75% -:

TheScotchGuy's Groups
TheScotchGuy's Contact & Social LinksTheScotchGuyy
Idk how this would turn us into zombie modding - and why do we have to bring zm up anyways?

I understand why people are somehow upset, but it's really selfish to think only about yourself (although thats classic human being)
I think many underestimate the time / work which was put into this by steviewonder87 and UGX ( treminaor and myself )

• Testing of our UGX system and UGX Launcher (new features and bugs were fixed through this already!)
  • See how the community reacts, try to explain things and push an open discussion

No one is forced to buy it to play it. It's only for the beta. Soon or later everyone can enjoy this map.
Just stop this useless drama. If you have some valid arguments, go and let us know but simply complaining because you don't want to loose $4 USD is not really a good start.

You get also access to the UGX Launcher / UGX Installer which have a development time of over 1 year + you download it from our server which also cost money.

so in this case anyone who spends more than 5 months on a map can get this advantage?
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248

while i agree with those points, the thing that gets me is that i have already donated to ugx, something like 25 dollars, but i would have to donate again to play the maps, $4 isn't really bad, and if i wanted to i would pay it, what worrys me is that this encourages more mappers to do this, and soon we could be forking out $20+ on maps every year, then there comes the problem of friends that dont have the maps cause they dont want to pay so your limited, and i understand that this is just the beta, but this could cause the beta period to extend much longer than necessary due to donations, please note that i am not complaining, i am just voicing my concerns, and will glad;y listen to any response to counter my concerns, thanks
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
so in this case anyone who spends more than 5 months on a map can get this advantage?

I don't see why not. As long as a mapper intends on releasing their map free after the beta stage then there is no reason not to allow mappers the chance. It is down to how appealling the map is though on whether or not people want to actually pay to get early access to it or not.

I cannot see many basic box maps getting much in the way of donations though. lol
Date Registered: 19 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
TheScotchGuy's Groups
TheScotchGuy's Contact & Social LinksTheScotchGuyy
I don't see why not. As long as a mapper intends on releasing their map free after the beta stage then there is no reason not to allow mappers the chance. It is down to how appealling the map is though on whether or not people want to actually pay to get early access to it or not.

I cannot see many basic box maps getting much in the way of donations though. lol
but why should it be a problem if its a box map? shouldnt all peoples skills be taken into consideration?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
but why should it be a problem if its a box map? shouldnt all peoples skills be taken into consideration?
Sure. But I highly doubt anyone would want a box map, so it'd be rather pointless.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 9 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site

we (UGX) are thinking about a couple of ways how a creator can get something back.

The whole mod + money thing is currently widely discussed (steam + paid mods) and we try to find a fair way for both sides.

To answer your question - not now currently. Maybe in the future.
Maybe we stop developing something after this. It's right now totally open.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Anyway while all this is going on....Has anyone got any help as i keep getting this every time i play the map.

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1236/8LNu1W.jpg
I need more information, PM me.
Date Registered: 13 February 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Groups
More
PokeR988's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
PokeR988's Contact & Social Links
When i tried to download it said: "GetActionTitle" all the time, can someone help me? Thank you.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Next person to post an off-topic or irrelevant comment will be getting a strike to their accounts. Take any grievances up with Stevie via PM.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
(Image removed from quote.)
So pay-to-play betas are exceptions to this now?  ???

Admins/site mods? ^^
Date Registered: 19 February 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Nexgen_Star's Groups
Nexgen_Star's Contact & Social LinksNexgen_StarNexgen_StarNexgen_StarNexgen_Star
you should let people who requested access a long time ago have access free of charge
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Admins/site mods? ^^
Project Viking was in the releases section. I don't know what you're going on about.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Project Viking was in the releases section. I don't know what you're going on about.

Nope, its in WIP-section

Loading ...