or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - gympie6

I think you forgot to compile, MAPNAME_patch
For the rest would say, follow the steps again to look for mistakes.
4 years ago
Hi thanks for the response. With the Notepad editing version you suggesting, am I editing thompson or the zombie_thompson or the zombie_thompson_upgraded file. Thanks
If you want to change the thompson with the default camo it's: zombie_thompson
Upgraded / Pack-A-Punched version it's:
zombie_thompson_upgraded
4 years ago
I think your problem is something else related.
To help you with renaming the weapon you can do it two ways:
1. Open the weaponfile with notepad
2. Using the UGX WeaponsEditor

Just rename your displayname for results.
4 years ago
As said here: https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Modtools+Installation+Guide

HumorModTWO
mp_HumorModTWO
usermaps
mp_usermaps

are not important for modding, you can remove these mods.
It won't cause any problems to your mod.
4 years ago
It can be a few things:
1, I am not sure if your soundalias is right, if you aren't using a default one then pick one or use the one below the reply.
2, The range is really low, set it to 8000 or something.
3, You can also try this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
radio = getEnt("radio1", "targetname");
playsoundatposition("radio1", radio.origin);
For one of my maps I used this soundalias to make it working, you can copy it if you like:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
radio_song1,radio_songs\radio_song1.wav,,,0.8,0.8,125,500,,,,,music,,curve3,0.8,3200,,curve1,1,1,,3d,streamed,,,0.4,,,,,,,,,,,,,0.25,,,,,,50,50,0.15,0.85,,
I also got a fight before with sounds... Hard to say what it is.
I hope this will help you.
4 years ago
Alright but in your code it's:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
radio = getEnt("radio1", "targetname");
and in radiant it's actually:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
radio = getEnt("radio1/2", "targetname");
Check your kvp's and scripts again if something doesn't work.
Or use this to check if your radio can be found:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if ( !IsDefined(radio1) )
{
    iPrintLnBold("Radio not found!");
}
4 years ago
Is your radio a scriptmodel?
4 years ago
Hi there,

I have recently added radios to my map and for some reason the sound/music will not play after activating the radio trigger.

I have converted the sounds correctly, ticked them in the IWD file list  etc.

This is the script in the mapname.gsc
Code Snippet
Plaintext
radio1()
{
    radio = getEnt("radio1", "targetname"); //this is the radio model that the sound will come from
    radio_trigger = getEnt("radio1_trigger", "targetname"); //the trigger that you will use to start the sound

radio_trigger setCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");
        radio_trigger UseTriggerRequireLookAt();
        radio_trigger setHintString("Press &&1 to activate radio"); //remove this if you don't want a hintstring

for(;;)
    {
        radio_trigger waittill("trigger");

if( level.radio_playing == 0 )
        {
            level.radio_playing = 1;
            radio_trigger disable_trigger();

radio playsound("radio1");

wait 330; //change this to the length of your sound

radio_trigger enable_trigger();
            level.radio_playing = 0;
        }

if( level.radio_playing == 1 )
        {
            iprintln("Please wait until other radios have finished playing");
            wait 5;
        }
    }
}
This is the soundalias
Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,file,platform,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,,isbig

#2d sounds
radio1,radios\radio1.wav,,,1,1,,,,,,,music,,,0,,,,,,,2d,streamed,,,master,,,,,,,music_all,,,,,,,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,
radio2,radios\radio2.wav,,,1,1,,,,,,,music,,,0,,,,,,,2d,streamed,,,master,,,,,,,music_all,,,,,,,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,

#3d sounds
#radio1,radios\radio1.wav,,,1,1,50,200,,,,,music,,,0.8,1800,,curve0,1,1,,3d,streamed,,,,,,,,,,,,,100,200,0.5,0.25,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,
#radio2,radios\radio2.wav,,,1,1,50,200,,,,,music,,,0.8,1800,,curve0,1,1,,3d,streamed,,,,,,,,,,,,,100,200,0.5,0.25,,,,,,90,90,0.25,1,,

#full_vol - for sound effects
#music - for music
#voice - for dialog
Would anyone know what is wrong?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated
- ERAWEX
may I see your mod.csv plus I want to know if that "iprintln" is showing you text.
4 years ago
Hi guys , I'm wondering if any of you might be able to help on this.

World at War zombies (fresh install from CD + manually patched to 1.7 & using the latest LanFixed.exe) crashes on several occassions which can be replicated nearly 100% of the time.

Here are the areas in which it crashes:
 1) When a game finishes and the party returns to lobby, launching a new match causes a full crash for the host (no matter who is hosting) & disconnects for the others. To get around this we have found that leaving the lobby and making a new one will avoid the crash but this is certainly not something that should be happening. This occurs on both the standard maps and the modded ones, there is no map for which this does not happen.  Does anyone have a fix / solution?

2) When a match ends, sometimes the game crashes for the host before returning to lobby, this does not happen all of the time.

3) Some of the modded maps work on single player but hosting a lan lobby shows no custom menu, instead showing Semper Fi. Launching most of these games results in a crash for everyone, though there are exceptions.

Does anyone have a solution to avoid these crashes? My friends and I are enjoying playing Zombies during the lockdown but there are a lot of hoops we've had to jump through to get things working.

The lan service we are using is RadminVPN. I do not believe it is related to the LanService but at the same time I don't remember these issues when Tunngle was around.
1. It's an old game, maybe you can try running it with compatibility mode of windows XP?
2. I had that problem too and it's hard to say what is causing that crash. You can try answer 1?
3. You need to change the map to the mod map, Semper Fi is not supported and will crash the game because it can't handle the mod.
4 years ago
can i get banned for using t4m on world at war? i am very curious and i dont wanna get banned
sorry im new on this
I never saw or heard anyone that's banned by using this amazing tool.
I think the worst it can get is that you are getting kicked from a server maybe?
Punkbuster was not that accurate at that time with cheaters.

I use the tool sometimes for modding and never got banned by using it.
4 years ago
:aw_yeah: :awesome_dance: :rekt:
Sorry i just wanted to test these.

Double Post Merge: March 20, 2020, 10:07:51 pm

Hi
Fabulous!

:cool_doge:
4 years ago
Nope you have to be a man and stand up for yourself.
If you don't like it just leave the lobby.

Some guys are just kids I guess.
4 years ago
In the map Zombie Town *the one with the Arcade games) from the UGX manager, there is a track called Martyrs. What is the name of the band that plays it?
It's from the map undead town and tried to help you finding the song but no luck.
4 years ago
looks good, but to bad the easter egg steps dont work
I love it that people don't even read the author's description of the map.

4 years ago
To answer your question almost all the mod files are saved in the C:Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\ folder except the solo loading screen video's.

If you also want to backup these go to the C:rogram Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\main\video folder.
4 years ago
Loading ...