UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Perk Machines: Should they stay or should they go?

POLL
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by MAK911

Poll

Question: New Machines?

Totally.
4 (21.1%)
It ain't broke. Don't fix it.
3 (15.8%)
Maybe just a retexture would be nice.
5 (26.3%)
Junk the machines altogether.
0 (0%)
BANANAS!
3 (15.8%)
I'm getting annoyed by you leaving this space for stupid votes that don't matter.
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 12:16:45 am

Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
As most of us probably know by now, the perk machines all have new jingles. WAHOO!!! Sounds! Anyway, my friends and I have been wondering: Does this entail new machines? Or is this just a new thing to do to make BO3 a little bit different from the rest of the zombies games?

What are your thoughts on possibly remade perk machines for BO3 or even a whole new system for perks like the gumball machines they currently have implemented? Should the machines stay or are they too worn out at this point to be "cool?"

Link to aforementioned jingles for those who are stuck under rocks ATM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMoRj3lK1UQ&list=PLl90NA2d-J49cw4qnKRxZf-H8iHHbG-jp
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
I wouldn't be surprised if perk machines make another return, as they pretty much are a trademark of the series since Verruckt. Plus all of the new perk jingles have corresponding stings, so it hints at the idea of perk machines unless they decided on something new that still uses a jingle and sting. The only custom perk system I've seen in recent times that I really liked was the one Quizz used for his more recent maps (circular bases on the ground with a color corresponding to the perk + name and a light beam out of them), partially because you didn't get downed after buying Juggernog as easily and they just looked cool.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Change and innovation is good, but changing things too much is not a good thing because it will loose that nostalgic feel. If they change up ALL the sounds, perk machines, hud elements, and stuff like that, its just not gonna feel like the same CoD Zombies that we've all come to love over the years. <3
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
I dont mind them changing the perk machines, but DONT mess with my precious jingles :(. I enjoy the old ones a lot better.

Like the saying goes, "you may change a mans perk machines, but dont change his jingles", or something like that anyway ;)
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
I dont mind them changing the perk machines, but DONT mess with my precious jingles :(. I enjoy the old ones a lot better.

Like the saying goes, "you may change a mans perk machines, but dont change his jingles", or something like that anyway ;)

mob of the dead had different jingles, and origins just had "toots", its just how the campaign team does it, they change the jingles to fit the theme of each map they do and I like it, perk machines stay the same :P
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
I think the machines should stay, but remodelled. The jingles should stay though, they're a memorable part of the zombie mode.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Jingles, meh. Perk machines are a staple of zombies though. If you change that system, make a new game type. Leave zombies, zombies. Don't mess with a working dynamic. Add new ways to get them, sell them back, upgrade them, limit them, make new perks, sure, but speed, jugg, at least those, are a part of zombies, and to take them out, just isn't zombies anymore, its something else.
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:42:26 pm by MakeCents

Loading ...