Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Errors Love Me
Ratchet's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Ratchet's Contact & Social LinksaG.RatchetmlgxratchetTweetRatchetRatchet_RSPRFCLeader
Hello Everyone!

I may be a noob to the custom zombies scene but I'm keeping myself busy learning everything I can. This map is my very first map. I started building it right after I installed all of the required mod tools (a week ago). I've hit lots of brick walls with production, such as the use of WWII weapons, dogs, risers, and the many failures I've faced with path nodes.

I would like to collaborate with more experienced users so that I can make my map more detailed and 'custom'. Right now I've been limiting myself to default and easy-to-obtain prefabs. The name "The Park" is more of a code name than anything as my map isn't just going to be a Park, it just happens to be the player spawn location. I am completely open to name suggestions. Just make them serious and cool sounding, like "Annihilation".

There's not much of a story as of yet, but I'm working on it. I'd like to make it derive from the original zombies story line but I think it would be much more interesting if I go another route. We'll see; it'll be much easier to come up with a story once I get more done with the mapping process.

I have a town, factory, and village planned for the remainder of the map but it's a pretty gray area right now. My map will likely be pretty large.

If you have any suggestions or want to help me, please let me know!

WEEK 1
Without further ado, here's The Park after 1 week of production:

Spoiler: click to open...

WEEK 2
I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on my map this week but I got done with about half of what I wanted to do. Most of my time was spent at work and college, and when I was working on my map I was having to fix something (black foliage, script errors, bad lighting, etc). I know it looks plain and it doesn't have a lot of detail, so I'm going to use the next week to finish it up. I'd like to mention that I have came up with an easter egg (not a buyable ending), a story, and a couple of cool features I'm looking forward to implementing.

WEEK 3
I spent my time this week doing some customization and detailing. I've also researched into custom models, weapons, and such. Unfortunately, I feel that my progress is getting slower and slower each week as I still didn't get all of the detail done like I had like to and the Grab-N-Go shelves aren't quite up to par yet. I'm still deciding how far I want to go with this map and I'm debating on working on something else temporarily. Next week, in my 1 month update, I'll release a video showing gameplay of what I have so far and an explanation of things to come.

Map Progress:
20%

This map is going to take me a long time to complete, probably finishing somewhere around fall 2014.
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:39:16 am by Ratchet
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 19 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
GrantDaddy007's Contact & Social LinksGrantDaddyGrantdaddy007
Awesome man! 8) Glad you got a start to your first map!

Take your time and don't rush... if/when you get frustrated take a break (hours/sometimes days) and come back to it! When you have questions do a quick search before you ask... Chances are someone has already asked it and the answer is posted.  Have fun! Looking forward to your progress!!

Side note- I usually recommend new mappers to start with a smaller map... just me though...  ;)
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
looks good so far, I love seeing new mappers on the scene.
Date Registered: 1 June 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
Signature
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3950067582.png

WaW - Nazi_zombie_candyland/Nazi_zombie_ascension2.0  90%-95% (Not completed)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_meth/Nazi_zombie_lamanai  100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_killswitch 100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_pax 100%  (complete + UGX 1.1 edition)
BO3 - zm_epping_woods 80%
iBarnett's Groups
iBarnett's Contact & Social LinksiBarnettiBarnettiBarnettCorey Barnett
Hey lookin good dude and yes take your time!! If your don't know something ask!! that was my biggest mistake when making maps. the whole radiant parts pretty basic but when it come to scripting (if your not familiar) ask some people before just changing or adding scripts!! hope it all turns out well! good luck
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Errors Love Me
Ratchet's Groups
Ratchet's Contact & Social LinksaG.RatchetmlgxratchetTweetRatchetRatchet_RSPRFCLeader
Week 2 Updated (1/12/14) !!!
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
The map is starting to take shape, and looks very respectable for a first map. Keep up the good work. :)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Since this is a park there are trees all over the map some small, some large but all pure evil. Even the zombies have fallen to the power of Tree-evil also known as Trevil! All the zombies are skinned to look like trees and you must destroy all the trees in the park and then go underground to destroy the roots. If you don't get to the roots fast enough the trees grow back. The Tree zombies will stop at nothing to keep you from your goal of de-forestation, but DON'T LET THEM! Tree's are evil, you know it and they know it. All of us at PFDA* are counting on you

* PFDA (People for the Frequent Destruction of All-trees)

Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:32:27 pm by tomikaze
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Errors Love Me
Ratchet's Groups
Since this is a park there are trees all over the map some small, some large but all pure evil. Even the zombies have fallen to the power of Tree-evil also known as Trevil! All the zombies are skinned to look like trees and you must destroy all the trees in the park and then go underground to destroy the roots. If you don't get to the roots fast enough the trees grow back. The Tree zombies will stop at nothing to keep you from your goal of de-forestation, but DON'T LET THEM! Tree's are evil, you know it and they know it. All of us at PFDA* are counting on you

* PFDA (People for the Frequent Destruction of All-trees)

I'm not too sure how you figured out my story, but I'm beginning to think that you're telepathic.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Errors Love Me
Ratchet's Groups
Week 3 Updated (1/19/14). Not too much new, but hey, it's something.

Loading ...