Community Scripter
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Payback
Signature
Tears Of The Fallen | Join the project https://discord.gg/8gDNQRj
fanmagic's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
fanmagic's Contact & Social LinksTears Of The Fallen
Hey guys,
I am working on an Orignis styled map since some months now and I decided to port over some models from BO2. Unfortuanally I have some issues with them. I've ported them with Wraith and converted them with AssMan to WaW and everything worked fine. But when I look at them ingame they don't work with the light correctly. Maybe I did a mistake while converting and I hope one of u guys know how to fix it.

The model gets fully lights out and the light don't fade on the model.

It happens to all of my ported models like these sandbags.

Model settings

Material settings

In Radiant I set up my worldspawn corecctly, the sun is working. I placed the lightgrid and lightgrid sky volumes, I placed a skybox model and reflection probes and the map is fully surrounded by a caulk box with a sky texture. I switched the ported models to stock WaW models and it works fine, so I think it is a problem with the converted models. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links

Add a specular map.
Make the spec map darker if it looks wet ingame.
Check "berlin_wood_beam" xmodel spec map for an example of darkness.
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
In WaW's engine, models are lit relative to their origin point (the blue box you can see in the 3d/2d panels). If they go through a brush, the light they receive will come directly from the skybox, so they won't look as bright or dark as the other objects around them. In order to fix that problem, you should avoid making them go through brushes in any direction possible. If you feel like you have to place a model in that fashion, you need to cover the origin of the model with some brushes so it won't receive any light from the outside of the map at all.

Bad practice

Good practice
:bman2:1

Loading ...