Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
FreeFall's Groups
FreeFall's Contact & Social Linksfreefall1151joebob59FreeFall115
So i got all the textures from BO2, and the only problem i have is that the green camo doesnt really look like the one in BO2
I would like to know if this effect is even possible in WAW?

WAW:

BO2:
Marked as best answer by FreeFall 8 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
They have options in their assman that we do not, and use colour "detail" maps to allow repeating textures over a colour map ( ie, the markings on the 115 camo )

Its cant be replicated the same in waw, you can get it fairly close tho

origins camo is actually impossible. We cant generate a heat map, or whatever map they used to apply the massive "spot" that is on the camo, unless you do it in phtoshop - but even then its still not correct

theres a variety of texture maps that waw does not support. that more modern games do, they use these to apply those interesting effects. So we are limited in waw as we cant do this at all, and have to do "home made" versions usuall edited to hell in photoshop and stuff
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:35:12 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
What harry said is pretty much what you need to know.

The closest effect that you can get to replicate the BO2 camo is to copy the color map and tweak it to a little different color and save it as a specular map. That way it will change color when light hits it.
Date Registered: 24 June 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
FreeFall's Groups
They have options in their assman that we do not, and use colour "detail" maps to allow repeating textures over a colour map ( ie, the markings on the 115 camo )

Its cant be replicated the same in waw, you can get it fairly close tho

origins camo is actually impossible. We cant generate a heat map, or whatever map they used to apply the massive "spot" that is on the camo, unless you do it in phtoshop - but even then its still not correct

theres a variety of texture maps that waw does not support. that more modern games do, they use these to apply those interesting effects. So we are limited in waw as we cant do this at all, and have to do "home made" versions usuall edited to hell in photoshop and stuff
Well, it was worth a shot. Guess I'll try some editing and see how close I get. :P

At least I found how to make a repeating texture ;)
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:15:01 am by FreeFall
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
What harry said is pretty much what you need to know.

The closest effect that you can get to replicate the BO2 camo is to copy the color map and tweak it to a little different color and save it as a specular map. That way it will change color when light hits it.
even thats not always enough, as the colour map follows the UVs, which is often stretched with camos like weaponized 115. But colour detail maps you can specify the "repeat". So Instead of the image covering the whole gun, ou can set its vertical and horizontal repeat, which makes it smaller and repeat more

the only way to do this with a colour map really is to copy paste the image 4 ( or however many ) times into a new image, and use that ( but itll be 4 times the file size and memory usage ofc )

duno why your talking about spec maps tho lol, would only see that in reflections etc. Not ideal. out of light itll lose its colour
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:24:39 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 9 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
lilrifa's Contact & Social Linksskypeuser724lilrifalilrifa
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Looks like bo3 thought lmao
mate i cannot wait for the BO3 assman... im dribbling at the thought right now

I will spend weeks - possibly years churning out camo after camo for you lot lol
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
duno why your talking about spec maps tho lol, would only see that in reflections etc. Not ideal. out of light itll lose its colour
That's why i said "closest." Reason being because light can change the color, but indeed will remove if there's no light hitting it.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
the point of the camo is the decals are bright "regardless" of where it is tho ( equivilent of unlit ), so if they dont show up in the dark, its not really close lol

we havent even touched on the "glassy" look either lol
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:35:59 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Well, it was worth a shot. Guess I'll try some editing and see how close I get. :P

At least I found how to make a repeating texture ;)
(Image removed from quote.)

Which doesnt work 100% :P
Date Registered: 24 June 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
FreeFall's Groups
I literally took a snapshot of the camo in-game and made a texture from it. Here's how it turned out.

I know it wont have the same effect like BO2, but it looks close enough ;)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I literally took a snapshot of the camo in-game and made a texture from it. Here's how it turned out.

I know it wont have the same effect like BO2, but it looks close enough ;)

As long as your happy with it, thats all that matters ultimately :)
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
ohh really? u seriously think its like that? its a combination of certain material types that we already have. We can make our own material type, and ray1235 has already looked into the combo, I dont know how far he got, but its just a combo of diffrent material types :D i doubt the bo3 mod tools will have that defaultly in it. It seems like a 2 time thing and then got rid of it. also last time i checked there isnt a single geat map on that weapon

also to keep something lit while in a shadow, u use the unlit material type

by combining the unlit with normal maps I was able to make a accurate motd ghost viewhands
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:28:12 pm by liamsa669
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
im fully aware and have replicated ( close to ) a "lot" of the BO" camos, but you "can not" get them exact

but we cant use "heat maps" or "environmental" maps in waw.... which it uses....

and it does use a heat map, just like the retriever does because i found "both"

nor can we repeat the "colour map" which it also does

not can we add the spot light unless we physically add it to one of the images - which looks totally wrong

or has it just "never" been done in the history of custom zombies for "no reason" and we never need better tools apparently...

all ray did was use the mtl_reflexsight material - which makes everything red - and is still not corect. But "closer", and it only "shines" because he use $identitynormalmap

unlit also ignores "specularity" - another issue
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:10:20 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
im fully aware and have replicated ( close to ) a "lot" of the BO" camos, but you "can not" get them exact

but we cant use "heat maps" or "environmental" maps in waw.... which it uses....

and it does use a heat map, just like the retriever does because i found "both"

nor can we repeat the "colour map" which it also does

not can we add the spot light unless we physically add it to one of the images - which looks totally wrong

or has it just "never" been done in the history of custom zombies for "no reason" and we never need better tools apparently...

all ray did was use the mtl_reflexsight material - which makes everything red - and is still not corect. But "closer", and it only "shines" because he use $identitynormalmap

unlit also ignores "specularity" - another issue
i could have sworn he had a better way after that. That was his first attempt if i remember correctly, but he improved upon it i think

Loading ...