Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I've been adding a lot of weapons to my map recently and I've been running into some problems. If you can help me out, let me know!

1. Some weapons do not get included into the map, seemingly at random. For example, I have included all weapons in _zombiemode_weapons, dlc3_code, and MAPNAME.csv. Most weapons work except for a few exceptions. When I go up to the wall to buy the spas, for example, it takes my money and gives me literally nothing. Other times, when I triple PaP the M72 Law, the third time it gives me nothing back. There are no errors when compiling the map that pertain to missing weapons.

2. All intended weapons show up in box, but some do not give me the weapon. This is in rare cases with only a few, seemingly random weapons. The model shows up in the box but I receive no weapon when I press 'use'.

3. Some reload/re-chamber sounds do not play. Once again, this is only for a select few weapons. I have included ALL the sounds and sound aliases and included the correct lines in mod.csv in launcher. The scavenger does not have any sound what so ever.

4. Some weapons that I assign 2,3, or 4 round burst become full auto. I thought this may have to do with Rate of Fire, but I made a burst weapon that shot really fast as a test (0.00000000009 firetime lol) but it worked perfectly.  ???

5. Bam's most recent version of Mule Kick only gives me a third weapon when I use the box. Not for wall buys.

I would like to note that I am using UGX Weapon Editor (Biblical program, absolutely love it). Also, these problems did not occur when I added these weapons to a test map a while ago. Seems like more are popping up as I add more weapons. (109 weaponfiles according to my mod's weapon folder.) If I can provide any another information to help you help me, let me know.  ;)
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
4. Some weapons that I assign 2,3, or 4 round burst become full auto. I thought this may have to do with Rate of Fire, but I made a burst weapon that shot really fast as a test (0.00000000009 firetime lol) but it worked perfectly.  ???

If you are referring to the burst weapons becoming full auto/having a slow fire rate in the final set of bullets in the mag, the lastfiretime must be set to 0 and then fireTime is whatever the fire rate is for your gun (for example, the M16 from BO1 uses 0.064 for the fireTime).
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
If you are referring to the burst weapons becoming full auto/having a slow fire rate in the final set of bullets in the mag, the lastfiretime must be set to 0 and then fireTime is whatever the fire rate is for your gun (for example, the M16 from BO1 uses 0.064 for the fireTime).

No I mean that its alwaysfull auto, no matter how much ammo.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
'lastfiretime' doesn't exist in any WAW weapon files, it's only present in BO1 weapon files onwards, are you sure this fixes the last mag burst fire bug?

Edit: Just tested and it actually appears to work  :o + fucking 1  :nyan:

2nd edit: It appears to work on some guns, but not all.. :-\
Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:50:42 am by steviewonder87
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
For burst weapons to work, you need to do them via Asset Manager
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Regarding 1 & 2, it sounds like you don't have the weapons precached - Usually you can't give a weapon or set a model without it being precached before load or atleast if you ran your map in developer it would complain about it not being precached.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Regarding 1 & 2, it sounds like you don't have the weapons precached - Usually you can't give a weapon or set a model without it being precached before load or atleast if you ran your map in developer it would complain about it not being precached.

Do all the weapons need to be precached or just ones that are messed up? Where exactly do I precache?
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
Do all the weapons need to be precached or just ones that are messed up? Where exactly do I precache?
yes. you precache by putting the
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weapons,sp/ppsh
in your map csv
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weapons,sp/ppsh
in your map csv

I have that in zone_source/nazi_zombie_MAPNAME.csv because it seems to allow more weapons than putting it in mod.csv, unless thats whats causing problems. Ill put the missing weapons in there and see if it works.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra

Any weapon added to _zombiemode_weapons.gsc is automatically precached. However, just for the sake of testing try adding this to the top of you mapname.gsc in main():

Code Snippet
Plaintext
PrecacheItem( weapon_name );

Code Snippet
Plaintext
weapons,sp/ppsh
in your map csv

That is NOT how you precache a weapon. All that does is tell the compiler to grab all of the weapons assets(models, anims, fx, etc) instead of having to include them individually. Precaching is done by script.
Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:19:01 am by daedra descent
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Any weapon added to _zombiemode_weapons.gsc is automatically precached. However, just for the sake of testing try adding this to the top of you mapname.gsc in main():

Code Snippet
Plaintext

That is NOT how you precache a weapon. All that does is tell the compiler to grab all of the weapons assets(models, anims, fx, etc) instead of having to include them individually. Precaching is done by script.
Adding on top of this how precache weapons work for zombiemode is from the function add_zombie_weapon.

You need to do this to load the weapon into the map, include_weapon() is for adding it into the box.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups

Code Snippet
Plaintext

Where exactly in main should I precache it? Top of main? Bottom of main? somewhere in between?
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Use the function add_zombie_weapon instead of manually precaching it. By doing add_zombie_weapon you'll be able to use include_weapon so it can be added into the box. It'll also give less errors when you actually try to use it in game.

Also side-note: if you added the weapon into your mod.csv and IWD (by ticking it), if you do give weaponname and get the weapon that means the gun is loaded into the map but you can't give by script as it's undefined by script, so precaching it will make it work.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Where exactly in main should I precache it? Top of main? Bottom of main? somewhere in between?

before everything else(very top). You can't precache after _load.

Use the function add_zombie_weapon instead of manually precaching it. By doing add_zombie_weapon you'll be able to use include_weapon so it can be added into the box. It'll also give less errors when you actually try to use it in game.

Wait what? Just preaching the weapon won't give you errors...  :gusta:

But yeah you need to use add_zombie_weapon and include_weapon either way. They are required for wall weapons and the box obviously.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
I actually just got the missing weapons working by moving 'weapon,sp/WEAPONNAME' from root/zone_source/MAPNAME.csv (Where I have all other weapons) to mod.csv. Didn't even need to precache. Thanks for your help.

Loading ...