Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
I love zombies and you.
sethizftw's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
sethizftw's Contact & Social Linkssethizftw2SethizftwSethizftw
So I have been having this issue for way too long and I cannot fix it for the life of it. The number of times I have scrapped This room and rebuilt due to issues is ridiculous. Anyways this is the problem.

Problem: I make the brushes needed and then rotate them to match the rotation of the wall. After working on this for awhile I save and exit radiant. The very next time I go on radiant it screws up all the brushes that were rotated. I have tried 2 different ways to rotate it like the "Independent Arbitrary Rotate Tool", manually rotating it in the viewer and rotating it in the grid. I use a mixture of the 3 and have tried to save it different ways.

Here's a video on Google drive to demonstrate on what is going on:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFZ1zVn6pkGNUh3eUxlbndhUk0/view?usp=sharing
broken avatar :(
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 13 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
yup, radiant has never been able to handle brushes at angles, so stupid, just use prefabs, so make the brush and detail in  prefab at a standard angle, then rotate the prefab in map
Date Registered: 19 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
sethizftw's Groups
sethizftw's Contact & Social Linkssethizftw2SethizftwSethizftw
yup, radiant has never been able to handle brushes at angles, so stupid, just use prefabs, so make the brush and detail in  prefab at a standard angle, then rotate the prefab in map
You are a savior. Thank you so much!
Date Registered: 11 November 2016
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Treyarch Developer
My Groups
More
More
CornrowWallace's Groups
Treyarch Developer
CornrowWallace's Contact & Social LinksCornrow_Wallace

Not necessarily true. You just need to make sure said rotated brushes are snapped to the grid before exiting your prefab, or radiant may try to do it automatically and ruin them.
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 13 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
Not necessarily true. You just need to make sure said rotated brushes are snapped to the grid before exiting your prefab, or radiant may try to do it automatically and ruin them.

would he be able to snap the brush to gtid, for a brush at any angle of a pentagon? does it not only work for 45 degree angles?
Date Registered: 11 November 2016
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Treyarch Developer
My Groups
More
More
CornrowWallace's Groups
Treyarch Developer
CornrowWallace's Contact & Social LinksCornrow_Wallace
You can snap anything to the grid, the question is how accurate will the angle be after. It might be slightly off, but better to be a little off & on the grid that perfect and off the grid.
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
hi did not watch the video but, why are you rotating anything? the prefab way is great for rotating anything on any axis but You could make 0.25 grid and just press E on a fresh brush and realign it manually, it would never have been in that spooky non-grid-area to deform itself later. if people can make arches and pipes out of brushes you will be just fine manipulating 4 edges for a decent solid savable floor.

however if you cut a brush enough times on different edges it can also end up what i like to imagine inverted because it behaves the least bit of what you actually expect so be careful of what you save after cutting things or rotating.
Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:24:42 pm by RadimaX

Loading ...