UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => General => Content Reviews => Topic started by: tomikaze on October 10, 2014, 11:01:41 pm

Title: [25/40] Decontamination - It failed and you will pay!
Post by: tomikaze on October 10, 2014, 11:01:41 pm
(https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FgYppRUB.jpg%3F1&hash=f27f082860447b2682e9563171b8308dec575138)

Creator: Smasher248

Setting: Some lab, zombie outbreak, make it out alive...same old tired formula, right? WRONG! You begin the map in a very impressive looking room with the option of 2 directions to go, which will you choose? Will one direction take you to safety while the other lead to certain death? Find out for yourself, space is limited and the zombies are hungry.

Postives: Smasher did a really good job detailing the map; most of the rooms look impressive and believable as a laboratory that has been overrun by the undead. He uses lots custom textures and the colors and lighting are very appealing and appropriate for their locations on the map. There are lots of fun guns to play with including Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 2 & 3 guns. There are 11 perks to buy, destructible glass to shoot, custom fx and a small objective to give you something to work toward if mere survival is not your thing. The layout is pretty fun for the most part and there is a downstairs area which is perfect for training zombies.

Negatives: My biggest complaint on this map is that the objective feels way too basic and then it punishes you with a 50,000pt door which isn't even the end of the map! Without that, you'd probably finish the map in a matter of a few minutes, but now you're going to end up running endless circles in order to save up for the 50k door plus the other things you will be required to buy in order to win the map. Some other lesser complaints for me were that if you're playing coop and your friend is on the other side of the map and he fires his gun, it sounds like he is firing it right next to your head. This doesn't seem to happen with every gun, but often enough to become a bit of a distraction. Also, the Thundergun misfires WAY too often causing you to spend the ammo, get the visual effect, but then the entire group of zombies you shot is still right there running toward you, bummer : (

Conclusion: I know that my “negatives” paragraph is longer than my “positives” paragraph, but I still had a really good time playing the map. And as good as the map looks and as fun as the weapons are it may not bother you in the least to do what is being asked of you in order to complete the map.
There are also two versions of this map, a hard version where you only get points for kills and the zombies are runners from the start and an easier version with less caffeinated starting zombies and you get points for every bullet impact just like normal.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 6/10
Replayability: 5/10

Score: 25/40

Download here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4137.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4137.0)
Title: Re: [25/40] Decontamination - It failed and you will pay!
Post by: conn6orsuper117 on October 10, 2014, 11:13:14 pm
You forgot to mention that the RayGunMKII isnt an insta kill like Treyarchs and takes a full clip to F*****g kill a zombie (this dosage of AIDS that calls itself a raygunMKII led me to cuss)
Post by: jorgep28 on October 10, 2014, 11:18:11 pm
Nice review! Also you missed an i on positives  :please:
You forgot to mention that the RayGunMKII isnt an insta kill like Treyarchs and takes a full clip to F*****g kill a zombie (this dosage of AIDS that calls itself a raygunMKII led me to cuss)
MK2 is not an instakill on treyarch maps, it just has some amazingly high damage.
Post by: AwESOMECONNOR95 on October 13, 2014, 06:03:25 pm
I was the 2nd person to download this  :)
Post by: arceus on October 13, 2014, 06:12:42 pm
i was in the negatives to download this map
Post by: tomikaze on October 13, 2014, 06:16:05 pm
Wow, thank you for the insight, you really made a compelling argument here.
Post by: Dust on October 13, 2014, 06:21:42 pm
Wow, thank you for the insight, you really made a compelling argument here.

:lol:  :lol: