Created 8 years ago
by animallover
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
While I do agree that not many people are talking about the Nightmares mode, how come no one is mentioning DOA 2? :derp:
Yeah really though, I know that im supposed to be the guy who is obsessed with DOA for no explained reason... But I honestly think DOA 2 is really fun with all its new added features and improvements. I hope they add it to public match soon so I can casually play it coop without having to call up 3 friends and load up the second campagin mission every time...
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
The Giant is better then other remakes because it offers more story elements. The remake of Der Riese for BO didn't change much, but on BO3 we're playing as the Origins crew (I sorta like them better tbh). The Giant also gives us more insight as to the "beginning" of the outbreak at Der Riese.

That makes sense, as I don't own BO3 I missed these features. I've always been a fan of the continuation of the Origins crew, (even though it's the same crew as in most other maps), but Origins really started a new motion for me, and I'm glad to see it didn't stop at once.  ;)
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Jesus you guys are hard to please. Serously, not only do you get the base map (SoE) but you also get the giant, and a zombies campaign mission AND an awesome ranking system and challenge system that is actual relevent AND weapon and bubblegum customization. Not to mention that there will be at least 4 more maps to come and Most likely mod tools. Let's think about what launched with bo2; TranZit...  :please: I can understand if you actually don't enjoy the maps, but saying that there is lack of content, or no new features is absolutely absurd. The funny thing is that half of the people that are bitching haven't even played it yet. How can you form an opinion without even playing it yet? Do you like bitching for the sake of bitching?

That makes sense, as I don't own BO3 I missed these features. I've always been a fan of the continuation of the Origins crew, (even though it's the same crew as in most other maps), but Origins really started a new motion for me, and I'm glad to see it didn't stop at once.  ;)

You guys are literally proving my point.
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
You guys are literally proving my point.

You see football players sit there, and judge every move the players does in football. This is ok, because they're known with the art of football.

You see players of Zombies sit there, and judge every aspect of a new game. This is ok, because they're known with how Zombies should be, in their own opinion.

People are allowed to judge something, even if they haven't tried it themselves. You see millions of people judge those who use drugs, drink alcohol and whatnow, when quite a few of them haven't been in their situation.
When someone has been playing the game for a while, they're fully capable of judging it, without having to actually play it. Watching gameplay will tell you alot. Sure, you don't get to experience it first hand, but you will see what is new this time around going for BO3.

So saying that people are "bitching" just for the sake of "bitching", is wrong in this case. (Unless someone here hasn't been playing Zombies before.) I can form my own opinions on something without trying it first hand.

Some people disagree with cloning, saying it's inhumane. Have they tried cloning themselves? Have they seen a clone, actually looked at it? You don't have to view something with your own eyes to make an opinion on it.  :nyan:

Spoiler: click to open...
Besides, I haven't seen any statement saying this post is for those who's gotten to try it out first hand only, so even if you just heard of Zombies, one should be allowed to speak their opinion without being called out for "bitching" if they don't find it as good as some do.  :please:
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:56:03 am by Exofile
Date Registered: 15 October 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
gr00t's Groups
gr00t's Contact & Social Links
And people are still bitching? Fuck me people are hard to please these days.

My concern is publisher interference.   Now that Black Ops 3 is released and everyone has had a chance to look at or experience SoE, original concerns are relevant.  Activision might be exerting license control over COD Zombies and co-opting the Treyarch zombies franchise to improve future sales of Infinity Ward games.

I'd be curious if Jimmy Zielinski's exit from Treyarch involved creative differences, possibly thematic changes at the "request" of Activision.

Some notable changes.

monkey bombs > alien hentai (little arnie)
dig sites > alien pods
wonder weapon > alien gersh device
Mob of Dead afterlife > alien hentai ghost
zombie boss > alien hentai margwa
dogs > alien roller
flying bugs (essentially a flying scorpion from extinction)

Quote from: gr00t link=topic=7430.msg80235#msg80235
Quote from: MAK911 link=topic=7430.msg80124#msg80124
-Fucking extinction all over again.
-Hentai :D and Floppy arms. If I ever play zombies on this and get those, I'm just gonna run around screaming,"Floppy arms!" and try to smack people in the face.

I had the same reaction, and it was not good.

Introducing aliens into Treyarch's Zombies does seem like a ploy to prop up Infinity Ward's weak Extinction series by co-opting an established popular Zombies concept.

To me it seems like Activision is using its publisher status to compromise independence of their development studios.  This sort of thing happens all the time in film/tv production where producers and studio executives dictate endless script edits to directors and ultimately end up modifying the end product (usually for the worse) in a quest for higher ROI.

Infinity Ward's COD game is due out in 2016.  Activision sales could benefit greatly by trying to link a less popular Extinction alien concept to the established fame of Zombies in the hope that more consumers will then purchase Infinity Ward's next game.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:58:57 am by gr00t
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
I'd be curious if Jimmy Zielinski's exit from Treyarch involved creative differences, possibly thematic changes at the "request" of Activision.
I don't think it was that sinister (although the first clause in that sentence may well be true, but not for the reasons you are thinking). I think the reason was just that the Jimmy BO2 maps were, on the whole, pretty crap and the Campaign led maps (MOTD and Origins) wiped the floor with them. Ergo they got the nod for the BO3 zombies maps. And rightly so IMO.
Date Registered: 15 October 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
gr00t's Groups
gr00t's Contact & Social Links
I don't think it was that sinister (although the first clause in that sentence may well be true, but not for the reasons you are thinking). I think the reason was just that the Jimmy BO2 maps were, on the whole, pretty crap and the Campaign led maps (MOTD and Origins) wiped the floor with them. Ergo they got the nod for the BO3 zombies maps. And rightly so IMO.

Tranzit, Die Rise, and Nuketown fell short, but Buried remains one of the best maps in the franchise.  The Zombie team deserves some credit for that at least.

Two years ago a disgruntled Treyarch dev made a topic on Reddit with some anonymous posts commenting on MOTD aka "mobzies".  He/She didn't seem to have kind words about Activision and hinted that they used publisher influence on studio development.     I cut out a bunch of my own opinion as it mostly re-iterated existing remarks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/comments/1bq192/im_leaking_mob_of_the_dead_
So, basically the zombie team has already a rough draft of all the DLC maps they'll release (I don't know much about future ones though) and are currently working on DLC 3 and 4. So what happened with mob of the dead (or "Mobzies" as was the working title [im not fucking joking here that was actually the working title]) was that Treyarch (or more accurately Activision) was imploring for DLCs to be ready faster (I'm not to sure about the details there, I wasn't involved on the business end of things but that's what we were told).

Also one interesting leak made by the dev is now confirmed in B03 zombies inter-dimensional storyline.

https://www.reddit.com/user/3ArcCanSuckIt
[–]3ArcCanSuckIt 2 points 2 years ago

I wasn't aware the zombies' eyes signified anything. But what I understood was that the players aren't really in the 1930's. The entire map isn't even on earth, it's like in this inter-dimensional space bubble. It's just been modeled by some entity to look like Alcatraz at that time. Again, as I said, the zombie team didn't give us specifics as to what that entity is or does. They're even secretive with their co-workers.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:01:17 pm by gr00t
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Tranzit, Die Rise, and Nuketown fell short, but Buried remains one of the best maps in the franchise.  The Zombie team deserves some credit for that at least.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one old chum, Buried was awful IMO. It was far too easy to be fun for me.

Let's see, you have a bank, fridge, weird retarded giant redneck freak that you feed candy and alcohol (really?), customizable wallchalks, free perks, a million buildable traps, a WW with infinite ammo/damage, MK2 every other box hit, free perma PHD...the list goes on. You could quite easily have all the traps set up, 250,000 points, 3 PAP guns, and all the perks by round 2 on that map. That just defeats the point of zombies to me.

Origins and MOTD on the other hand (whilst some people don't like this) required strategy and skill to get setup (the former especially), and presented at least somewhat of a challenge. They also had a darker, more zombie-esque atmosphere, which it seems Jimmy was moving away from, as each of the zombie team's maps seemed to be getting more and more cartoony and silly.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:09:08 pm by steviewonder87
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You could quite easily have all the traps set up, 250,000 points, 3 PAP guns, and all the perks by round 2 on that map.
Round 1*
Date Registered: 27 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Agreed, on Buried map I went to 73 rounds solo, basically I used Paralizer and raygun 2 along with traps, mostly camped at jugg spot. But I relied mostly on traps (resonance trap that makes airwave blast) and used Paralizer as a shield sort of. That's how much you need for this map. Buried doesn't really support strategies other than camping, all locations are setup for camping. While this isn't a bad thing as you can do sniping but that's it pretty much. You can't do training here, the map is designed that way. And you can make tones of points here so quickly... To easy map for my liking. I like Shinonuma as it supported camping and training. But Moon is the most favorite map I like to play, so enjoyable.
Date Registered: 1 February 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
Signature
ZombieSlayer5778's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
ZombieSlayer5778's Contact & Social Links76561198200039562JSgaming
To be completely honest I don't really like Shadows of Evil. I haven't played it yet, but from what I have seen, most of the map elements are just the same thing as other previous maps. For example, turning on the perks while in beast form is just like Mob of the Dead, the ritual things that you put the hair and stuff on is just like the origins power generators, as a different type of zombie comes after you as you fight to hold down the area. Furthermore, when I see beast form, the pods, the flying alien things, and the boss alien guy with three heads all remind me of Ghost's Extinction, which is definitely not something I wish to remember. Overall, my opinion of Shadows of Evil is just the same old stuff over and over; if Treyarch can make something new and cool in the DLC I will be a lot happier  :-\
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one old chum, Buried was awful IMO. It was far too easy to be fun for me.

Let's see, you have a bank, fridge, weird retarded giant redneck freak that you feed candy and alcohol (really?), customizable wallchalks, free perks, a million buildable traps, a WW with infinite ammo/damage, MK2 every other box hit, free perma PHD...the list goes on. You could quite easily have all the traps set up, 250,000 points, 3 PAP guns, and all the perks by round 2 on that map. That just defeats the point of zombies to me.

Origins and MOTD on the other hand (whilst some people don't like this) required strategy and skill to get setup (the former especially), and presented at least somewhat of a challenge. They also had a darker, more zombie-esque atmosphere, which it seems Jimmy was moving away from, as each of the zombie team's maps seemed to be getting more and more cartoony and silly.
I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to look at Buried as bad just because I love steampunk things and they put that theme kind of on display (lacking, but just enough to make me like it). I do agree, however, Buried was too easy. I mean, when I played with people, we'd lock ourselves in the jugg corner just so we could make it hard (was really fun too :D). Also, another HUGE factor you forgot was that you could lock the box and have retard (since no one will give him a real name, he is retard to me) build everything FOR you. There's a lot of personal firsts in that map that makes it special to me, but, all in all, way too freaking easy.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
So just had my first go on The Giant on PC, the first couple rounds are completely awful, lagging and stuttering all over the place (please patch this soon Treyarch :( ) but after that it's actually playable for me for the most part.

The map is pretty much just Der Reise with a BO3 mod and snow, but I did enjoy it I have to say. The Haymaker 12 PAP'd is a monster, and the gumballs are an interesting addition. The dogs need a serious buff though, they are literally like always one shot and piss easy, the WAW dogs are way more of a challenge. Might give Shadows a go now that I've actually got the game to run somewhat playable.

For anyone having serious issues (which is about 70% of the PC users) I found that going into Task Manager - Processes and changing the priority for BO3 to 'high' (by default it's 'low' for some reason) improves performance a lot, and I have FPS capped at 58 as apparently having it just below your screen's refresh rate (for me 60) also helps with the lagging.

Got to 25 first game which isn't too bad :)
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
What happened to the thread pic
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
well they could add some more areas to the remake map :P we already had all cod waw maps in blackops 1 so i dont really understand why people are so pumped over the giant, could incorporate the advanced features from shadows of evil into it atleast?
What you mean like :

gobble gum
A entire arsenal of weaponry
Realism mod aspects
A new easter egg
A unlockable easter egg gun
Extra perks that can be unlocked or obtained
Multiple pack a punching

yea they added nothing to the giant at all, should have got some stuff from SOA

like....

oh thats right, they did...
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:58:07 pm by Harry Bo21