My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
OH SNAP!

I'm pretty sure I have done it before too, I just couldn't remember, I think it comes from working in prefabs a lot. It becomes exponential.

8 per cube, how many cubes? Or how many ents added total since the 400+ you showed me? Were you over 1000 then? I'm just curious cause it hasn't been an exact science for me, but it seemed consistent around 1000 to do it.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:17:36 pm by MakeCents
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
OH SNAP!

I'm pretty sure I have done it before too, I just couldn't remember, I think it comes from working in prefabs a lot. It becomes exponential.

8 per cube, how many cubes? Or how many ents added total since the 400+ you showed me? Were you over 1000 then? I'm just curious cause it hasn't been an exact science for me, but it seemed consistent around 1000 to do it.
The number of cubes is secret. :-X But I can tell you that with 4 I didn't get gspawn and with 8 yes. ::)
And I didn't add anything after showing you the 400+ ents.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Ok, you made me force gspawn. :please:
Here it is. I added 8 script_brushmodels per cube and  tried to compile:

(Image removed from quote.)

When I close that console window, the compiler continues working. But then I can't even play the map because I get gspawn, obviously.
Weird, I've never seen that before, you must have an insane number of script entities. Have you tried making whatever it is you're doing into models instead of brushes?
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Weird, I've never seen that before, you must have an insane number of script entities. Have you tried making whatever it is you're doing into models instead of brushes?

I'm pretty sure he is stuck doing it that way, even if he made it a model because he would still need brushes for collision. But if he could make a model that had collision he might be okay to make them models. I know nothing about that though, and the models and stuff. JBird632 does though I think. I assume each cube is made up of at least 6 ents or does it count as one when you make a cube/box an ent and then cut it? So that would eliminate 5 there per cube. But he can also reduce ents with scripting, not using triggers as often, or at all, and modifying perk prefabs and such.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:06:36 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
why don't you just convert each room to models and add colmaps to them so that you can make the spawned entites much less than they are now? can't be too hard i think.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
OH SNAP!

its 1022 ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
I tried before to convert the cube to a model, but it... Well... I had to sacrifice it.
But anyway, each cube is only one entity. And, for example, I converted some brushmodels I was using to make some lights into models and today I had to convert the models into textures to save ents.
And for the perks, for example, I won't use any model. They will be just some brushmodels added to a cube entity.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
News:

I finished the doors (more or less). :D
I have to test them in multiplayer and maybe change some script stuff but here's a test of how they work (it may sound easy but it's been harder than you think) :D :

https://youtu.be/KdLoT26uDIE (I don't know how to embed videos).

There are some little "bugs" known: since the text isn't a hintstring, "&&1" didn't work and had to be replaced to "USE"; I think that sometimes the sound when opening or closing doesn't play (or it's played too low); and as you can see in the video, if the player opens the door, moves away and returns before it has been totally open, the door has just been blocked to avoid that the player gets stuck. I'll try to work on the script to fix it but that's what happens for the moment.

I'll update the Original Post tomorrow (it's too late for me now).

Credits:
    BluntStuffy (anim)
   MakeCents (part of the script)
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:16:17 pm by Soy-Yo
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
News:

I finished the doors (more or less). :D
I have to test them in multiplayer and maybe change some script stuff but here's a test of how they work (it may sound easy but it's been harder than you think) :D :

https://youtu.be/KdLoT26uDIE (I don't know how to embed videos).

There are some little "bugs" known: since the text isn't a hintstring, "&&1" didn't work and had to be replaced to "USE"; I think that sometimes the sound when opening or closing doesn't play (or it's played too low); and as you can see in the video, if the player opens the door, moves away and returns before it has been totally open, the door has just been blocked to avoid that the player gets stuck. I'll try to work on the script to fix it but that's what happens for the moment.

I'll update the Original Post tomorrow (it's too late for me now).

Credits:
    BluntStuffy (anim)
   MakeCents (part of the script)

if your hint is a hud elem you need [{+activate}] instead of &&1
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
if your hint is a hud elem you need [{+activate}] instead of &&1
Good thing to know. :D

I've taken some snapshots of the map at the moment (textures and that kind of stuff might change and also I want to change zombie models and add some weapons).

Also, I'll try to fix the door's lightning issue.

Now I'm going to fix some scripting bugs and start testing the cube movements. When I finish this I'll post a video of how it works and then I'll add perks, box and stuff and release first beta.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
News:

Cube moving system seems to work perfectly. I'll need to test some stuff to make sure everything is ok, but for now everything looks fine. They move randomly so every game will be different and makes the map even harder. :D
Here's a video of how it works:

Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:34:05 pm by Soy-Yo
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Looks good man. Coming together.
Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:33:16 pm by MakeCents
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
so now the boxes move, you can easily access all doors, and zombies can spawn. but how are you planning too do weapons. are they going too randomly spawn, or are you going to have wall buys? or something else entirely?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Looks good man. Coming together.

Thank you. :)

so now the boxes move, you can easily access all doors, and zombies can spawn. but how are you planning too do weapons. are they going too randomly spawn, or are you going to have wall buys? or something else entirely?
Actually, I didn't think really much of it. I planned to have like two or three non-moving boxes and some wall weapons in some cubes. But I don't know at the moment. Any ideas are welcome, but keep in mind that I have some limitations with entities.
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Looking great, hyped for release :)+

Loading ...