Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Hi guys,

I have been making a map and have come across a few issues that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

The main issue that I have encountered is with a 3 weapon bug that is rather strange. It appears to happen when you buy a mixture of wall and box weapons together but doesn't happen if you buy just wall weapons or just box weapons. When you buy a mixture of both it causes the player to have 3 weapons. I'm not too sure if it is relevant but I am using Harry's latest perks in my map but removed the mule kick prefab from the map as I did not want to use the perk. The second issue that I am encountering is with powerups.

When the player picks up a power-up such as Double Points, Max Ammo etc. there appears to be no voice sounds that are normally heard. I am using the default _zombiemode_powerups.gsc script and have only changed nukes and carpenter to work with double points and to be instant nuke. If you guys could help with these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the help. 8)
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Hi guys,

I have been making a map and have come across a few issues that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

The main issue that I have encountered is with a 3 weapon bug that is rather strange. It appears to happen when you buy a mixture of wall and box weapons together but doesn't happen if you buy just wall weapons or just box weapons. When you buy a mixture of both it causes the player to have 3 weapons. I'm not too sure if it is relevant but I am using Harry's latest perks in my map but removed the mule kick prefab from the map as I did not want to use the perk. The second issue that I am encountering is with powerups.

When the player picks up a power-up such as Double Points, Max Ammo etc. there appears to be no voice sounds that are normally heard. I am using the default _zombiemode_powerups.gsc script and have only changed nukes and carpenter to work with double points and to be instant nuke. If you guys could help with these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the help. 8)
i think you used the scripts but didn't disable the machine. It's harry's perks so he knows about them more then me.
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
i think you used the scripts but didn't disable the machine. It's harry's perks so he knows about them more then me.
Do you have any idea how I would go about disabling the machine? :P
Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:31:56 pm by 007makis
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Do you have any idea how I would go about disabling the machine? :P
it's in his _zombiemode_perks.gsc i think just change the true to false.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I don't know Harry's scripts, but I double it thinks you have mule kick once in a while. It would most likely have to do with the way he is tracking how many guns you have. Either it is a bug you have found, or perhaps something not implemented correctly where you can buy a weapon or the box, but that is just me guessing if this ^ doesn't work.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
I don't know Harry's scripts, but I double it thinks you have mule kick once in a while. It would most likely have to do with the way he is tracking how many guns you have. Either it is a bug you have found, or perhaps something not implemented correctly where you can buy a weapon or the box, but that is just me guessing if this ^ doesn't work.

I believe that I have disabled mule kick in _zombiemode_perks but I am not quite sure if I have done it correctly as the issue is still occurring. Is there anything else that I could do? It's strange because it only happens when a combination of wall weapons and box weapons are purchased. Thanks again for the help, really need to get this resolved.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
in my script, make sure youve set this line to your start pistols weapon file name

only having 3 guns available, im guessing you use the zone source files i included, in root/zone_source/dlc3.csv youll see i commented out all the waw guns. You need to uncomment them and recompile map and build mod. I removed them to bring you under asset limits - there may also be sounds commented out here, explaining your powerups vox not playing

there is a big improvement coming for my perks soon, but its not ready yet, so if you cant resolve this just remove it, and the new version ( which will be a lot easier to use ) will be along soon
Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:16:11 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
in my script, make sure youve set this line to your start pistols weapon file name

(Image removed from quote.)

only having 3 guns available, im guessing you use the zone source files i included, in root/zone_source/dlc3.csv youll see i commented out all the waw guns. You need to uncomment them and recompile map and build mod. I removed them to bring you under asset limits - there may also be sounds commented out here, explaining your powerups vox not playing

there is a big improvement coming for my perks soon, but its not ready yet, so if you cant resolve this just remove it, and the new version ( which will be a lot easier to use ) will be along soon

I have changed the script to the start weapon I am using but the issue is still there. I'm not too sure you understand what the issue is though, it's not that I only have 3 weapons in my map, it's that I am able to get three weapons without mule kick when buying a mixture of wall weapons and box weapons. Do you have any ideas about that?

Love the work btw Harry, keep it up! Thanks for the help!
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I have changed the script to the start weapon I am using but the issue is still there. I'm not too sure you understand what the issue is though, it's not that I only have 3 weapons in my map, it's that I am able to get three weapons without mule kick when buying a mixture of wall weapons and box weapons. Do you have any ideas about that?

Love the work btw Harry, keep it up! Thanks for the help!
yes

My box uses a custom give gun function to limit you to 3 guns

The wall guns do not

You would need to edit the wall weapons scripts
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
yes

My box uses a custom give gun function to limit you to 3 guns

The wall guns do not

You would need to edit the wall weapons scripts
That's where the issue must lie then? I don't want to have 3 guns so can I change that 3 gun limit to a 2 gun limit? Will that stop the issue from happening? That way only players can have 2 guns instead of the 3 that you have added to the box  script?
Marked as best answer by 007makis 8 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
That's where the issue must lie then? I don't want to have 3 guns so can I change that 3 gun limit to a 2 gun limit? Will that stop the issue from happening? That way only players can have 2 guns instead of the 3 that you have added to the box  script?
all you need to do is change over the function

in zombiemode_weapons, theres threee instances of "give_weapon" that you need to change

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player weapon_give( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade ); 

this one for example, line 2058 for me, you would just change to

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player maps\_harrybo21_utilities::harrybo21_give_gun( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade );

that one is the wall weapons if memory serves

if you want mule kick to work, id suggest downloading my perk pack, as this is all connected
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:14:00 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
all you need to do is change over the function

in zombiemode_weapons, theres threee instances of "give_weapon" that you need to change

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player weapon_give( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade ); 

this one for example, line 2058 for me, you would just change to

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player maps\_harrybo21_utilities::harrybo21_give_gun( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade );

that one is the wall weapons if memory serves

if you want mule kick to work, id suggest downloading my perk pack, as this is all connected
THANK YOU! 3 weapons problem fixed :D, now its just the power up sounds bug :) Does anyone know how to fix it? Also thanks again!!!
Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:51:41 pm by 007makis

Loading ...