Created 10 years ago
by JBird632
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Crap, just wanted to click download and found out that the link got deleted.
Date Registered: 20 July 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Pro Mapper in Training
Signature
Firestorm - Releasing June 2019 :troll: | http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1439.0
RonanMerriman's Groups
RonanMerriman's Contact & Social Linksronan_merrimanmerrimand8merrimand8
Link removed!?!?!?! I want it now!!!!!!
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
After playing Overran, I could not wait to see how your next map turned out and I am glad to say it is every bit as good, neigh, better than Overran. The level of detail you put into your maps is just incredible.

Overall, this is a fantastic map that has a great layout and perfect balance to each area as the player makes his way through the map. Keep making maps mate... you do it very, VERY well. :)
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Links have been removed and hes deleted the files of the sites :/
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I would like to note, that I have removed the download from zombiemodding as well.
So that I can remove all ugx property.

Once again I am truly sorry.
As Delta said, you don't need to remove UGX property - you just need to give proper credit where it's due. You can use our PP19 texture and my thundergun script and whatever else you've used, but you need to give credit for each of them in every version of the map release topic. I have put the download link back, thank you for owning up to your mistake.

Also please consider what I said about the filesize of your map - it is too large at the moment and some file management and compression should be done.
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
As Delta said, you don't need to remove UGX property - you just need to give proper credit where it's due. You can use our PP19 texture and my thundergun script and whatever else you've used, but you need to give credit for each of them in every version of the map release topic. I have put the download link back, thank you for owning up to your mistake.

Also please consider what I said about the filesize of your map - it is too large at the moment and some file management and compression should be done.

How might I condense the file?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
How might I condense the file?
First remove the folders I mentioned:
reduce the filesize of your map by removing all unnecessary images, compressing the remaining images by resizing them and using DDS export, and removing unneeded folders from the IWD that you included such as ui, ui_mp, soundaliases, materials, and fx. These belong in the FF, not the IWD. They do absolutely nothing from the IWD.
Then you need to make sure that you are only including iwi files that you actually NEED for your weapons and map - there appears to just be huge collection of images in the folder, way more than would be expected for the content in the map.

To compress the files, take all the images which are larger than 1mb and convert them back to dds. Open them with photoshop and reduce the image size to 1024x1024. If they are already 1024, then go down to 512x512px. Then re-save them as DDS-3 or 5 and convert them back to iwi. I did this for every single BO1/2 texture in UGX Mod v1.1 which reduced our filesize by over 75mb.
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
This map is pretty good a few bugs i noticed, 1 the colt isn't aligned properly so the bullet doesn't go where you are aiming it goes just below that. Also check the weapon sound files some guns seem to have the FG42 as a secondary sound. Awesome map just needs some fixes.
RadihaX
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
First remove the folders I mentioned:Then you need to make sure that you are only including iwi files that you actually NEED for your weapons and map - there appears to just be huge collection of images in the folder, way more than would be expected for the content in the map.

To compress the files, take all the images which are larger than 1mb and convert them back to dds. Open them with photoshop and reduce the image size to 1024x1024. If they are already 1024, then go down to 512x512px. Then re-save them as DDS-3 or 5 and convert them back to iwi. I did this for every single BO1/2 texture in UGX Mod v1.1 which reduced our filesize by over 75mb.

I have been resizing images for quite some time now, and I think I've managed to get reduce the images folder size in half. I can try to go further, but what is good map size to aim for? I think mine is around 270mb atm, is that good enough?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I have been resizing images for quite some time now, and I think I've managed to get reduce the images folder size in half. I can try to go further, but what is good map size to aim for? I think mine is around 270mb atm, is that good enough?
That's MUCH better - Thank you. Feel free to continue but 270 is a decent size.
Date Registered: 14 November 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
by3cat17's Groups
by3cat17's Contact & Social Links
Very good map, I had a great time playing it! Very good balance of challenging and attainable for the different buildables and easter eggs, as it left me spending some time searching around the map, which I enjoy. Buildable Thundergun was awesome! The only thing i noticed, and perhaps it was intentional, was the Mark 2 ray gun does not shoot through the zombies, so when shooting at a a line of zombies the first one is the only one that gets hit. Upgraded as well. Not a big deal at all, and perhaps it was designed that way, just thought I'd mention it.

Great map, thanks for sharing!
Date Registered: 20 July 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Pro Mapper in Training
RonanMerriman's Groups
RonanMerriman's Contact & Social Linksronan_merrimanmerrimand8merrimand8
Great way to start to 2014 with such an epic map, I love it! The detail is amazing, the buildables are creative and the parts are well hidden, as are the teddy bears for the song easter egg. Custom weapons, custom hud, man... I have been looking forward to your next map since I first played Overrun. You never disappoint! ;)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
JBird,
        I have to agree with almost everyone else here. This is a good map, great weapons and is a lot of fun to play. When I found 3 work benches that all needed parts I knew it was going to be a long night :D I thought a buyable ending of that price was a bit much, but it's not a huge deal as the map has a GREAT camping spot.

I would also like to note that I appreciate you having such a good attitude about making the necessary amendments to your map as requested by UGX staff, that means a lot to see that you didn't take offense. Pretty refreshing really. Keep up the good work man.
RadihaX
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
That's MUCH better - Thank you. Feel free to continue but 270 is a decent size.
I managed to keep the file size under 300mb; however, I did not take into consideration the solo loadscreen. So the file size is 292mb, but is still in the 300mb limit. I have also update the special thanks section with more people who deserve credit (if I am missing anyone please tell me).

I have also fixed a couple bugs in the map itself, so if anyone has already downloaded the map, please download the update version.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I managed to keep the file size under 300mb; however, I did not take into consideration the solo loadscreen. So the file size is 292mb, but is still in the 300mb limit. I have also update the special thanks section with more people who deserve credit (if I am missing anyone please tell me).

I have also fixed a couple bugs in the map itself, so if anyone has already downloaded the map, please download the update version.
Do you have a list of the bugs you fixed? It would be useful to post one in the OP which will make it clear that the map itself has been updated :)

Loading ...