My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
For anyone whos been living under a rock, Microsoft has installed update KB 3035583 onto every computer that has received updates in the last few months. This update is Adware that will advertise the upcoming Windows 10 launch and will give you an option to "reserve" your download.

Like so: http://gyazo.com/9b7ed732452fbf2f3357aca6b9b9b684

I wouldn't click the "reserve your upgrade" button. If you plan on upgrading to Windows 10 you should wait for about half a year or so and wait for the bugs to be ironed out.
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:38:44 am by daedra descent
broken avatar :(
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Sneaky little Microsoft, like yourself I would rather wait around half a year for bugs to be fixed and for device drivers to make their way to the OS.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Sneaky little Microsoft, like yourself I would rather wait around half a year for bugs to be fixed and for device drivers to make their way to the OS.

Driver support is already pretty good unless you have an AMD graphics card TBH. What i'm really worried about is the actual install process. If something goes wrong during the install your screwed unless you have a backup image somewhere.

In other news, Microsoft has confirmed that you can download/install Windows 10 on July 29th.
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:09:51 am by daedra descent
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Driver support is already pretty good unless you have an AMD graphics card TBH. What i'm really worried about is the actual install process. If something goes wrong during the install your screwed unless you have a backup image somewhere.

In other news, Microsoft has confirmed that you can download/install Windows 10 on July 29th.

Good to hear, though AMD's newer drivers are crap anyway, I'm still running CCC 13.12 from 2013 because the newer ones are that bad (and I can't be bothered; 13.12 works excellent for me.), it's the only reason I'm considering buying an nVidia card.

Back on Topic: I agree, something going wrong and you have to do a full re-install, hopefully Microsoft have a fall back though if in the case, the installation fails, though I'd rather wait still.
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:06:11 pm by Scobalula
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Lol this is why I don't let windows automatically install updates. Ever since they snuck in the windows activation shit that broke all the pirated W7 installs I've been paying more close attention to what I let them install.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Lol this is why I don't let windows automatically install updates. Ever since they snuck in the windows activation shit that broke all the pirated W7 installs I've been paying more close attention to what I let them install.

Since i have a legit copy of Windows i'm not worried about any update that destroys pirated versions. However, i am worried about the botched updates that are probably going to become more frequent thanks to Microsoft's new Windows Update policy BS that will be featured in Windows 10.

Basically Microsoft is going to use their customers as genie pigs so server admins will update their servers more often as they will be testing the updates before they are pushed to other versions of Windows 10.
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:36:50 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 15 March 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Signature
Have a good day!
SmoothCreamPie's Contact & Social Links
Crap, I accepted it already and now reading what everyone's saying I want to take it back. Is there a way to do this or is all hope lost?
Date Registered: 15 March 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
SmoothCreamPie's Contact & Social Links
^^Nevermind, I googled it  8)    :derp:
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Day 579: Just saw the "Get Windows 10" icon show up on my taskbar for the first time. Its like its watching me, waiting.  Just wanting me to click it....
Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:02:49 am by MZslayer11
Date Registered: 5 September 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I belive purple is getting me...
IperBreach86's Groups
IperBreach86's Contact & Social LinksIperBreach86
When it comes out whit that thing it will only download it (as written somewhere) so basically i will only downlaod it
and after some month (maybe one year) i will instal it  :troll:

I've made this just for you guys
Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:57:05 pm by IperBreach86
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
This update is Adware that will advertise the upcoming Windows 10 launch and will give you an option to "reserve" your download.
Might want to look up what adware is then...

"Adware is any software package that automatically renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author." (Source: Any remotely trusted online dictionary or wiki and being an IT student needing to know al lot of technical terms.)

1) Microsoft does not earn revenue from this, they're giving away the OS for free to current customers who own Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
2) They don't force you to click the icon in the system tray or even have the thing pop up at all, all they give you is a little notification that you can get Windows 10 for FREE.

I wouldn't click the "reserve your upgrade" button. If you plan on upgrading to Windows 10 you should wait for about half a year or so and wait for the bugs to be ironed out.
Reserving a copy will only have Windows 10 be DOWNLOADED and have you prompted whether or not you want to install it once it's available, they're in no way forcing you to install it.
As for the "you should wait until bugs are ironed out", that's what a technical preview is for...

If the upgrade fails you'll automatically be reverted to your old Windows. Don't know if you ever performed a Windows upgrade, guessing you haven't otherwise you would've known this.

To everyone:
Basically, ignore anything daedra said, click the damn "reserve your upgrade" button so you atleast are sure you have a copy when you actually want to install it.
Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:59:45 pm by JR-Imagine
Date Registered: 12 July 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Signature
This game is f***ed when PewDiePie starts playing it.
e0894ed4's Groups
e0894ed4's Contact & Social Links
Why update while fresh install is far better.
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
JR-Imagine's Groups
Why update while fresh install is far better.
Because some people have a lot of files and programs they would like to keep?
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Might want to look up what adware is then...

"Adware is any software package that automatically renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author." (Source: Any remotely trusted online dictionary or wiki and being an IT student needing to know al lot of technical terms.)

1) Microsoft does not earn revenue from this, they're giving away the OS for free to current customers who own Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
2) They don't force you to click the icon in the system tray or even have the thing pop up at all, all they give you is a little notification that you can get Windows 10 for FREE.

Automatically? So if an program comes up and says that your computer is infected and to buy & install a piece of software then it isn't adware? What is it then, a potato?

That was sarcasm. Of course its Adware.

As for the "you should wait until bugs are ironed out", that's what a technical preview is for...

Just because the people who are testing the preview have installed it successfully doesn't necessarily mean that everything will go smoothly at launch for everyone. And even if the initial install goes well, there could be many smaller glitches - like there are now in the current build when its almost RTM.

To everyone:
Basically, ignore anything daedra said, click the damn "reserve your upgrade" button so you atleast are sure you have a copy when you actually want to install it.

lol, they aren't going to run out. You can install it at any time after its released.
Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:14:57 am by daedra descent
Date Registered: 20 March 2015
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
dabadguy4273's Groups
dabadguy4273's Contact & Social Linksdabadguy4273
lol, they aren't going to run out. You can install it at any time after its released.

But I don't think it will be free when officially "Comes Out".

Either way though, I hate that Windows is turning into a phone OS. Or at least that's the way it looks. They shouldve kept the Win7 look of things, rather than making it "totally hip and easy to use brah".

As for adware. I F*ck it's mother AND father, with MBAM, AdwCleaner, and JRT at the first sign of shit-ware. :D
Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:10:37 pm by dabadguy4273

Loading ...