My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
Im not sure what you are experiencing, I know that anything I goto on this site never redirects me anywhere. It could be your browser I suppose. If it gets too annoying just put ad blocker on. It should take care of it
Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:08:29 pm by Zombiejelly
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I was using both the lastest version of FireFox aswell as AdBlock. Was still redirected to the other sites.

EDIT: just clicked on the OpenZIP ad on the homepage and the schools content filter blocked if on the grounds that it was "security.virus", while the PDF ad was categorized as "spyware". The minecraft ad was okay(i guess).
Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:28:09 pm by daedra descent
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 10 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Well that sounds weird, if you still get redirected.

Does it still happen? - Use NoScript. That will prevent such thing.

( did you ran any anti virus / malware stuff on your pc ? )

[also to your article: if you install these applications - it's defenitely your fault and you shoud consider to visit a basic computer security course]
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
I visit the site very frequently on my PC and mobile device and have never experienced any issues with ads at all.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Well that sounds weird, if you still get redirected.

Does it still happen? - Use NoScript. That will prevent such thing.

( did you ran any anti virus / malware stuff on your pc ? )

[also to your article: if you install these applications - it's defenitely your fault and you shoud consider to visit a basic computer security course]

My old computer, not my new one(thank god). The redirecting only lasted for 5 minutes, then it just magically stopped(didn't even run an anti-virus scan before it stopped, but i ran it anyway shortly after).

i was running Microsoft Security Essentials at the time. I also used it to scan my computer, if it detected anything it wouldn't show it in the list.

No i never downloaded anything either. Just starting happening when i clicked on the UGX-MODs logo. All the other links on the Wiki worked fine(as far i could tell).

The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
I never said that it had to come from your site directly, it was just the only site where I ever encountered this.

I do (as already said) use ESET, Google Chrome (with auto updates enabled), ABP and do regularilly scan and clean up my PC (mainly via CCleaner). I'm hardly on any smaller sites so I can't immagine where I could have infected my machine and how it was even possible.
There is a reason why I created this topic in "General Discussion" and not at a directly site related board. I DO encounter strange things and I want to get rid of them not depending on where I got them from.
I NEVER install toolbars and also can't remember when I used a softonic-downloader for the last time, it was way before I started to see weird ads.

Is there anything else I can do besides resettng the whole machine? I would consider doing that but my internet connention is horrible especially when it comes to download something. It makes me shiver when I think about all the setups I would have to download and re-install but if that's the only sollution I might do that.
Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:05:43 pm by Alerion
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I never said that it had to come from your site directly, it was just the only site where I ever encountered this.
That was mainly directled at the people who have been either telling me that or implying that for the last couple weeks. My response was directed at everyone, not just you specifically :)

I do (as already said) use ESET, Google Chrome (with auto updates enabled), ABP and do regularilly scan and clean up my PC (mainly via CCleaner).
Good.

I'm hardly on any smaller sites so I can't immagine where I could have infected my machine and how it was even possible.
Download "MalwareBytes Anti-Malware" from here and scan your computer. See if anything comes up.

Thank you for your response and again I meant no offense to you by my last response, I was trying to answer everyone's concerns at once.
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Thank you for your response and again I meant no offense to you by my last response, I was trying to answer everyone's concerns at once.

I know you wouldn't offend anybody without a very good reason. I just wasn't sure how much I clarified that I never tried to offend you as my english skills may be above average but they're still not perfect:P

Ad thank you very much for that program, the quick scan alone found 4 infected objects, I'm currently running a complete scan.
Untill now I wasn't aware that my normal antivirus doesn't scan for malware :derp:.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Untill now I wasn't aware that my normal antivirus doesn't scan for malware :derp:.
Yep, that's my only complaint with ESET nod32 (which I use personally as well).
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Temporary solution for ads: donate or use AdBlock
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Temporary solution for ads: donate or use AdBlock

I do have the adblocker active (as you could have read  :D)
I would have donated too already but then I read that the UGX-apparel might become avilable in germany too and buying something from there wouldn't just make me a donor but would also give me the opportunity to make this site a bit more popular.

EDIT: the complete scan already found 2 new suspicious files and isn't even halfway done. Where do I GET these from? I'm a bit derpy sometimes but I'm not the one who clicks on every "play minecraft for free" button. And I stopped supporting piracy before I bought this machine (so at least 2 years ago).
PS: I'm currently buying every game I had played before so I guess I'm slowly weakening the guilt.
Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:59:02 am by Alerion
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
EDIT: the complete scan already found 2 new suspicious files and isn't even halfway done. Where do I GET these from? I'm a bit derpy sometimes but I'm not the one who clicks on every "play minecraft for free" button. And I stopped supporting piracy before I bought this machine (so at least 2 years ago).
PS: I'm currently buying every game I had played before so I guess I'm slowly weakening the guilt.
It considers tracking cookies (I think it refers to them as "PUPs", which stands for Potentially Unwanted Programs) as threats so some of what you're finding might not be anything to actually care about. As far as the rest, I have no idea. Just ran a scan on my desktop to see what would come up and it found nothing.
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Well at least three of them were cookies then. When the complete scan is done I'll see what the others are called.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra

As if i care what happens to my schools computers.  :please:

The ads shouldn't be so misleading anyway. Yes most people have the common sense to know that the ads aren't what they say they are, but not all. I swear i saw an ad that said "download mod" without specifying what "mod" it was talking about. Someone could get confused and think that its the link to the UGX mod or something.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
As if i care what happens to my schools computers.  :please:

The ads shouldn't be so misleading anyway. Yes most people have the common sense to know that the ads aren't what they say they are, but not all. I swear i saw an ad that said "download mod" without specifying what "mod" it was talking about. Someone could get confused and think that its the link to the UGX mod or something.
The ads are generated by the ad network to be relevant to the site's content. If the ads were totally irrelevant then the visitors to the site would have no reason to click them. This is how the ad industry works.

Loading ...