or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - gympie6

Is there any ways to move or spawn nodes through scripting?  I have a ship that moves from one location to another with negotiation and path nodes and I need them to move along with the ship.
I don't think that's possible but I have another solution for you. 

Place the pathnodes as path of the ship where zombies can walk.
Make the ship dynamic and you are done.
5 years ago
Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,MITH,,all_sp
so it should look like this right
sound,aliasHERE,,all_sp
also my song file and folder show up in modbuilder and is checked won't let me upload the screenshot without a url link im not wasting my time uploading it i dont use "social media" so i have nowhere to dump it anyway but its all showing up and is ticked but still nothing there has to be something im just not understanding about all this
dosent have to be
sound,folder/alias,,all_sp in the mod csv

Double Post Merge: July 09, 2019, 01:19:38 am

also when i do finally get this working if i ever do lol how would i go about adding more sounds to the alias to be used will it just play all the sounds when the egg is done or can indivual sounds be called like say i added some sound fx to the mix later using asylum as a reference there are all the sounds fx and music in the csv is there a way to do this kind of thing without it just randomly playing them all i know im probably a pain in the rear but i dont get the whole csv thing i can code c++ okay but other things like csv and csc whatnot i dont really get
as i mintioned before i used the header from asylum csv and for the egg i copied the mx_egg line and modifyed it to match my alias and folder location
 Ok
5 years ago
i have it like this duno if this is wrong it was from a tutorial on YT
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//The Egg Has Been Completed So Now Do Something
not_egg_finished()
{
           players = getPlayers();   
for(i = 0; i < players.size; i++)
  {
  players[i] playSound("MITH");
     players[i] iPrintLnBold("You Moron, You Ruined My Plans!!");
}
}

this is the working code
Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,file,platform,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,,isbig

MITH,Song\MITH.wav,,,1,1,,,,,,,full_vol,,,0,,,,,,,2d,streamed,,,,,,,,,,music_all,,,,,,0,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
sound alias
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// Zombie Mode Stuff
include,zombiemode
include,zombiemode_dogs
// Zombie Mode Strings
localize,zombie
// Mod Strings
localize,mod
// Edited Loadout For Zombie Heroes
rawfile,maps\_loadout.gsc
// Edited LastStand For Deep Water Like Sumpf
rawfile,maps\_laststand.gsc
// Edited For Developer_Script
rawfile,maps\_debug.gsc
// Updated Menu File For Pause Screen Map
menufile,ui/objective_info.menu
stringtable,maps/mapsTable.csv
sound,Song\MITH
i have it like this ill try with (all_sp) i did it with (all_mp) before and that didnt work for me either
could the sound not be converting right or something i used audacity newest version i believe and coverted to unsigned 8 bit pcm and removed tags as directed
The last one is wrong.
You have to add your soundallias file to the modbuilder not your song.

--------------------------------------------------
5 years ago
Feel kind of strange making a review without beating the map, after giving it several tries and think the best so far is in the 30s
here's my pros and cons and overall of this map
pros:
main menu is great
 double pack is great and rare in maps, even better its not just bo3 style repack its new camo, more ammo
I liked the generators
The banzai zombies are funny and interesting
The maps overall aesthetic is interesting (although sadly I can't record on it because all that snow kills my fps)
Many wide open area fantastic training spots and camping
Added perks are interesting and sometimes useful
cons:
weapons:
personally the weapons could use a bit more variety from other games
weapon glitches:
The cm-90 animation while running is glitchy with fov 90
acr run animation is also glitchy at fov 90
Map glitches:
had a moment when I got into the elevator and while it was moving got stuck in the corner and couldn't move
Map itself:
The cave is so dark you need nearly max brightness to see something (which was probably on purpose)
The underground area with that green pit, oh I was so pissed when I fell in there (so pissed in fact I said oh screw it loaded up my mod menu, +infinte points, frozen zombies, and went exploring, I did take off the mod menu for later tries)
The pap area, why do zombies spawn in there, its almost impossible to pap unless you have like 1 zombie left at end round
zombies:
Why, why did you have to add nova zombies!
I hate nova zombies, part of the reason I can't play kino
also why the engineer as a boss, that feels a bit generic since most maps have him
The teleporter I don't quite understand his role much
overall:
fun:7/10
replay:6/10 (for the ee/high round)
difficulty6/10
style:7/10
zombie types:7.5/10
weapons:5.5/10
weapon repack:6/10
layout:8/10
(could easily see myself getting to high rounds just matter of time and not turning the power on)
Eey mindcraftvid1 thanks for the feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed the map.
I see there were some problems with the cm-90.
Normally it isn't cod's intention to play the game at fov 90 but I gave the players the option to do it.
I am afraid the weapon isn't good ported but I liked the weapon.

About the glitches and darkness I am thinking about to release a new version of Snowblind where these two biggest problems would be solved.
Not sure if I am going to do that because I have to release Bayern soon, the next map of the series.

I added nova's because I liked them very much but I guess a lot of people hate the crawlers and the zombie boss.
Well I thought it would really fit the map (zombieboss and crawlers) and make it more difficult for players to play the map.

The stalker zombies (teleport zombies) were added to scare the players.
The map is really huge and with these guys around you would be surprised when they teleport near you and that was my point haha. :)
Otherwise I think the map would be too easy to play?

The next map will be better with good weapons and more custom zombies!
If you want to take a peek: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/zombie-maps/5/w-i-p-bayern-new-perks-and-new-custom-zombies/16949/msg160643#msg160643

Thank you again for playing my map. :)
5 years ago
i fixed it but still no music when i do the egg but the for works fine now
Alright that's a good start.

For the steps I will place basic pictures about how to add the soundeffect.

This is what I did for example about adding the PlaneOver soundeffect, maybe you missed one of three parts?
Also don't forget to the soundeffect and add the soundallias. (sound,yourSoundAllias,,all_sp)

I hope this helps. :)
5 years ago
Hello! I'm new to scripting and I wanted to create a door that opens when, in my map, three perk bottles are shot. However,
after following this tutorial I'm only left with this (taken from console):
Code Snippet
cpp
"undefined is not an object: teddy_1_trigger waitill ("trigger")
What did I do wrong? :buck2:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
trig = getEnt("YourTriggerName","targetname");
trig waittill("trigger");

It's waittill("trigger") not waitill("trigger");
5 years ago
Okay, what you are saying makes sense however my knowledge on how to write code isn't the greatest. What would a line of code look like that would "check  which weapon the player is holding"?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
trig = getEnt("nothing","targetname");

while(1)
{
        trig waittill("trigger", player);
        weapon = player getcurrentweapon();
        if(weapon == "bowie")
        {
            // do stuff
            break;
        }
        wait(1);
}
This is how you can do it in Cod World at War
5 years ago
okay so i been working on a sound EE and after about a month of research trial and error i got the code in the gsc functioning only problem is when i comlete the egg my sound doesnt play now im not sure if it has to do with how im calling the code in the gsc or if it is the csv i coverted the song to mono removed tags converted it in launcher copied that file from raw sounds to mods i used the header from asylum for the csv and took the mx_egg line and edited it to match my sound alias i personally am leaning to it being a csv issue as all the gsc code works just not the playSound part so here these are the scripts also i have the song in mods/mapname/Song and in the raw/sounds/Song and again in sound_assets/Song i just don't understand what i am doing wrong
Code Snippet
Plaintext
not_egg_finished()
{
player = getplayers();
iPrintLnBold("You Moron, You Ruined My Plans!!");
player playSound("MITH");
}
//now the sound alias code
name,file,platform,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,,isbig

MITH,Song\MITH.wav,,,0.42,0.42,,,,,,,full_vol,,,0,,,,,,,2d,streamed,,,,,,,,,,music_all,,,,,,0,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
I think I see what the problem is.
You are trying to play a sound on players but the function only works on one player.
This is what you have to do:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
players = Getplayers();

for(i = 0; i < players.size; i++)
{
     players[i] playsound("MITH");
     players[i] iPrintLnBold("You Moron, You Ruined My Plans!!");
}

5 years ago
Hey guys!

Question is as the title says it. I was wondering how to write a line of script that makes it so you have to use only the bowie knife in order to enable a trigger damage? I am wanting the player to have to cut a chord in the map, but I want it so that only the bowie knife can cut the chord. Any help would be much appreciated!
 I don't know how it works in bo3 but I know how to do it in waw.

In code you have to get the trigger, when the trigger fires you have to check which weapon that player is holding. If it is the weaponName bowie knife you can let him do the rest of the code.
5 years ago
hi all
i am working a map  that i need to save game some area.is it possible to create quick save or manually save game to start game after die from last place that saved?
Hard to say, there are some scripts in the raw/maps about (Quick) saving the game. But if you want to use it for zombies I think you have to add the loading menu in your mod and experiment with the save game functions.
5 years ago
I am using this tool for a few months now and I must say it's a really good tool!
I recommend this to anyone and I really want to thank this man for saving me a lot of time! :)
5 years ago
I need download to quick revive plz.
Well quick revive is already included in the moddingtools of cod waw and this is an update on it.
5 years ago
I have tried downloading and placing the file in my mod folder multiple times, however when I load up the map, I am unable to play due to a slew of texture glitches. I have no clue what is causing it
If that happens it is best to disable or remove T4M before playing this mod.
5 years ago
It's being a long time and I am about to release the BETA version of Bayern!!!
Grab your guns and go slay some zombies!!

www.mediafire.com

If you guys find any bugs or pathing issues please report it here!
(The beta version has being changed. if you downloaded the previous version please redownload it again, link has being updated!)

5 years ago
I seen to be having a problem with eye glowing continuing after death. I followed the tutorial foudn here:
https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripting/50/glowing-zombie-eyes/2872

Here is the relevant code found within my
_zombiemode_spawners.gsc file:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// When a Zombie spawns, set his eyes to glowing.
zombie_eye_glow()
{
if( IsDefined( level.zombie_eye_glow ) && !level.zombie_eye_glow )
{
return;
}

if( !IsDefined( self ) )
{
return;
}

linkTag = "J_Eyeball_LE";
fxModel = "tag_origin";
fxTag = "tag_origin";

// SRS 9/2/2008: only using one particle now per Barry's request;
//  modified to be able to turn particle off
self.fx_eye_glow = Spawn( "script_model", self GetTagOrigin( linkTag ) );
self.fx_eye_glow.angles = self GetTagAngles( linkTag );
self.fx_eye_glow SetModel( fxModel );
self.fx_eye_glow LinkTo( self, linkTag );

// TEMP for testing
//self.fx_eye_glow thread maps\_debug::drawTagForever( fxTag );

PlayFxOnTag( level._effect["eye_glow"], self.fx_eye_glow, fxTag );
}

// Called when either the Zombie dies or if his head gets blown off
zombie_eye_glow_stop()
{
if( IsDefined( self.fx_eye_glow ) )
{
self.fx_eye_glow Delete();
}
}
The glowing eyes just stay there even after the zombie despawns. It's a rather old issue that I have, so I thought I would get around to fixing it.
What I did to fix this problem is keep searching for the glowing eyes and delete it.
openup _zombiemode_spawner and search this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
zombie_death_event( zombie )
at the end of the method add this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
wait 0.5;
while(1)
{
if ( IsDefined( zombie.fx_eye_glow ) ) zombie.fx_eye_glow Delete();
else break; // I think return; also works