Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Any negligible loss they would make on BO3 sales, which would be something around (0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of total sales) would be recouped by the tiny number of people who would in turn purchase BO1. The reason they don't make BO1 Radiant, like I already said, is because it's a lot of work and it's not worth it. They can just make a camo or a reticle or something and make a lot more money instead. But they certainly wouldn't lose money on BO3, that's just laughable.

Work? Kek, they probably have all the tools sitting on their PC's, if anything the tools are there, just missing Radiant and ability to load mods in Single Player, and if that's a lot of work for a company like that then I question their skills.

But we both have different opinions on this, and if we keep going on we're not going to get anywhere, so let's leave it at that.
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Work? Kek, they probably have all the tools sitting on their PC's, if anything the tools are there, just missing Radiant and ability to load mods in Single Player, and if that's a lot of work for a company like that then I question their skills.

But we both have different opinions on this, and if we keep going on we're not going to get anywhere, so let's leave it at that.
Of course it's work, you think they give us the exact same tools they work with? :please: Tell me what incentive do they have to work on and complete a FREE mod tools so a few people will be happy? I don't know what you think the modding scene is, but the modding scene now is miniscule compared to COD in general, of course they don't give a shit. They don't even need to hire from the modding scene anymore, so we are utterly useless to them. The only people making money from mods are Youtubers. Anyway you clearly don't want to see sense so we'll leave it there.

Also something just occurred to me. Who would even benefit if BO1 Radiant was released? 99% of people don't even use WAW to anywhere close to it's full potential anyway, box maps aren't suddenly going to be a thing of the past just because we get newer tools. :please: The only real differences with a BO1 tools would be slightly better graphics (most people don't play on WAW max settings anyway), stock D2P (way overrated) and akimbo. The limits would 'probably' be higher on BO1, but barely anyone hits the actual limits properly - maybe like 1% of total mappers - by properly I mean when they can't easily be fixed with some basic knowledge.
Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:06:12 pm by steviewonder87
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
The only people making money from mods are Youtubers.

Oil Rig?  :please:
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
like i say: http://www.ipetitions.com/ we have to spam this
Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:07:01 pm by KDXDARK
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Id like to point out the current "Radiant" would be capable of making BO1 maps, all we are missing is the compiler, and maybe a few handy bells and whistles, but otherwise the current Radiant would work

So they are literally "blocking" it on purpose, I highly doubt they ever intend to release their more powerful engines in such a way as we can make content that rivals theirs

Also if they released Radiant again, as they "use" but do not "own" Radiant, I assume they would have to pay for the rights to release Radiant again. I suspect this is a large part of the reason
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Id like to point out the current "Radiant" would be capable of making BO1 maps, all we are missing is the compiler, and maybe a few handy bells and whistles, but otherwise the current Radiant would work

So they are literally "blocking" it on purpose, I highly doubt they ever intend to release their more powerful engines in such a way as we can make content that rivals theirs

Also if they released Radiant again, as they "use" but do not "own" Radiant, I assume they would have to pay for the rights to release Radiant again. I suspect this is a large part of the reason

I don't think they have to pay to release it, Radiant is open source and available to anyone here:

http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/

@Stevie after reading over your posts in more detail, you do make a good point.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links

I know there is probably some way to do it, I remember in 4D1 they got a couple COD 4 maps working as well as Nuketown and even added a few new weapons. Wonder how though.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Of course it's work, you think they give us the exact same tools they work with?

Thats kind of what they did for CoD5 mod tools. Everything besides maybe the mod launcher was developed for CoD5's development and released alongside the mod tools, besides other third party applications like Maya.

And i'm 90% sure that the "lite" version of the launcher has nothing to do with CoD5's tools not being the actual dev tools. More like CoD5's launcher is the "lite" version of the larger CoD4 launcher developed by SparkyMcSparks.

• steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Thats kind of what they did for CoD5 mod tools. Everything besides maybe the mod launcher was developed for CoD5's development and released alongside the mod tools, besides other third party applications like Maya.

And i'm 90% sure that the "lite" version of the launcher has nothing to do with CoD5's tools not being the actual dev tools. More like CoD5's launcher is the "lite" version of the larger CoD4 launcher developed by SparkyMcSparks.

(Image removed from quote.)
So you're saying they intentionally spent time and effort making the BO1 Mod Tools 'Beta' worse than the tools they used themselves? That makes lots of sense...::)

And I'm not just talking about the missing Radiant, I mean the crap they actually did give us.
Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:28:04 pm by steviewonder87
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
So you're saying they intentionally spent time and effort making the BO1 Mod Tools 'Beta' worse than the tools they used themselves? That makes lots of sense...::)

And I'm not just talking about the missing Radiant, I mean the crap they actually did give us.
are the BO1 mod tools really that bad? I have them, but havent really used them
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra

Perhaps they never intended to release the tools in full and only released the beta tools to avoid starting a controversy. Thats just me speculating of course but since they still haven't released the full mod tools it could be true.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
personally, I think the quality of our mods has gone up so much, it rivals theirs and thus they dont want to give us any further power to humiliate them with lol  :troll:
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
personally, I think the quality of our mods has gone up so much, it rivals theirs and thus they dont want to give us any further power to humiliate them with lol  :troll:

In terms of level design maybe. Scripting? Nope.
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
are the BO1 mod tools really that bad? I have them, but havent really used them

The BO1 mod tools work fine for the most part, main issues being that compiling doesn't always actual compile/update your mod if you make modifications to the weapon files or other things (relaunching Launcher fixes it) and some materials can't be converted a certain way (example: you can have Blend set on model phongs but not weapon phongs, causes errors).

The main error I run into when modding SP lately is the 128 weapon limit (only because of how I'm doing the mods at the current time). The FX limit is raised to 500 (WaW ~ 400, BO1 ~ 500, and BO2 ~ 600) and I think I've only ever hit that once in MP with something ridiculous I worked on (can't even remember what).
Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:00:14 am by Rollonmath42

Loading ...