broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 1 January 2020
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
PositiveGamerz's Contact & Social Links
So i was doing some mapping and added the ak74u to my map and got the 400fx assets issue, so i spent some time trying to fix it
couldn't figure it out so i re-added my map (cause i saved a backup of the mod) and still got the error, so i downloaded the ugx asset counter
and it says i have 109 - 400fx used, but yet one of my other maps have 131 fx and still works,

been stuck on this for a few days now so if anyone knows of a way to fix this please let me know! :) (im guessing i'll probably have to re-install my mod tools :()
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
Date Registered: 19 June 2018
Last active: 18 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
cpt_johnson1's Contact & Social Links
Thats because there are multiple files you have to look in to remove/ comment out unused fx. https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/mapping/12/the-asset-counter-is-a-lie/8323/ Look at Jbird's answer, this should answer your question :)
Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:42:59 pm by cpt_johnson1
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Thats because there are multiple files you have to look in to remove/ comment out unused fx. https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/mapping/12/the-asset-counter-is-a-lie/8323/ Look at Jbird's answer, this should answer your question :)
Is there even a slight chance my map might just be broken? cause why would i still get the error even when i reverted it back to a backup i had?

Also i tried your suggestion and it didnt seem to work (unless ive just done something wrong)

But i also tried this https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/modding/52/400-fx-error-limit-easy-fix-with-dl-updated-4-22-15/5311/
the other day and removed like almost every fx i could and still got the error.
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
The problem is that you have to compile the map because everything you compile is from the zone_source.
So instead of using the modbuilder compile the map and see if that gives you results.
Date Registered: 19 June 2018
Last active: 18 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
cpt_johnson1's Contact & Social Links
Is there even a slight chance my map might just be broken? cause why would i still get the error even when i reverted it back to a backup i had?

Also i tried your suggestion and it didnt seem to work (unless ive just done something wrong)

But i also tried this https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/modding/52/400-fx-error-limit-easy-fix-with-dl-updated-4-22-15/5311/
the other day and removed like almost every fx i could and still got the error.
I havent done zombie mapping in a while now, so I had to call in my friend gympie to help you :)
Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:27:33 pm by cpt_johnson1
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
The problem is that you have to compile the map because everything you compile is from the zone_source.
So instead of using the modbuilder compile the map and see if that gives you results.
Yeah ofc i compiled the map but still get the issue
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
I don't know how much stuff you added to the map.

You can comment stuff in the following files:
zombiemode.csv (If you comment include,flamethrower in that file you also get extra fx slots)
dlc3.csv
MAPNAME.csv

You have to comment a lot in order to make your map playable.
After you compiled the map a couple of times and got it working you can try to uncomment a few for the ones you want to keep.

You can also go over to use T4M but that's your last save.
Marked as best answer by PositiveGamerz 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
I don't know how much stuff you added to the map.

You can comment stuff in the following files:
zombiemode.csv (If you comment include,flamethrower in that file you also get extra fx slots)
dlc3.csv
MAPNAME.csv

You have to comment a lot in order to make your map playable.
After you compiled the map a couple of times and got it working you can try to uncomment a few for the ones you want to keep.

You can also go over to use T4M but that's your last save.
Thank you for the suggestion ill see if it works, im just very confused why it wouldn't work even tho i reverted it to a backup i had

Also ive only added the five sevens, m14 from mw3, the mauser and my ak74u

Double Post Merge: December 29, 2020, 11:01:22 pm
So i removed some fx and removed the m1 grand the gewehr43 and the m1grand with launcher and it seemed to work!

Thank you so much gympie6 & cpt_johnson1 for the help, this was really annoying :)
Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:01:22 pm by PositiveGamerz
:thumbsup-smiley:1

Loading ...