Created 10 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Hello guys. So trem said that 1.1 version of the UGX Mod will be the final version (except bugfixes) of the mod and the last they'll make for WaW. So I decided to start a disussion on engines worth moving to (eg. Source, CryEngine, Unity). Let me start off. Maybe with Source's pros and cons? :D
Source:
+ source code provided, you decide the limits :D
+ Engine quite similiar to Quake engine, but it's not stopping you from everything (eg. you can have infinite number of viewmodel animations and have a lot of shit on the map :D )
+ Physics, physics, PHYSICS
+ modder-friendly :)
+ You can't ADS in Valve games? Don't worry, you can script it (and it's not the CoD dumb way :D )
+ Supports Maya and 3DS Max
+ Come on, look at Titanfall, it's on Source Engine
+ Doesn't need a paid game to run, only Source SDK and base which the mod was built on (all avaliable from Steam for free)
- Need a license with Valve to be a paid standalone game
- Needs to be compiled using Visual Studio
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
Thats an interesting idea Ray, I love a lot of the games that use the source engine. I am sure there are probably a lot of people that would not like this (mappers and scripters) because of the tools and knowledge of the current engine.
Date Registered: 28 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
hi how are you :D
blackrock555's Groups
blackrock555's Contact & Social Linksthomas18blackrock555
id love to see ugx do a source game or mod
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
The source engine is a bitch to develop for. Unreal is MUCH better and easier to develop for. Only problem is that people with AMD GPU's generally have issues(so I've read and experienced myself).
Date Registered: 27 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
I would like to see ugx with 8 co-op! I am a huge fan of this idea. That would be the real next step for zombies mode as a challenge in general, at least in modding imo. That would require moving to multiplayer engine since campaign engine doesn't allow it. BO2 should have got this but instead we got Grief for some shit reason although the maps are massively huge for 8 co-op.
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
The source engine is a bitch to develop for. Unreal is MUCH better and easier to develop for. Only problem is that people with AMD GPU's generally have issues(so I've read and experienced myself).
daedra is right, the easiest engine and more funny xP engine is UDK but with amd card issues :L
in cryengine you can make all the buildings in google sktchup which can even be used by a kid. you can use programs like speedtree,maya 2014, 3dsmax, terrain and height maps to make an awsome map with tons of stuff, and is friendly to all gpu's ive seen, but it isnt as intuitive as udk
so my vote goes to both UDK and CryeEngine
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Y'all are talking about big boys but what about optimization? CryEngine is so GPU-heavy that a typical Mr Smith would be lagging.
drago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
Y'all are talking about big boys but what about optimization? CryEngine is so GPU-heavy that a typical Mr Smith would be lagging.
yeah i know but if custom zombies take a big step i'd still suggest cryengine or udk
because source would be cool but in my opinion is nearly the same as cod engine(except with the limits)
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
All these engines would need a paid license to make a non-ftp game..
What about the good old Cube engine?:P
Date Registered: 27 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
I think the current engine is just fine, what really counts is the gameplay and replayability. I love zombies being so addictive to play so what can be improved is to make good features, I mean real addictive features. However, some graphics improvement would be welcome, maybe Black Ops graphics would be enough. I saw a while ago a MW2 mod for CoD4 and all MW2 features were identical just the graphics was from CoD4. I was impressed, all functionality was from Cod4 like dedicated servers.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I think the current engine is just fine, what really counts is the gameplay and replayability. I love zombies being so addictive to play so what can be improved is to make good features, I mean real addictive features. However, some graphics improvement would be welcome, maybe Black Ops graphics would be enough. I saw a while ago a MW2 mod for CoD4 and all MW2 features were identical just the graphics was from CoD4. I was impressed, all functionality was from Cod4 like dedicated servers.

The current engine is NOT fine. There are WAY to many limitations, which makes it very hard to add good gameplay and re playability elements.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
The current engine is NOT fine. There are WAY to many limitations, which makes it very hard to add good gameplay and re playability elements.
it was fine 5 years ago, but now with all the features coming, weapons and stuff. you are right is not fine.
drago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
for example: akimbo weapons are fully compatible with actual engine, also ...whats thats shitty thing called portaling? cod engine rediring optimization methods are just a shame, also lighting is a pain in the ass. the only feature i would save from cod engine is the C#based scripting code
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Well, what about pathing? Source uses nav-meshes while CryEngine wants you to link the pathnodes..... MANUALLY.
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member

Loading ...