Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I felt like venting so I thought id do it here in a conveniently placed "off-topic" board lol ;)

So, I admin a facebook page of gamers. As of late I have become more and more frustrated with people bashing us modders, because they "assume" mods to mean "cheats"

Literally, I posted a valid explanation asking people to just bare these things in mind:

When you bash modders saying that they are ALL "cheaters", "lowlifes" and "S*** at games", you are insulting people like me, who harm no one and do it with full authority from the developers

Some games like Final Fantasy 7 on the PC were released broken. You could play up to a certain point and the game would crash. It was "modders" who released the patch, and this same patch was later reused by square on the re-release and linked on the Square website

Games like GTA people release entire rewrites of the graphics engine to fix bugs and increase quality

Valve were that impressed with a left 4 dead mod, they now "sell" it themselves on console?

^^^^^ None of these things are disruptive to other players, espcially those on console

I also highlighted that my mod, is just a map, and whatever goes with it. It in no-way disrupts other peoples gaming.

He just instantly came back bashing me, telling me that i must be terrible at games, and in ANY situation at all modding is illegal, and regardless of "what you think" it IS against the rules...

I ported links, proof, examples....

It all just came back to  "its illegal and all your sources are lies"

Well... you guys all know i am 100% telling the truth, so I post this question to you all :

"How do you get someone to consider ALL factors of a argument, if they refuse to believe ANY evidence that backs up your point?"

I know we are talking about facebook here, so the likely answer is "Its impossible", but I felt like entertaining the thought

This guys words really hurt me, as I usually share my progress there, another guy even blocked me then put up a post (obviously unaware that admins can STILL see it....) that they have blocked "cheaters" and theres no occasion where any mod is productive or creative...

I was that pi**ed that I banned him. Firstly I wasnt even talking to him, he jumped in just to have his 2 cents and block me lol

I call what we do, a form of "art". How bout you guys?

(Dont know why I let this make me so mad.... I guess its coz he literally bashed all my hard work, for reasons that are not even related to it)
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
"How do you get someone to consider ALL factors of a argument, if they refuse to believe ANY evidence that backs up your point?"
Your first option is brainwashing, but more than likely he is already brainwashed by Microsoft and his Xbox so let's skip that and move straight to torture.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Your first option is brainwashing, but more than likely he is already brainwashed by Microsoft and his Xbox so let's skip that and move straight to torture.
lol, and battlefield...

Coz my example was Call of duty, he just bashed that too and said "this is why battlefield is better, their servers are better and stop modding F***** like you from" ... and I quote.... "ruining the game"

So I gave valve as a example next lol  :troll:

... so then he bashed counterstrike....
Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:35:17 am by Harry Bo21
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
You can't really do much about the stupidity of some. The best way would to ignore him as he obviously doesn't want to know better:D

And why would any developer release modding-tools if it was illegal? :lol:
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Harry,
         There are SO many mods out there that are talked about and supported by reputable websites (often times even the game makers themselves), so if someone doesn't believe that what you are doing is legal then I think they are either trolling you really hard OR they are dumb as hell because the proof of its legitimacy and legality is everywhere.
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
tell them to buy waw and launch it then ask them why the see a giant a*s button on the main menu labeled MODS if it is illegal
Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:33:57 pm by arceus
Date Registered: 24 August 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I did not come to create a map, I came to beat the sh*t out of yours!
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
This guy obviously does not know what he is talking about! Sometimes you just cant convince people to even give their conclusion a second thought.
More than likely he realized he was wrong but was to much of an arrogant a**hole to admit fault, exspecially in some sort of public discussion.
I deal with people like this daily I've personally came to realize that 9 times out of 10 its not worth the stress or the time. We know your right, that should be all that matters  :troll:
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I actually saw a youtube argument about the zombies storyline, I copied and pasted the text and saved it for my own lolz, but My old computer decided to commit suicide, so It will take me a while to find the argument. :alone: But when i find it I will post the argument for you guys unless its too long and might get removed.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I actually saw a youtube argument about the zombies storyline, I copied and pasted the text and saved it for my own lolz, but My old computer decided to commit suicide, so It will take me a while to find the argument. :alone: But when i find it I will post the argument for you guys unless its too long and might get removed.
Oh mate... the amount of completely wrong videos i have seen on that subject... Makes me wanna claw my eyes out lol...
And then the amount of bull crap videos I see about things like "zombies confirmed in MW3" or "DLC 5 confirmed for BLack ops 2"... makes me wanna smash my head of the desk until I stop caring lol

I deal with people like this daily I've personally came to realize that 9 times out of 10 its not worth the stress or the time. We know your right, that should be all that matters
That actually makes me feel better :) :) :)

tell them to buy waw and launch it then ask them why the see a giant a*s button on the main menu labeled MODS if it is illegal
Thats the thing, any evidence I showed he just said was a lie lol

Your all correct, I shouldnt care. Just a bit harsh bashing me for showing off my PaP camo in my OWN facebook group lol. I stupidly let it bother me ;)
Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:28:59 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...