Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: ZCTxCHAOSx

Setting: For those of ye salty old sea dogs looking for a swashbuckling good time filled with mystery, booty, and aggressive ,albeit ugly, wenches flocking after you then you've joined up with the right crew me hearties. However, if you are a scurvy, bilge-sucking blaggard who can't handle the open sea then this map will feed you to the fishes before you can say, “Yo-ho-ho and and a bottle of rum!”

Postives: This map looks flat out amazing and almost everywhere I looked had me thinking that I was actually on a ship sailing the high seas. The pieces of map that you had to collect was great, the pirate sword you could buy was fun and effective, the way you opened your way through the map was well done, the story that was told to you along the way was interesting...heck, turning the power on by lighting the furnace was a nice touch too. It was fun to be able to PAP your guns multiple times and the mini game was kinda cool too. The trap door was both funny and infuriating depending on if it just screwed over you or your buddy. I even like the new perks and the Quizz Mod and how you only get points for kills, this forces you to get high powered guns as soon as possible or else you are going to get overrun. It seems like nothing went unnoticed when this map was being made.

Negatives: I thought the layout of the map was its downfall. Unless you are a very, VERY good zombie player you aren't going to get anywhere on this map. You will be forced to camp the far end of the ship and pray that you get good guns out of the box so that you can survive long enough in order to figure out what you are supposed to do next. Also, the zombies spawn in with little warning; they're not rising, they're not pulling boards off windows, they are just appearing out of thin air...well, thin air covered in electricity. Also, most guns felt really underpowered and made PAPing ASAP mandatory. I felt like most guns should just be ignored and that there were just a handful of guns really worth getting.

Conclusion: This map offers zero forgiveness and in the end felt more like the best looking challenge map ever. You blaze through it as fast as you can and if you make one mistake then just restart and try again. Still, there is no denying everything that this map does right. It knocks it out of the park in the visuals and atmosphere department and if you can get a few good zombie players together you may be able to have one of the most frantic, white-knuckled zombie experiences ever.

Level of Detail: 10/10
Custom Content: 10/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 8/10

Score: 36/40

Download from the UGX Map Manager
Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:05:11 pm by tomikaze
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
Aw I was going to do a review of dead ship. :'(
But yours was better than mine so GG :please:
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Aw I was going to do a review of dead ship. :'(
But yours was better than mine so GG :please:
I'd still like to hear you opinion. Did you want to mention some things that I didn't? Do you have a different viewpoint?
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I'd still like to hear you opinion. Did you want to mention some things that I didn't? Do you have a different viewpoint?
I was going to mention in my review the secret sound files from activating certain crewmates and the captains curse trap.
but as I said, your review's better than mine.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Rather old thread, but I'll give my two cents anyways. TBH, I actually thought that the map was quite easy. I found this strange, as I'm a pretty average zombies player, and I've struggled on a lot of ZCT's maps. However, you can run trains on the top of the deck VERY easily (by looping the mast and crossing the slightly open section).

This was also probably the best map I've played all year. Great balance of ease and difficulty, excellent custom features, gorgeous details, the list goes on and on. Also, I was really happy how Laggin got a shoutout, he really deserves one. Definitely a 40/40 IMO
Date Registered: 12 March 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
ZCTxCHAOSx's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
ZCTxCHAOSx's Contact & Social LinksZCTxCHAOSxthexchaos420x
Great review as always Tom.  Hit the points exactly as they are.

Loading ...