How are we doing? What's planned?
I'd like to get an idea of how UGX-Mods is doing... how well are we serving our purpose for you?
What are we doing right? What are we doing wrong? What can we improve? Add? Change? Go ahead and reply to this topic with your thoughts!
We want to continue adapting to serve the ever-changing community that lives here and we can't do that if we don't stay in touch with you - the community
You might ask "what is UGX-Mods planning for 2017?" - great question. We want to finish the following projects:
- Release a redesigned and improved version of our forum design (Project UGXSMF, currently in beta for donators)
- Release a public version of UGX Launcher which supports WaW, BO3, and potentially other games as well, to rival Steam Workshop.
- Release a beta version of UGX Play, an online service for the UGX Launcher which can be used via a web browser like Steam
- Release some kind of simplifed and more usable online UGX Chat, or replace/remove it altogether.
- Increase the amount of servers we use to better handle the load of all of our users and services.
A Brief History
- UGX-Mods was created November 2010 by Co-Founders Andy 'treminaor' King and Jack 'WING3D' Dolley.
- June 2011, the first project of UGX, UGX Cabin was released. One of the first maps with objectives and difficutly setting.
- December 2011, the first version of the UGX Mod with the Map UGX Christmas was well recieved by the community.
- October 2012, map UGX Comosea was released with the UGX Mod.
- January 2013, the standalone release of the UGX Mod v1.0.3 for other maps created by the community.
- The UGX Mod was #74 in the "Mod of the Year 2013" contest on ModDB.
- January 2016, the UGX Mod was #35 in the "Mod of the Year 2015" contest on ModDB.
- October 2016, UGX Mod was released for Black Ops 3
We want to deliver the Ultimate Gaming Experience to everyone!
Besides producing high quality content, we ensure that the community can also create this amount of quality by delivering tools tutorials and help.
We try to constantly improve ourself and listen carefully to feedback from our fans.
What makes us unique?
- Over 6 years experience in Modding
- Large & active community with lot's of User Generated Content
- High Quality Maps created by UGX and by the awesome community
- Time saving tools, knowledge base and forum for modding
- Mod download tool, UGX Map Manager and soon replaced by the UGX Launcher