My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
The ads are generated by the ad network to be relevant to the site's content. If the ads were totally irrelevant then the visitors to the site would have no reason to click them. This is how the ad industry works.

Ads are good in general, that i agree with. However when advertisers start infecting peoples computers with malware then the line has been crossed. If advertisers can't make money off of ads in an honest, nonharmful way then they need to rethink their advertising strategy.
broken avatar :(
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ads are good in general, that i agree with. However when advertisers start infecting peoples computers with malware then the line has been crossed. If advertisers can't make money off of ads in an honest, nonharmful way then they need to rethink their advertising strategy.

I don't think that most malware comes in that way. as for me it could have entered because I used old setups for things like java, flash-player etc. and then updted them because it was less stuff to download that way. These old setups might have been infected because I didn't have a good antivirus that time..
and as I use AdBlocker almost allways I might just not have noticed that something was wrong all along.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I spoke with the advertising network today and they said they will investigate the ads displayed on the site and block any that are creating popups, redirects, or anything else.
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Even though MalwareBytes didn't find anything besides some cookies I didn't encounter strange things anymore.

But thank you very much for your support and (hopefully) we can close this tread soon.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
YesAdvertising stated that they have just now blocked some ads that looked "suspicious", so we'll see if the situation improves.
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
I'll disable my adblocker and see if I still encounter them.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Did they give any specifics on what ads looked "suspicious"?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Did they give any specifics on what ads looked "suspicious"?
Nope.
  • zombie madness
  • Deleted Member
zombie madness
This user is deleted :(
ihave never had a single advert only ads i get is on firefox when clicking on links on google and facebook etc it opens a new browers and tabs but never on chrome
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Well after getting the "run around" from our advertising provider for the past month I finally just decided to drop them and use someone else. As a result, all of the redirection and popups and intrusive ads people were experiencing have gone away. The advertising company denied that they had anything to do with this but obviously it is directly related since the action of removing the ads fixed all of the issues.

I hope everyone can have a better experience visiting this site now and I apologize to anyone who had to deal with any of this ad stuff while trying to use the site.
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
They did go away for me quite a while ago. Shortly after you announced that they had filtered some adds out.

Loading ...