UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[25/40] Decontamination - It failed and you will pay!

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: Smasher248

Setting: Some lab, zombie outbreak, make it out alive...same old tired formula, right? WRONG! You begin the map in a very impressive looking room with the option of 2 directions to go, which will you choose? Will one direction take you to safety while the other lead to certain death? Find out for yourself, space is limited and the zombies are hungry.

Postives: Smasher did a really good job detailing the map; most of the rooms look impressive and believable as a laboratory that has been overrun by the undead. He uses lots custom textures and the colors and lighting are very appealing and appropriate for their locations on the map. There are lots of fun guns to play with including Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 2 & 3 guns. There are 11 perks to buy, destructible glass to shoot, custom fx and a small objective to give you something to work toward if mere survival is not your thing. The layout is pretty fun for the most part and there is a downstairs area which is perfect for training zombies.

Negatives: My biggest complaint on this map is that the objective feels way too basic and then it punishes you with a 50,000pt door which isn't even the end of the map! Without that, you'd probably finish the map in a matter of a few minutes, but now you're going to end up running endless circles in order to save up for the 50k door plus the other things you will be required to buy in order to win the map. Some other lesser complaints for me were that if you're playing coop and your friend is on the other side of the map and he fires his gun, it sounds like he is firing it right next to your head. This doesn't seem to happen with every gun, but often enough to become a bit of a distraction. Also, the Thundergun misfires WAY too often causing you to spend the ammo, get the visual effect, but then the entire group of zombies you shot is still right there running toward you, bummer : (

Conclusion: I know that my “negatives” paragraph is longer than my “positives” paragraph, but I still had a really good time playing the map. And as good as the map looks and as fun as the weapons are it may not bother you in the least to do what is being asked of you in order to complete the map.
There are also two versions of this map, a hard version where you only get points for kills and the zombies are runners from the start and an easier version with less caffeinated starting zombies and you get points for every bullet impact just like normal.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 6/10
Replayability: 5/10

Score: 25/40

Download here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4137.0
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
You forgot to mention that the RayGunMKII isnt an insta kill like Treyarchs and takes a full clip to F*****g kill a zombie (this dosage of AIDS that calls itself a raygunMKII led me to cuss)
Date Registered: 5 March 2014
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Ununpentium miner
jorgep28's Groups
jorgep28's Contact & Social Linksjorgep28
Nice review! Also you missed an i on positives  :please:
You forgot to mention that the RayGunMKII isnt an insta kill like Treyarchs and takes a full clip to F*****g kill a zombie (this dosage of AIDS that calls itself a raygunMKII led me to cuss)
MK2 is not an instakill on treyarch maps, it just has some amazingly high damage.
Date Registered: 1 October 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Deez nuts
Signature
Yo, I'm AwESOME95 I have a youtube channel and I'm new to mapping I also got a instagram steam, ps3 and more! Check the accounts out Above! and follow me
I was the 2nd person to download this  :)
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
i was in the negatives to download this map
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Wow, thank you for the insight, you really made a compelling argument here.
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Wow, thank you for the insight, you really made a compelling argument here.

:lol:  :lol:

Loading ...