UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: 007makis on February 19, 2016, 04:44:01 pm

Title: 3 weapon and power-ups bug. Please aid
Post by: 007makis on February 19, 2016, 04:44:01 pm
Hi guys,

I have been making a map and have come across a few issues that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

The main issue that I have encountered is with a 3 weapon bug that is rather strange. It appears to happen when you buy a mixture of wall and box weapons together but doesn't happen if you buy just wall weapons or just box weapons. When you buy a mixture of both it causes the player to have 3 weapons. I'm not too sure if it is relevant but I am using Harry's latest perks in my map but removed the mule kick prefab from the map as I did not want to use the perk. The second issue that I am encountering is with powerups.

When the player picks up a power-up such as Double Points, Max Ammo etc. there appears to be no voice sounds that are normally heard. I am using the default _zombiemode_powerups.gsc script and have only changed nukes and carpenter to work with double points and to be instant nuke. If you guys could help with these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the help. 8)
Title: Re: 3 weapon and power-ups bug. Please aid
Post by: Tim Smith on February 19, 2016, 06:05:51 pm
Hi guys,

I have been making a map and have come across a few issues that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

The main issue that I have encountered is with a 3 weapon bug that is rather strange. It appears to happen when you buy a mixture of wall and box weapons together but doesn't happen if you buy just wall weapons or just box weapons. When you buy a mixture of both it causes the player to have 3 weapons. I'm not too sure if it is relevant but I am using Harry's latest perks in my map but removed the mule kick prefab from the map as I did not want to use the perk. The second issue that I am encountering is with powerups.

When the player picks up a power-up such as Double Points, Max Ammo etc. there appears to be no voice sounds that are normally heard. I am using the default _zombiemode_powerups.gsc script and have only changed nukes and carpenter to work with double points and to be instant nuke. If you guys could help with these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the help. 8)
i think you used the scripts but didn't disable the machine. It's harry's perks so he knows about them more then me.
Post by: 007makis on February 19, 2016, 06:57:21 pm
i think you used the scripts but didn't disable the machine. It's harry's perks so he knows about them more then me.
Do you have any idea how I would go about disabling the machine? :P
Post by: Tim Smith on February 19, 2016, 08:40:46 pm
Do you have any idea how I would go about disabling the machine? :P
it's in his _zombiemode_perks.gsc i think just change the true to false.
Post by: MakeCents on February 19, 2016, 08:53:25 pm
I don't know Harry's scripts, but I double it thinks you have mule kick once in a while. It would most likely have to do with the way he is tracking how many guns you have. Either it is a bug you have found, or perhaps something not implemented correctly where you can buy a weapon or the box, but that is just me guessing if this ^ doesn't work.
Post by: 007makis on February 21, 2016, 05:26:39 pm
I don't know Harry's scripts, but I double it thinks you have mule kick once in a while. It would most likely have to do with the way he is tracking how many guns you have. Either it is a bug you have found, or perhaps something not implemented correctly where you can buy a weapon or the box, but that is just me guessing if this ^ doesn't work.

I believe that I have disabled mule kick in _zombiemode_perks but I am not quite sure if I have done it correctly as the issue is still occurring. Is there anything else that I could do? It's strange because it only happens when a combination of wall weapons and box weapons are purchased. Thanks again for the help, really need to get this resolved.
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 22, 2016, 06:15:05 am
in my script, make sure youve set this line to your start pistols weapon file name

(https://gyazo.com/68ca4ee94b7f11993cce478a18666f69.png)

only having 3 guns available, im guessing you use the zone source files i included, in root/zone_source/dlc3.csv youll see i commented out all the waw guns. You need to uncomment them and recompile map and build mod. I removed them to bring you under asset limits - there may also be sounds commented out here, explaining your powerups vox not playing

there is a big improvement coming for my perks soon, but its not ready yet, so if you cant resolve this just remove it, and the new version ( which will be a lot easier to use ) will be along soon
Post by: 007makis on February 22, 2016, 07:02:18 pm
in my script, make sure youve set this line to your start pistols weapon file name

(https://gyazo.com/68ca4ee94b7f11993cce478a18666f69.png)

only having 3 guns available, im guessing you use the zone source files i included, in root/zone_source/dlc3.csv youll see i commented out all the waw guns. You need to uncomment them and recompile map and build mod. I removed them to bring you under asset limits - there may also be sounds commented out here, explaining your powerups vox not playing

there is a big improvement coming for my perks soon, but its not ready yet, so if you cant resolve this just remove it, and the new version ( which will be a lot easier to use ) will be along soon

I have changed the script to the start weapon I am using but the issue is still there. I'm not too sure you understand what the issue is though, it's not that I only have 3 weapons in my map, it's that I am able to get three weapons without mule kick when buying a mixture of wall weapons and box weapons. Do you have any ideas about that?

Love the work btw Harry, keep it up! Thanks for the help!
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 22, 2016, 08:01:04 pm
I have changed the script to the start weapon I am using but the issue is still there. I'm not too sure you understand what the issue is though, it's not that I only have 3 weapons in my map, it's that I am able to get three weapons without mule kick when buying a mixture of wall weapons and box weapons. Do you have any ideas about that?

Love the work btw Harry, keep it up! Thanks for the help!
yes

My box uses a custom give gun function to limit you to 3 guns

The wall guns do not

You would need to edit the wall weapons scripts
Post by: 007makis on February 23, 2016, 12:50:04 am
yes

My box uses a custom give gun function to limit you to 3 guns

The wall guns do not

You would need to edit the wall weapons scripts
That's where the issue must lie then? I don't want to have 3 guns so can I change that 3 gun limit to a 2 gun limit? Will that stop the issue from happening? That way only players can have 2 guns instead of the 3 that you have added to the box  script?
Post by: Harry Bo21 on February 23, 2016, 12:13:17 pm
That's where the issue must lie then? I don't want to have 3 guns so can I change that 3 gun limit to a 2 gun limit? Will that stop the issue from happening? That way only players can have 2 guns instead of the 3 that you have added to the box  script?
all you need to do is change over the function

in zombiemode_weapons, theres threee instances of "give_weapon" that you need to change

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player weapon_give( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade ); 

this one for example, line 2058 for me, you would just change to

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player maps\_harrybo21_utilities::harrybo21_give_gun( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade );

that one is the wall weapons if memory serves

if you want mule kick to work, id suggest downloading my perk pack, as this is all connected
Post by: 007makis on February 23, 2016, 10:50:58 pm
all you need to do is change over the function

in zombiemode_weapons, theres threee instances of "give_weapon" that you need to change

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player weapon_give( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade ); 

this one for example, line 2058 for me, you would just change to

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player maps\_harrybo21_utilities::harrybo21_give_gun( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade );

that one is the wall weapons if memory serves

if you want mule kick to work, id suggest downloading my perk pack, as this is all connected
THANK YOU! 3 weapons problem fixed :D, now its just the power up sounds bug :) Does anyone know how to fix it? Also thanks again!!!