Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
YaPh1l's Contact & Social Links
On a properly-calibrated monitor, the gamma in your map is far too low. The contrast is so drastic that I can't even see where I'm going before turning the power on, even with Brightness set to full.
We aimed to make the map freaking damned dark, so I guess we succeeded. We had 12 people test the map and nobody complained that it was too dark to not see anything. So we didn't really think it could be as dark as you described, when all our testers played with brightness at roundabout 30-40%.

Second thing that I was disappointed with is the monotony of the map style. I understand that it's a prison, and all prison cellblocks are the same, but more than 60% of the map is a copy of itself, which gets really repetitive when exploring.
Yeah, that's kinda the problem when making a real-life place which looks the same and repetitive. The next map will be fictional, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I was also sad to see dog rounds were included in this map, as personally I think they are just annoyances. Dogs kill you too quickly and run faster than you, which makes it almost an inevitable death if you don't have a shotgun in low rounds.
Some hate dogs because the eff you up, others love them for the "free" ammo. That's everyone's opinion and we decided to add them. Maybe we won't in the next map, maybe we will. I don't know yet.

Another thing was in my opinoin, you should have utilized the objectives system already in place for CoD singleplayer; having to run back to the center room to remind myself of the current objective gets pretty bothersome.
I actually didn't think somebody would need the objective reminder button more than one or two times, as the objectives are pretty straight-forward. Well, that's just my opinion and ofc I know them because of the many times I tested them... They aren't really that important at all, you don't have to do them in order. Only at some point, I think the switches, power is required. But you can collect keys before you activate it and completely ignore what it says to be your objective. It's just some sort of guidance. But yeah, we'll see what ideas we have for the next map.

Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate that.

- Phil.

Post Merge: April 04, 2013, 07:11:22 pm
I've just got the brilliant idea: Why not use the CoD obejctive system for the v1.1 release? Working on that now.

- Phil.
Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:11:22 pm by YaPh1l
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
The difficultly scale on the rounds is way too high - if you die after about round 10 you're done for the rest of the game.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Well, we haven't increased zombie health, count or speed, it's DR default.
Also, you respawn near your teammates, they can give you money and weapons.
Your teammates can buy you a pause for 120 seconds (you respawn when the pause starts).
There's several spots where you have one way with significantly less zombies coming than the other.
I don't see what else I could do to without making it too easy, I guess it depends on your strategy as well.

By the way: v1.1 uploaded, link in first post.

- Phil.
Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:13:45 pm by YaPh1l
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Well, we haven't increased zombie health, count or speed, it's DR default.
Also, you respawn near your teammates, they can give you money and weapons.
Your teammates can buy you a pause for 120 seconds (you respawn when the pause starts).
There's several spots where you have one way with significantly less zombies coming than the other.
I don't see what else I could do to without making it too easy, I guess it depends on your strategy as well.
I wasn't referring to any actual coding that you did to make it difficult per say, mainly just the design of the map combined with the constant mixed rounds makes it impossible to survive for more than 10 seconds after being downed and not revived post-round 10 - you have to hunt down the box, run down hall 5 for jugg, run down hall whatever for tufbrew, then make it back to wherever your teammates are, all before you get raped by one of the many dogs that run faster than you :(
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
Dogs will only spawn outside after a certain round, just stay inside and you won't see any except in dog rounds.

- Phil.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Dogs will only spawn outside after a certain round, just stay inside and you won't see any except in dog rounds.

- Phil.
Yeah but at that round only one player can survive inside, if that. Zombies and dogs will rape you in those cells if you try to stay inside. Normal zombie rounds, cool. Normal dog rounds, cool, but mixed rounds are just annoying and also take the authenticity of the dog round away seeing as dogs come anytime and not just on a particular round. Its just my opinion I'm sure others would disagree but so far most others I've played with have agreed with me.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
Yeah but at that round only one player can survive inside, if that.
I don't know your strategy, but we managed to survive with all 4 players inside  :)

- Phil.
Date Registered: 5 March 2014
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Ununpentium miner
jorgep28's Groups
jorgep28's Contact & Social Linksjorgep28
links are broken... :'(
Date Registered: 22 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Groups
More
ocxmwys4mod's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
ocxmwys4mod's Contact & Social Links
Thank you for sharing 热爱cod的基友屌丝们QQ群145471670
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
links are broken... :'(

Use any of the following hosts:

MediaFire
    SendSpace
    UploadToAll - this will upload to many hosts simultaneously, but has a 300mb size limt.

Do NOT use any of these hosts:

Mega.co.nz - url formatting does not work on forums.
    GameFront - downloading is blocked in many countries.

This could be the reason why the links are not working or they could have been takin down :poker:
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Which came first, The chicken or the egg?
Signature
Check out my Custom Zombies Channel
 P0tZ YaT00000bin'
And also over at twitch
 P0tZ Twitchin'
P0tZ's Groups
P0tZ's Contact & Social Linkslive:p0tz-ukp0tzP0tZP0tZUKP0tZ001p0tzukp0tz001
Yeah I agree
The gamefront link works fine for me but I'm in the U.K. so site is not blocked
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
I replaced the Dropbox link with Mega. I'm sorry, I can't currently upload to any other host. But I tried to make sure the Mega link works.

- Phil.
Date Registered: 5 March 2014
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote