Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
How are you hitting that? What specifically is causing it? Is it saying you have too many scriptable brushes?
I hit that when I added the doors, because every door is made by 4 entities and there are 6 per cube.
I think it's because the number of script_brushmodel entities, because I had hit before the 19600 limit of script_brushmodels, but I had like 300 hundred entities. And now I can have 1500 easily.
I will try making the doors just by one brush so I'll reduce the number of entities by four but I would like to try other things before because I like the way the doors open.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I hit that when I added the doors, because every door is made by 4 entities and there are 6 per cube.
I think it's because the number of script_brushmodel entities, because I had hit before the 19600 limit of script_brushmodels, but I had like 300 hundred entities. And now I can have 1500 easily.
I will try making the doors just by one brush so I'll reduce the number of entities by four but I would like to try other things before because I like the way the doors open.

If the error is scriptable entries, there are a couple ways to get around it. The best one will require help from a animator. Animating the doors will make it one ent for the model and one for the clip. Other things such as a custom door script that doesn't use triggers, or that uses only one trigger for both sides can help too. Custom zombie entry points, and using script structs instead of script origins as much as possible helps.
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
If the error is scriptable entries, there are a couple ways to get around it. The best one will require help from a animator. Animating the doors will make it one ent for the model and one for the clip. Other things such as a custom door script that doesn't use triggers, or that uses only one trigger for both sides can help too. Custom zombie entry points, and using script structs instead of script origins as much as possible helps.
The point is that I am already using a custom door script and I don't have any script structs or origin.
I need a script because every single of the 4 parts of the door moves to a different corner at 45 degrees. The trigger will open the door of the cube you are and the door of the next cube. And then, when you get out of the "bridge" that connects the two cubes, the doors close.
So if there's any possibility to do something similar but only with one model it'll be great.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
The point is that I am already using a custom door script and I don't have any script structs or origin.
I need a script because every single of the 4 parts of the door moves to a different corner at 45 degrees. The trigger will open the door of the cube you are and the door of the next cube. And then, when you get out of the "bridge" that connects the two cubes, the doors close.
So if there's any possibility to do something similar but only with one model it'll be great.

Yup, that would be with an animated model. I use a similar door opening method as you with only three pieces, but I use structs to be the destination of the door pieces so I can use the same prefab over and over, with the same script. If I get into trouble with ents, I will ask someone to make two or three models with animations for open and close. I'm not the expert on that so I will design my script however they can animate things, setting model and playing anims as needed. I'll send you a script I tweaked from codmodd that counts things then, so you can keep an eye on things. Not at pc now.

count stuff script, works when ads
Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 08:48:13 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Yup, that would be with an animated model. I use a similar door opening method as you with only three pieces, but I use structs to be the destination of the door pieces so I can use the same prefab over and over, with the same script. If I get into trouble with ents, I will ask someone to make two or three models with animations for open and close. I'm not the expert on that so I will design my script however they can animate things, setting model and playing anims as needed. I'll send you a script I tweaked from codmodd that counts things then, so you can keep an eye on things. Not at pc now.

count stuff script, works when ads
Thanks for the script. :)
I get this, but it's the previous version (without doors) because I couldn't compile the new one.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
allents 825
active_script_model 380
active_easyfx 0
active_scriptorigins 2
active_scriptbrushmodels 355
active_vehicle 0
active triggers 7
allnodes 567
newzombies 4
And I didn't think in structs when I made the doors. It would have made my work much easier and the script would be more simple. :D
Anyway, I'm not sure and maybe I'm wrong but I can't do door prefabs because I need to get the next door to open it as well.
I believe I only have two options now: make the doors with only one piece and pray to not to hit the limit again or find an animator.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Thanks for the script. :)
I get this, but it's the previous version (without doors) because I couldn't compile the new one.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
allents 825
active_script_model 380
active_easyfx 0
active_scriptorigins 2
active_scriptbrushmodels 355
active_vehicle 0
active triggers 7
allnodes 567
newzombies 4
And I didn't think in structs when I made the doors. It would have made my work much easier and the script would be more simple. :D
Anyway, I'm not sure and maybe I'm wrong but I can't do door prefabs because I need to get the next door to open it as well.
I believe I only have two options now: make the doors with only one piece and pray to not to hit the limit again or find an animator.

No prob, codmod told me to share with people. I just haven't gotten around to tweaking how I want yet to actually add it to the dl's.

Yeah..., if you are almost done, you might be okay, but if you have much more to do, your ents are pretty high. Usually if I get above 920, I get gspawn in hi rounds. Anything over 1000 usually does it, and zombies can spawn quite a few ents as they explode. 24 zombies * 1 or 3 ents, adds possible 70+ at any given time. I don't know if it means something or if it just usually happens that way, lol.

I do doors differently since I use prefabs. I have another script and it uses a struct in the center of the door. The script gets all the structs for all the doors and associates the closest structs to those doors. When those doors are opened it uses the info I put in that struct to handle everything, like script_flags, sounds, fx, or whatever I want.

I don't know the details of your map or how it works, so I can't direct you very well, but I can try to offer alternate solutions if your running into trouble with something. One other possibility, and this could be a difficult one, is to make the door opening an fx, and one for closing too. Then you can just have one door ent, hide it, and bring it back after it closes. I've never done that one before, but I have added models to fx before. You are prob talking a complete door redesign that way. But animating a model would be the best way prob, and the easiest to incorporate other than just making them one ent brush.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
But animating a model would be the best way prob, and the easiest to incorporate other than just making them one ent brush.
Ok. I've just tried to do the animation by my own, but then I remembered I have no idea of using Maya. :P
So if there is any animator here, please, help. :-[ I'll be very grateful.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Ok. I've just tried to do the animation by my own, but then I remembered I have no idea of using Maya. :P
So if there is any animator here, please, help. :-[ I'll be very grateful.

If you have an idea of what you want (in terms of an animation) and have a model I can do the anims for you.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
If you have an idea of what you want (in terms of an animation) and have a model I can do the anims for you.
Thank you so much! :)
I don't have the models, but they are just simple squares. And yes, I have the idea of the animation because I've made the script. It's really simple (I think; for me it is almost impossible :D). I'll PM you the details.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Scobalula told me he can't finish the doors. So I need someone that wants to make the doors animation for me. ::)
EDIT: Never mind this, I found tutorials and saw it was easier than what I thought. :D
Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:07:01 pm by Soy-Yo
Date Registered: 3 February 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
The Power of 115 hahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature
Hello I'm Toxic Richtofen and I'm a proud zombies fan. I have everything practically memorized from easter eggs to other information as well. I am also the leader of my own zombie killing clan: 115Warriors. I hope we can get along and can't wait to play the intriguing maps to come.
i kinda like the idea of moving rooms since it'll give it a unique twist to the map when playing
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
i kinda like the idea of moving rooms since it'll give it a unique twist to the map when playing
Glad you like it. 8)

NEWS: I've just created custom shaders for every perk. I changed the icon of almost all of them, so hope they make sense to you and you like them. :)
Shaders

And if you think some of them could be better designed, just tell me the design you would use. :)
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
All look ok and nice, except for Jug, a star seems a bit weird. Why not add the pharmacy sign, the one with a cup and a snake as a suggestion?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Does it look better?

The snake is really thin, I don't know how it'll look in-game, but I'll try to make the shaders bigger so the details will be more visible.
Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:31:55 pm by Soy-Yo
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Does it look better?

(Image removed from quote.)

The snake is really thin, I don't know how it'll look in-game, but I'll try to make the shaders bigger so the details will be more visible.
some book i read ages ago on making art "stand out" in places, suggested using shadowing

like this

around points of interest, obviously whatever colour suits rather than red lol. Maybe that could help?

Loading ...