UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[36/40] ORBiT v1.2 - Space the final frontier...now with even more zombies!

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Mapper: MakeCents & Tudark

The Basics: This map looks straight out of an exciting science fiction universe. It feels like Halo and Doom had a funbaby and cute little Orbit was brought into the world. Or at least he was cute until he got possessed by demons and murdered his crew. Wait, why the hell are we on this giant floating space coffin again? Oh yea, we're mankind's last hope for survival. For crying our loud, isn't humanity like the intergalactic damsel in distress? At some point we're going to realize that she's always in danger and maybe isn't worth saving anymore...Oh sorry, back to the map.

What We Liked: There is no way to prepare for this map each time you play and that's one of the things that makes it both scary and absolutely replayable. Wall weapons, perk location and your own starting location and starting gun are all randomized so you don't know where you are going to start, what gear you are going to have or what is going to be available to you.
Everything is custom on this map: custom textures, custom effects, weapons & perk machines. A custom power switch, mystery box and some badass enemy types including a boss which gives this space station a unique and dangerous feel to it. It's all custom and it's all beautiful. There is also an objective which will require you to explore the whole base as well as to teleport to a few different places in order to complete – WTF, can it get much better than this?

What We Didn't Like: If I had to subtract points from this map anywhere it would be because the main rooms of the map are separated be a series of long hallways and all those hallways feel the same. If you are playing with friends you probably won't mind this, but playing solo it may feel a bit repetitive early on. Also, for being a space station overrun by the undead that hell vomited out it looks a bit too squeaky clean but I understand the map makers ran into some engine limits so a full blood soaked scrub-down got left out; no huge complaint though.

Final Word: Friends, this map is impressive without a doubt. If you like science fiction and zombies then this map is the best thing that could be made with the resources that we currently have. Is it perfect? No, but it was such a massive and ambitious undertaking that it demands that we stand and take notice of everything that it does right and by the time you count up all of those things you'll forget about most of the things you didn't like. Play this map NOW!

Level of Detail: 9/10
Custom Content: 10/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 9/10

Score: 36/40

Map download page: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10991.0.html
Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:12:23 am by tomikaze
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
Only reasons that I dislike is that a majority of guns and doors have unfair prices and it takes a while to set up (Shadows of evil much, everybody?)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Only reasons that I dislike is that a majority of guns and doors have unfair prices and it takes a while to set up (Shadows of evil much, everybody?)
On maps like Leviathan, Oil Rig and Requiem all takes a while to get "setup" too. I think you just need to like what you're doing and where you're doing it. If this is your complaint you may just need to stick to playing box maps...no offense.

I can see where you are coming from regarding the door prices.
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Great review tom as always. The only thing that bugs me out is the asm1 walking stats. Gun being too low when you walk. (which that can be fixed easily in the weaponfile setting).
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Thanks for the review Tom! "intergalactic damsel in distress", lol, nice.

Loading ...