Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
josemassacre's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
josemassacre's Contact & Social Links
Thought it was illegal to get paid for the maps because all the shit in the map is technically stolen from other companies/games.
Money hungry fucks.
You make me sick.
You think you are that fucking great that you think you deserve to be paid for the effort you put into your map?
Then get a fucking job at treyarch. Now I see why everyone hates on ugx so much.

Double Post Merge: September 02, 2015, 05:12:55 am
And what about all the people you got your assets from? Are they getting compensated? I highly doubt it. And I doubt you did the work all by yourself
Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:12:55 am by josemassacre
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Thought it was illegal to get paid for the maps because all the shit in the map is technically stolen from other companies/games.
Money hungry fucks.
You make me sick.
You think you are that fucking great that you think you deserve to be paid for the effort you put into your map?
Then get a fucking job at treyarch. Now I see why everyone hates on ugx so much.

And what about all the people you got your assets from? Are they getting compensated? I highly doubt it. And I doubt you did the work all by yourself
let me guess, you've never made a highly anticipated map like Oil Rig. I guess you don't think anyone deserves to get paid for their work? you think it's easy to get a job at a AAA game development studio? you're the joke here.

if you don't like the fact that you have to pay to play, then simply don't do it and keep your opinion to yourself. If you don't like it here then no one is making you stay either, and no one here wants to hear you with an attitude like that.
Date Registered: 27 February 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
I like the half of you double so much that you must earn it, or the double!
Cold_banana's Groups
Cold_banana's Contact & Social LinksCold-Bananathekingofmk7
This is a great idea in theory as mappers are supported by the community but I think it may turn out like when bethesda and steam tried to make paid mods for skyrim. It might attract more mappers to make better maps but it also makes other mappers who have made great maps in the past feel like they wasted 100 hours on a map for nothing. Also maps will have insanely long beta processes etc.

Dont get me wrong I would be happy to support this but its not as positive as it may seem for the community

Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:21:12 am by Cold_banana
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
This is a great idea in theory as mappers are supported by the community but I think it may turn out like when bethesda and steam tried to make paid mods for skyrim. It might attract more mappers to make better maps but it also makes other mappers who have made great maps in the past feel like they wasted 100 hours on a map for nothing. Also maps will have insanely long beta processes etc.

Dont get me wrong I would be happy to support this but its not as positive as it may seem for the community
just my opinion
we have no idea what the future holds for paid betas like this, this is mainly a trial to see what happens. we think its a great way for mappers to get paid for their work but its also a lot of work to set up and clearly there are mixed feelings in the community on the subject.
Date Registered: 24 February 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
josemassacre's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
let me guess, you've never made a map. I guess you don't think anyone deserves to get paid for their work? you think it's easy to get a job at a AAA game development studio? you're the joke here.
I've made a map working on another. I've put hours upon hours into this map and the one before but I don't expect anything for it.
All I'm saying is if you or steviefuckingwoder think they are so great that you think you deserve the money your taking
Then you should try your ass off getting a job there because if your as great as you think you are you'll
Get the job. This site is a joke.
We don't get paid because we are stealing shit from people who put their time into making it. That's why I don't think we should be paid.
Want to get paid? MAKE YOUR OWN GAME
Date Registered: 27 February 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Cold_banana's Groups
Cold_banana's Contact & Social LinksCold-Bananathekingofmk7
I suggest that you make a paypal donation link under the name of every mapper so that people are free to donate to whom ever they please
Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:23:24 am by Cold_banana
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
I suggest that you make a paypal donation link under the name of every mapper so that people are free to donate to whom ever they please
I agree. it's a more fair option i think than what is considered "highly anticipated." Don't get me wrong though, it really is a highly anticipated map but there was other highly anticipated maps too. I must be missing something.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I have one question, why? I thought Stevie was all against having an Open BETA?
Date Registered: 7 July 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
monkeyfunky's Groups
Really hope this doesn't become the norm :/
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I've seen plugins like that on forums before and I think theyre a good idea, we may try to add something like this later. Some forums call it "Buy me a coffee/beer" or whatever.

I've made a map working on another. I've put hours upon hours into this map and the one before but I don't expect anything for it.
that's great for you. other people have been here a lot longer and feel differently than you.

This site is a joke.
then leave? otherwise you're just supporting it anyway.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Money hungry fucks.
You make me sick.

well, this is awkward for someone, and that person not being Trem :poker:
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
josemassacre's Groups
I have one question, why? I thought Stevie was all against having an Open BETA?
Because trem offered him money. Duh.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Because trem offered him money. Duh.
uh, no. why the hell would I pay stevie for this? we don't need the map or the site promotion. this was something he wanted to do for us.
Date Registered: 7 July 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
monkeyfunky's Groups
I think if we're already an existing donor we should be able to get the map at a discounted price or have one of our friends be granted the beta upon donating.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
josemassacre's Groups
I've seen plugins like that on forums before and I think theyre a good idea, we may try to add something like this later. Some forums call it "Buy me a coffee/beer" or whatever.
that's great for you. other people have been here a lot longer and feel differently than you.
then leave? otherwise you're just supporting it anyway.
Yet you still avoided the only question that mattered. Are the people getting compensated for all the stuff they gave Stevie for his map? I know he didn't do it all himself. If you are going to pay people pay the right ones.
I used to like this site. Then I saw you guys making people pay for access to requiem. Which again wasn't fair. But I said nothing because you guys made it. Now you are just picking favorites to pay.
Which isn't right or fair and again like i said it probably not even legal.
What about the guys that worked on levithan? They deserve money more than him. Did they get anything for their almost year long masterpiece? Doubt it.

Loading ...