UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

How do you get skybox like this help would be appreciated on how to set it up?

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by A Devious Lobster
Date Registered: 27 November 2014
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
A Devious Lobster's Contact & Social LinksDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLob16A Devious LobsterXDeviousLobsterX
Hello i was just wondering how I would go about making a skybox like this because i like sky boxes horizons in the background so i was wondering if anyone could help me

This is a screenshot of a bo1 sky box but i was wondering if anyone knows how to do this type of sky box with an overlay because im not sure how to do it as i cant find the specified options in assetmanager. I can make standard skyboxs but not this one in particular.

Even though its a bo1 skybox i noticed you can use a skybox in waw that has a background of some sort in the horizon

This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Here is a link to some skyboxes that are included in Cod WaW. I think "skybox_mp_knee" and "skybox_mp_knee" look kind of like what you want.  :D

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Skybox
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
A Devious Lobster's Contact & Social LinksDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLob16A Devious LobsterXDeviousLobsterX
just to reassure you may have gotten the wrong idea of what i meant. I may not of clearly explained what i meant by.
I was wondering how i can make/port a custom sky box like the one in blacks ops or waw which has a background like buildings, hills, stacks, mountains and clouds etc for different skyboxs that i port or make. 

For example the waw skybox has buildings in them and has more than 1 texture applied to the skyboxmodel and it is quite frankly confusing to me and it makes me wonder how you would go about setting it up in assetmanger.

in assetmanger because of how its laid out with the different sorts applied to each material, this can determine how each material is rendered in the specific order in assetmanager, i am wondering how you would set up the options for assetmanager for a skybox like this that has a background like buildings in it. the rendering order is what confuses me the most that includes the different skybox options like skybox / horizon, skybox / clouds etc.

i was not asking how you would apply a skybox in the worldspawn settings. i asked how you would set the appropriate settings in assetmanger and how you would make/port one ?

Last of all the skybox is not made out of a brush so if you assume i meant by drawing decal brushes in the background of the skybox then you have got my intentions wrong completely, i am aware of the texture limit itself that why i asked about the sky box horizon background which is combined within the model itself the skybox has more than one texture in this particular case. setting up the rendering order is the confusing part.
Marked as best answer by Robert 8 years ago
Date Registered: 1 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
vinnyz500's Groups
vinnyz500's Contact & Social Linkspsn_hackedlobbies4uXxMrPotatoxXvinnyz500
their set up as dome skybox textures, as in their pictures when rolled out onto a half sphere look like a dome. I havent personally been able to make one myself but i know there are plugins and such you can use, it takes time to do it properly and fit the cod format. Just google dome skybox, i know there is a program called TerraGen which can do this type of stuff

The sub layers can be seen through WaW skyboxes exported using toms xmodelutils, simply placing the stock one in the map and replacing textures in your images folder with identical names will work for you if you want one with sublayers. Know this from trying to get good looking custom skyboxes but forgot to do it before releasing map

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Build_a_skyboxThis may or may not work with WaW
Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:41:06 pm by vinnyz500
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Date Registered: 1 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
vinnyz500's Groups
vinnyz500's Contact & Social Linkspsn_hackedlobbies4uXxMrPotatoxXvinnyz500
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Thanks very much for the information i will try and give it ago and also thxs for linking me the"Need help making a sky-box topic" that definitely gonna help very much much with the render order of the skybox much appreciated. I will export the waw skybox and experiment on it but thx for helping its much obliged, i will look at the terra gen and understand its process thx for the advice its much appreciated :D

Loading ...