UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Thinking about changing case for more cooling.

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by MakeCents
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Well then, good luck at modding your case(:
And remember, there are more things that can go wrong than you could imagine :P

On this one for example I may eventually have slightly blocked all the sidefans ::)

Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Here is the final result. Added a 120 in the front and an 80mm with MC into the side for looks, my brother plasma cut for me

When I added an LED strip inside for more light it shut my psu down, lol, so that isn't getting added.
Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:08:08 am by MakeCents
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Here is the final result. Added a 120 in the front and an 80mm with MC into the side for looks, my brother plasma cut for me

(Image removed from quote.)

When I added an LED strip inside for more light it shut my psu down, lol, so that isn't getting added.

That MC plasma cut looks so cool :rainbow:

But I gotta say, the case looks a bit weird with the fan in the front of the case, lol.
Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:49:06 pm by Ramiabdh
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
That MC plasma cut looks so cool :rainbow:

But I gotta say, the case looks a bit weird with the fan in the front of the case, lol.

lol, thanks, and I think it may be the acorn nuts I used. I thought it would come out a bit cooler looking.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Thats some "killer" LED strip right there  :lol:
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Thats some "killer" LED strip right there  :lol:

Lol, right. POS PSU. I even upgraded it from 350 to 500. Or maybe something wrong with the strip, who knows.
Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:41:11 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
Lol, right. POS PSU. I even upgraded it from 350 to 500.
how does a 350 give enough power for anything at all o.O
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
how does a 350 give enough power for anything at all o.O

It's why I bought it, so cheap, + 50 bucks for a new PSU, done. What were they thinking... The video card alone recommended 350, lol. Hind sight, I could have went larger...
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
It's why I bought it, so cheap, + 50 bucks for a new PSU, done. What were they thinking... The video card alone recommended 350, lol. Hind sight, I could have went larger...
most retail pcs ive got hol of are about the same

Even my last one, guys like "oh you can upgrade the GPU no problem! as there isnt one included, the slots just empty, you can just pop any one we sell in and itll just GO, no other steps required"

me

3 weeks, several trips back to the shop with their PC and a GPU "bought from their shop" and £80 on a new PSU and upgrade to the fan...

They really need to teach their staff.... fuckers had to do it for free coz i already knew what he was telling me was bullshit lol

bare in mind this was bought when win 8 pcs were " a new thing" that hadnt been around more than a month or two

1. Windows 8 UEFI PC did not i repeat not want to work with ANY gpu, and ended up needing professionally fitting ( which even they fucked up 3 times ) - not so much a issue nowadays but back then? Really was. All the advice said i need to reflash the GPU to support UEFI, but i dare you to try explaining that to either the shop or the manufactorer - or even "have" a way to do that...

2. PSU was never going to be sufficiant

3. They had actually completely disabled the GPU slot in bios

4. Had to turn of fast/secure boot - therefore most of the new and wonderful reasons i bought WIN 8 - to even get it working

lol funniest thing was they took it the first time to fit it and made me pay, Had a power cut that day - guess what, no picture again, so had to go straight back

They were like "well were not responsible for power cuts" - me - "are you a fucking idiot? What kind of pc is fucking totalled after not being shut down properly! 3 hours after you - professionally upgraded it -"

lol oh boy that adventure was a nightmare.... lesson learned tho, theres a reason PCworld / Currys is voted the worst in customer service in the UK
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:19:51 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
So, all this, and I see my CPU is running anywhere between 27 and 60, not higher than 60, and I plan on upgrading the graphics card yet, and adding a cpu cooler, and.....

I went and bought a case anyway. I figured when I am done upgrading, I can just put the old parts back in the old case prob, lol.

Here is what I got, it's much wider than I thought it would be.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QMVKVAA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Fractal Design Define R5 Gaming Case

Hindsite, I'd recommend just getting a new, bigger case. I can still use some of the fans I bought, but it was really wasted effort, but fun none the less, I guess.

Double Post Merge: January 28, 2016, 05:03:23 pm
After installation:

My ram was too large for the new cpu cooler, which mounted perpendicular to the way I though it would, and I had to move the ram to the 3rd and 4th slot, not sure if that will be an issue, its working for now.
Now the new 140mm fans run below 400rpm, which keeps giving me warnings, hope that is normal, I assume move more air, run slower then... Idk.

Learning a lot I think. CPU is cooler. running in 20-45 range now instead of the 20 - 60. The CPU cooler and the SSD seem to see the biggest differences.
Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:03:23 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 2 December 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Khedryn's Groups
Khedryn's Contact & Social Links
A machine is built, tested, and later rated as the product is.
The larger PSU replacement is now creating more heat than the machine was tested/rated at.

A Proper/Efficient cooling system is crucial for anything especially a powerful machine. Even a stock machine becomes more powerful if you were to cool it 10-30 Celsius. Even though not physical. Heat is disruptive and bogs shit down. Cooling makes systems work much better un-interrupted.

This will also extend the life & durability of every component in the system.

Loading ...