Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
I did not come to create a map, I came to beat the sh*t out of yours!
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I feel this needs to be said.

Time and time again I will read through WIP and Release threads. Amazed to what this person/team have been working very hard on, typically over a long period of time. Thinking wow, These guys are really dedicating a lot of time and effort for us.  We are the end users of these creations. We will be the one's playing this map over and over, recording video footage, streaming on twitch, curing everyday boredom etc.

Yet on almost every page of the thread there is someone complaining. "It's to hard, Will this ever be released, You should have done it this way, This wip is taking forever, Do it like this, Add this it will be easy" etc.

The people who create these things, do it for us in a sense. This is only a hobby for them. A hobby that the only satisfaction they get is positive feedback from the community, and watching others enjoy their work.  These people do not get paid for what they do. Most importantly they are real people with real lives, families, jobs, school, careers, young children. And yet they take their free time and work very hard for what we get to enjoy in the end.

So I ask you all, act appreciative, say thank you. Let these people know that their hard work and effort was worth the time they invested for us. Before we lose another great due to impatient, unappreciative, derogatory comments that some of us (end users) might leave.

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 26 December 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Have a disc copy of W@W, which is why steam doesn't display it
WaW: XxIceBearxX
Steam: Nightmare_Pie
Black Ops 3 Emblems
mxtxm's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
mxtxm's Contact & Social LinksNightmare_Pie
I do love the work map makers put in. I have played numerous maps, and some where more difficult than others. When it comes to difficulty, the best we can do, is adapt and conquer.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
There is a strong difference between providing constructive criticism and just being rude. And in a community such as this positive feedback and criticism are both needed for mappers to become better content creators that can evolve from making what might be mediocre content to content that a community would really enjoy. If someone just enjoys making maps then that's fine, but expecting to post your map on a forum with only positive feedback and no suggestions from others who maybe have a different point of view than the mapper's own on what would make a map good/better is just ludicrous.

If you are posting your map on this forum you are looking to see what others think of the content you have created. Expecting that criticism isn't going to come with that just isn't reasonable. One thing I think needs to be defined is that just because someone didn't necessarily enjoy the experience doesn't mean he's attempting to be disrespectful to the mapper or do anything other than help him become better at what he does.

I can understand what you are saying about some comments that just seem inpatient and maybe as a community we need to discourage this behavior of demanding rather than suggesting but people wanting things different in maps isn't going to disappear, after all we are all different and enjoy different styles. And I believe as long as we're all respectful everyone's opinion matters when judging custom content.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Mayhem, it sounds like you want complete censorship of all comments that aren't positive. I don't agree with that or want to live in a world that controls people like that. Sometimes mappers make maps that ARE too hard for the common zombie player and it's only because they know their own map so well that they don't think so. And getting outside feedback can be very helpful and may lead to the mapper adding a difficulty setting or something like that.

I feel like for the most part the people on this site are very good at being constructive with their comments and the few people that aren't or who push the envelope too far with outright cruel and profane comments can get warnings or banned by the Admins, and they do sometimes, we've all seen it happen.

I think the people who are getting their feelings hurt over comments that aren't over the top positive just need to grow a pair.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Great post +1, some of the newer members could do with reading this, not naming any names, if you think making a map and adding all the stupid ass features you want and releasing it at a time that suits YOU is so easy do it your fucking self then! None of us are under any obligation to make this stuff, it's not like we get any money from it, so next time one of you fuckwits wants to demand a map is released or tell a mapper what he should/shouldn't add, or claim something is 'easy to do', how about you do us all a favour and keep your mouth shut instead. Constructive criticism and suggestions are fine, that's another thing entirely.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I thought what Mayhem said was very well said, and I didn't take from it that you were saying not to give critizisn. Of course that is cause I read this recently:
To start with a compliment this is a very nicely designed map and I think this one would have been really fun to pay over and over... and it has a pretty cool atmosphere to it. BUT I just have to ask a question... who is the a**hole that thought it was a good idea to have EVERY ZOMBIE SLAP COUNT AS TWO?!?!?!?!... ARE YOU TRYING TO PISS OFF THE PEOPLE THAT PLAY YOUR MAP??? You retarded map makers need to stop f**king with the dynamics of the game. Just stick to making maps alright... leave the game dynamics to the professionals cause every time one of you clowns tries to get creative it turns out as a DISASTER. BTW the reason companies like Treyarch make billions and sell millions of COD games is specifically because they have spent thousands of hours testing those dynamics and have come up with a formula that WORKS!!!

The fourth time I got downed on this level (because on this map getting slapped once means you are gonna get slapped at least 3 times with the gravity) I deleted it because it ANNOYED the F**K out of me!!! CHANGE IT!!!

So my mind went straight to that, and other useless comments and opinions, often not shared with anyone else, as well as all out rude, like seen above, instead of the constructive ones or ones about ideas. I personally want comments. I watch every youtube video I can find of things I have made, to learn and to make better them better, and fix my mistakes, and it does feel good when someone enjoys something you have made, like Mayhem said. It's my favorite part.  :D But comments like above are the kind of attitude that will probably result in the same boring thing to be made with everyone afraid of trying to contribute anything new. And the people who are really good leaving cause it has gotten boring. Personally I don't care so much I take it to heart. I get more upset that something doesn't work the way I meant it to than over a comment. But it isn't nice. I feel like that's all Mayhem was really saying. Be nice, remember these people are not professionals and be patient with comments that make a better experience.
Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:28:39 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 24 August 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
I don't want censorship over all comments that are not positive, I should have had a explanation of the difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism in my post. The reason we have these wip threads, are to hear the feed back of the community whether positive or negative. But there is a more proper way to elaberate on how the individual could enhance features or better the project they are working one or have released.

Whether you agree or not I'm simply stating that some people, not all, need to be enlightened on a more constructive manner of critiquing someone else's project as opposed to a comment as such.

To start with a compliment this is a very nicely designed map and I think this one would have been really fun to pay over and over... and it has a pretty cool atmosphere to it. BUT I just have to ask a question... who is the a**hole that thought it was a good idea to have EVERY ZOMBIE SLAP COUNT AS TWO?!?!?!?!... ARE YOU TRYING TO PISS OFF THE PEOPLE THAT PLAY YOUR MAP??? You retarded map makers need to stop f**king with the dynamics of the game. Just stick to making maps alright... leave the game dynamics to the professionals cause every time one of you clowns tries to get creative it turns out as a DISASTER. BTW the reason companies like Treyarch make billions and sell millions of COD games is specifically because they have spent thousands of hours testing those dynamics and have come up with a formula that WORKS!!!
The fourth time I got downed on this level (because on this map getting slapped once means you are gonna get slapped at least 3 times with the gravity) I deleted it because it ANNOYED the F**K out of me!!! CHANGE IT!!!

Now I understand it is not my place to judge, I am no Admin nor Moderator, This is just simply my opinion I wanted to rant about a bit. I wrote the subject with the hopes that it might enlighten some individuals in the future from making derogatory, unnecessary comments.

Loading ...