Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
REDRES's Groups
REDRES's Contact & Social LinksREDRESIIREDRESII
Dear zombie players, I'm glad to present you an absolute new concept of the best map style : A one window box map WITHOUT WALLS !

This could be funny for an april fool, so it's not.

Introduction

It's a remake of the multiplayer map in Modern Warfare 2, with an adapted layout for the zombie mode. This doesn't mean my map will not look like the original Skidrow. I made all the buildings with an extreme fidelity to the originals (the command cg_drawviewpos should be credited for this). I choose this map instead of a highly popular map map like Terminal, Highrise of Favela because Skidrow have a better basic layout especially for those who likes Verrückt. I made some tests with Terminal and Highrise, but nothing interesting resulted.

This is the first map I've started to create, but It's the second I've draw – for the plan. The first one should have a lot of details and complex shapes. Skidrow is much easier with his most perpendicular walls, and also easier (for me) to learn the distances in Radiant with a concrete example.

Gameplay / Features

My plans are based on the capacity of a map to include features that can be used for a casual/Funny and a competitive/challenging gameplay.
   For the first theme, the most important is to incite the players to stay together and letting them find their best « strategies » to reach 30+ rounds. Some good examples of map made by Treyarch are for me Der Riese, Ascension, and Buried. The first one is probably the best because it don't have the defaults of the two others : Ascension have a lot of space for running, dividing the players. We all remember to played this map with two random players who stays at the PhD Area with us, and a noob (maybe you  :troll:) who run near the Pack-a-Punch with his Mustangs. Also, just one entry to shoot, and much firepower makes Buried a dull map.
   I'm mostly focused on the second theme. My objective is a map with a high replayability for High rounds attempts and others challenges, like First Room, No Power, and maybe a Survival mode, but it should be harder to add. I prefer don't spoil more about this part. I'm actually not sure that all will go correctly. A long beta-test should demonstrate if my map is good, or a total failure...

Weapons

I've planned to make a map as close as possible to Black Ops 1, but with equivalent weapons from MW2/3. Some of them could be change in the future.

Spoiler: click to open...
M1911
44. Magnum
M9
M9 Dual Wield
MK14
M16A4
Aug HBAR
M4A1
F2000
FAL
Famas
AK-47

Uzi
MP9
MP5
UMP45
Vector
PM-9

Ranger
KSG 12
Model 1887
SPAS-12

Intervention
Barret .50

PKP
RPD

SMAW
Thumper

Crossbow
Ballistic Knife

Ray Gun
Zap Gun/Wave Gun – Yes, I know, it's not in accordance with the theme of the map, and I have no model or elements, so I'm on a good way to include it.
Monkeys

Perks

Juggernog
Quick Revive
Speed Cola
Double Tap
Stamin-Up
PHD Flopper
Deadshot Daiquiri
Mule Kick
Eight perks for a medium sized map, how original!
Pack-a-Punch

Others Buyables

Traps
Bowie Knife
Semtex
Gaymores

Preview / Progress

I'm making the map layer by layer. I'm currently putting the « basic » textures.

All of these screenshots have been taken in game with the fullbright because I've not started the lightning configuration. I Keep this for one of the last steps. This mean you should hear me crying in the helping section during the next months.

Fun fact : It took me 10+ hours to make this road.

This croquis should indicate how the final map would be. The seconds and third plans are just for balancing, don't pay attention of them.

Feel free to correct me. I've probably massacred the grammar in all the ways.  :facepalm:
broken avatar :(
Face to Face
Date Registered: 6 October 2013
Last active: 12 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Signature
Maya <3

Let's Play some osu!
MrDunlop4's Groups
MrDunlop4's Contact & Social LinksNelielexy0Nelielexy0CSMrDunlop4NelieleyNelielexy0Nelielexy0
What for a brilliant idea :)

Your second map look good so far.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I understood not much of that, but a Skidrow remake sounds like a cool idea. :P
Date Registered: 1 July 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
0zon3's Groups
0zon3's Contact & Social Links
Does Invisible Walls count? because well.. one of us may jump off the map for the lols.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
You gonna use the correct MW2 textures? Progress looks good so far O0
Date Registered: 6 March 2015
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
UGX Chat Moderator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I don't really know what to type here so....
Signature
MajorPwnege01's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
MajorPwnege01's Contact & Social LinksMajorPwnegeMajorPwnege1
Wow super cool concept cant wait for it to be released.
Date Registered: 10 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
REDRES's Groups
I understood not much of that, but a Skidrow remake sounds like a cool idea. :P

Is there some particular sentences that are not clear? I assume, my explanations are untidy; I will edit them later.

Does Invisible Walls count? because well.. one of us may jump off the map for the lols.

There is no invisible walls, and no death barrier. You just have to don't jump off the map, or you are not good enough to play this awesome one window box map without walls!
:troll:

You gonna use the correct MW2 textures? Progress looks good so far O0

Yes, and that's why a lot of textures are missing on my screenshots. There is nothing as fun as searching desperately the good one you need among hundred of textures in the .IWD
Also, I need to find how to make a no-colliding brush with the player and the AI (for windows and doors frames).
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Also, I need to find how to make a no-colliding brush with the player and the AI (for windows and doors frames).

Just select the brushes and right click/weaponclip. That way only bullet impacts stop on them :)
Date Registered: 29 August 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
Skidrow is one of my favorite maps of all time. Very excited to see how this turns out.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Looking quite good, can't wait to see what you can do with this one, maybe try and make it look more "zombie-ish" if that makes sense? :D
Date Registered: 18 October 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Mrhmh199's Groups
Mrhmh199's Contact & Social Links
looks good, keep up the good work  8)
Date Registered: 14 September 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
EliteSkillz61's Groups
EliteSkillz61's Contact & Social Links
I'm really looking forward for the map to be released ,and finally I found out why you were not uploading vids to your youtube! P.S I'm subscribed to your channel.   :P
Date Registered: 10 February 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
REDRES's Groups
Just select the brushes and right click/weaponclip. That way only bullet impacts stop on them :)

Thanks, again. I will post soon new screenshots with more details. A lot of missing textures should be added.

I don't think this will change ANYTHING at the gameplay of an boring one window challenge :gusta:

The one window challenges are actually the most fine, complex, and original design, but all of these maps have walls, and I've decided to remove them for bring to light the source of the game, like a simple point on a canvas. This is not mapping. This is Art. Also, I could make another version of this, more expressive. When I have to draw a point, I'm always thinking of the best place to place it, because it's a focussing place, but if I had to place a lot of equal points, their individual place should not matter, transcribed on a box room with randomly scattered risers spawns as known as the best map of all time.
:troll:

Looking quite good, can't wait to see what you can do with this one, maybe try and make it look more "zombie-ish" if that makes sense? :D

Visually, I want something close to the original, with just some textures of blood. I decided to don't set the map in the night, but maybe a crepuscular sky could be nice. I will test it, but later. For the moment, I have a lot a ugly brush to make in fullbright.  :rainbow:

I'm really looking forward for the map to be released ,and finally I found out why you were not uploading vids to your youtube! P.S I'm subscribed to your channel.   :P

Yes, it takes a lot of time to watching 15 times the same tutorial cause I don't understand everything mapping, and it's not the only reason. I'm trying to get a 100+ co-op without a disconnection. A huge quest...

Loading ...