Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
Signature
"Just because we have the biggest hammer, doesn't mean every problem is a nail!"
WhiskyLima's Groups
WhiskyLima's Contact & Social Links
Story:

A small squad of allied soldiers are holding a small church in the countryside, miles away from civilization. The commanding officer instructs the squad to hunker down for the night and intercept any enemy forces trying to move east through the area. Initially everything seems quiet but soon, they think they are being ambushed and take positions to counter the attack. It's not until they actually see the enemy they realize they are not being attacked by the living, but by the dead.

Idea:

So this is the idea behind my map. For now it's not going to be too complex and will be quite a small map based inside a church. Zombies will spawn outside the map and will make there way in from the outside. I'm thinking of having some kind of 'ending' but i'm not yet sure.

There will be three levels to the compact map and the whole thing will be set in world war 2.

This is my first official map and only my second map project so bare with me guys, it might not be the most amazing map, but I will do my best to make it as perfect as possible.

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 30 June 2014
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Welcome i am killingerk
if you like my videos please like and subscribe for more.if you guys like me to make a video I will make it.
if you need help on one of my video ask in the comments or add me i will help you if the link doesn't work tell me I will fix it.
Have fun play game and more be save by .
cool  ::)
Date Registered: 6 August 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Hiya!
Eggies's Groups
Eggies's Contact & Social LinkstiyoushiXelasto
Pretty cool map, looks like it's going to be pretty epic.

Also I was wondering, what is the name of those rails at the top of the screenshot? Are they in the xmodel section?
Date Registered: 9 August 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
Hey Thanks guys, yes the railings are simply in the xmodel folder they are called static_berlin_stair_railing. I think they will be staying in the map but there is a good chance the chair will be changed to something else. I have basically put a few things in so I can get a good feel of the flow and the scale of the map from the get go.

Here is a closer look at those posts:

Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
Hey guys, Little update: I have been working on a basement for this map which will be accessible via a buyable door behind the alter. I also have two staircases which lead to the upper balcony level but I wonder if there should be buyable debris there too, it seems like too small a map if there are not at least 3 or 4 buyable areas right? The problem is that both stair cases lead to the same place as you might be able to tell from picture one. I was thinking of having debris on both sides so if you wanted to run a train, you'd have to buy them both.. any suggestions?

Double Post Merge: September 19, 2015, 04:59:35 pm
Thought I would share some textured images, Not much has changed other than that but this gives you a better idea of the feel of the map. I will more than likely end up replacing some or all of these textures with either other stock textures or maybe some custom textures. Who knows.

I should probably mention that crazy looking window too hu? Well its not staying. Im going to make either a model or a prefab to go in the wall which will be a stained glass window (to keep with the theme). I was going to make it round like this but this is too big and reall was just placed so I can position my moonlight to cast onto the floor of the church
Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:59:37 pm by WhiskyLima
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Pretty cool map, looks like it's going to be pretty epic.

Also I was wondering, what is the name of those rails at the top of the screenshot? Are they in the xmodel section?
tip - keep asset viewer open while your working in radiant

Then you can look through all available models and use the "search" feature at the top to narrow down ;)
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
tip - keep asset viewer open while your working in radiant

Then you can look through all available models and use the "search" feature at the top to narrow down ;)
Yeah good suggestion, though personally I have been using Tom's XModel Utils since Asset Viewer is rather slow and for some reason not all models show up sometimes. But either will work. :)

I find Asset Viewer to become and issue when you start adding a lot of models to it, which I know we all do. :P
Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:06:20 am by Scobalula
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
Guy, where is the Asset Viewer? I have been using Radiant on for a couple of months and I still haven't been able to find it...
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Guy, where is the Asset Viewer? I have been using Radiant on for a couple of months and I still haven't been able to find it...

In Launcher
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Yeah good suggestion, though personally I have been using Tom's XModel Utils since Asset Viewer is rather slow and for some reason not all models show up sometimes. But either will work. :)

I find Asset Viewer to become and issue when you start adding a lot of models to it, which I know we all do. :P
See i find the opposite, assviewer always works, and pretty fast ( prob just due to my I7 tbf ) but toms thingie always does these random errors for me

* Some models wont load at all, and if i select one, no model will load again until i close and reopen the program
* Most models come up with no textures, not all, but a lot. And i did move the images when i installed it and all that
* The view gets moved some how and refuses to move back? lol hard to explain, but when it does that i cant do anything, i think its to do with my multi monitor display, as seems to happen when i move it from one screen to another, then minimize it

But yea, as you said, either or, whichever you prefer i guess :)
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
There is a limit to the amount of models you can see in Asset Viewer, mine goes up to about the letter 'R' now. So anything 'below' that I need to use Xmodelutils to see. It's the same thing as the texture limit in Radiant.
Date Registered: 18 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Limits like fear are often an illusion.
Signature
freefire1990's Groups
Lets hope the map will be as good as the concept
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
Thanks, I'm thinking about changing the name slightly however to "The Graveyard Shift", Thoughts?

At the moment I am working on the layout of the map, how the different zones will be accessed and what weapons / perks etc. are laid out in the map and which perks come first and which come later (suggestions welcome on perk order). There is also likely to be an additional room or possibly a small group of rooms which are on the ground floor but still not worked out where or what yet.

At the moment my biggest issue is that this is a small map and it needs to be kept interesting by adding buy-able areas which lead to better weapons and perk machines. The problem I'm facing is that all the areas I can think of to make buy-able come from the main room and therefore can all be accessed from the very start, does anyone have any suggestions about how to get round this? Is it possible to make some doors inaccessible until the power has been activated for example?

Cheers for reading guys
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Thanks, I'm thinking about changing the name slightly however to "The Graveyard Shift", Thoughts?

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2480.msg23728.html#msg23728

40 keks
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I Love Games Me!
WhiskyLima's Groups
Ok Not that name then, thanks for the heads up!

Loading ...